Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Monday, June 24th)

Good Morning Shopping Friends,

The humidity is rolling in and we are expecting some thunderstorms this afternoon for a few hours.  Tonight is the big fireworks display on the Detroit Riverfront so I hope the rain moves out for the diehards that will be there for the show.

The recital was lovely on Saturday night.  Bella did well and was one of two dancers who faced the audience and didn't look at the dance instructor for prompts on the side of the stage.

I spent the afternoon at my sister's house yesterday trying to help her clear some of the big limbs from the two mulberry trees that she cut down with a hand saw a few weeks ago.  Yep, you read that right, she used an old fashioned handsaw to cut down 20 year old trees Woman Surprised  It's not like the trees were dead either.

I was able to get some of the work done with the polesaw and the chain saw that I own.  I am going to need to rent a heavier duty chain saw from Home Depot to get the rest of it chopped up.

Should be fun Woman LOL

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Monday, June 24th)

@Bird mama    Yes, I think you are in the same weather pattern as we are here in NE Ohio.  We had such a perfectly beautiful weekend here.  There wasn't a cloud in the sky most of the time, low humidity, and nice temps.  Living SE of Lake Erie, we usually see clouds more than we see sun.  It was already 71 degrees at 5:00am this morning, with rising humidity, so it looks like summer is actually on the way!

I spent the weekend outdoors taking it all in (jogging, bicycling, gardening, etc.).  Sawing trees would not be my forte, Thank goodness I live in a condo!

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Glad Bella did so well at the recital.  Hope the thunderstorms don't ruin the fireworks display.  Sounds like you and your sister have a lot in common.  Glad you can help her and please be careful with that chainsaw.  YIkes!

It was nice on my walk this morning, but it should be getting hot today and even hotter later in the week.  Pretty normal for our area this time of the year.  Low humidity does help.

I have my strong bones class this morning.  Nothing else planned except some cleaning.  I would like to have my haircut, but I doubt if my stylist is working today.

Regarding the TSV -- I remember wearing jumpsuits many years ago -- even then, they were very impractical.  Also, I am not a fan of the wide legs.  That makes this TSV an easy pass for me, but I see that many have been ordered, so I guess others don't have the same view.  Hope any of you who order like it very much.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day.

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- Glad you had such nice weather over the weekend .  Sounds like you are a very active lady.  Do you enjoy living in a condo?  I lived in apartments many years ago, but I've gotten very used to living in a house.  But, I know that house and yard upkeep can become a problem as one gets older.

Respected Contributor

Bernie..good for Bella. Sydnies dance studio has their very youngest dancers on stage with no teacher in sight. On the other hand, my other dgd who dances is 8 and her teachers were in full view of the audience. It was very distracting.

One year. When Syd was 11, the music stopped in the middle of her dance and they group kept on dancing . They got a standing ovation.

you are most ambitious with your chopping.

Honored Contributor

@2blonde  The weather on Friday and Saturday was glorious.  It was a little warmer than I might have liked yesterday, then again I was working with saws, lol.

It is going to be nothing short of ugly this week - hot and humid :-(

Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte  You hit the nail on the head when you mentioned humidity.  That has been something that always wrung me out - even when I was a kid.  The TSV jumpsuit is cute however I doubt I'd have the occasion to wear it.  If I recall correctly, the one and only time I had a jumpsuit was when I was 15 going on 16.  I remember it because my sister got married that year and I was a bridesmaid and had to be fitted for a dress and I was mortified that I had to disrobe more or less.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Barbara  @sydsgma1   I think the folks sitting in the center of the auditorium didn't see the teachers off to the side.  I was seated more to the side and watching a teacher bopping around got on my nerves, lol. 

Her father bought her flowers before the event.  When the event was over - rather late after 9:30 (late to me for some small kids) - I gave her my bouquet and she gave her father the one he bought her with the quickness.  I had to laugh.

My niece, her mother told us that before the recital Bella busted out crying saying she wished grandma (my eldest sister) was there.  My sister has been gone 2 1/2 years and Bella was 5 when she passed.  I gather that stunned my niece.

I think it helped my greatniece to see two older people (me and my remaining sister) of her grandma's generation there.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I have been in bed for 3 days and my fever broke late last night.  It's a good thing that Christopher's graduation party wasn't on Saturday.  I woke up achey on Friday morning, but didn't think anything about it.  We went to get groceries & I headed to bed asap.   I have not been able to read your posts.  Tylenol  has been my bf.

It rained  Friday night, but It was a nice weekend  from what I could see out of my BR window.  It  rained this morning right after my DH came in from his walk.  But,  my 🍅🍅🍅 look great.

It's  been in the  70's for over 2 weeks  but the ugly 80's will be here starting tomorrow.  

The humidity doesn't bother me.  Anything above the 60's-°70's I burn from the inside out.  I had a rough time out in  the PNW last summer when it was over 100° & dry.  I had a lot of pain and my skin which is usually on the oily side was awful for at least a month after we got back home.  I had to moisturize for weeks which I never have to do.

Bird Mama how cute of Bella.  I am sure that you are a huge part of her life.  

Lunch is leftovers and supper will be scrambled eggs and toast.  I am not going to do anything for a few days except read & watch TV.  I was too sick to do either w.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry you have been ill, twinny.  Please take it easy.  Glad your fever broke at last.

Honored Contributor

Geez @twinny70   I'm sorry that you were bedridden with fever for 3 days.  Scarey.  It's humid as all get out here and a front is moving my way.  It's gonna be mid to upper 80s all week long here.  Rain on and off all week too so you know that means humid.