Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Monday, June 13th)

Hello and how are you today?  There hasn't been that much going on in my part of the world.  I went to an open house for an elementary school graduation on Saturday.  I didn't know that was a thing, then again I went to Catholic school.  It was for my eldest great niece and my first gathering with people in over 2 years.  I was very happy that the weather held out and we were able to basically be in the yard.  I need to work on being around the unvaccinated folks in my family.  I kept it light and breezy on the outside with increased anxiety on the inside Woman Very Happy

The high point was wearing nice cotton blend slacks with a blouse, jewelry and my new red Keds.  Pretty much everyone else was wearing jeans but I really wanted to try to do better.

Worked in the yard yesterday and am currently monitoring twitter for weather in Wisconsin.  (#WIWX).  A storm is churning there as I type and that storm is coming my way later.  Looks ugly and is prompted by a heat wave coming through.

My sister in laws live in Chandler and Mesa - they relocated from Michigan when they were kids so they're used to the kind of weather that Barbara and Linda talk about.

I can't handle that kind of weather, rofl.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Monday, June 13th)

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Glad you were able to attend your great nieces's graduation, and it was outdoors.  Nice that you were able to wear the clothing and accessories you wanted to wear.  When you have been away from it for so long, finding special occasions to dress up even slightly are fun.  I went to public school and had an elementary school "graduation", but I don't think my DD or my grands had one.

Hope the storm won't be too bad in your area.  Today, there is no excessive heat warning here, but it made it to 102 or more.  So, it feels hot.  I thought we were supposed to have a somewhat cooler week, but now they are predicting very hot weather starting on Wednesday or Thursday.  

I had a call from Bev, and I asked her what was coming out of the drain.  She said it was coming out of her back, and she thought perhaps tissues around the kidney and/or kidney would come out.  So, they didn't remove the kidney.  She was in pretty good spirits all things considered, but she admitted she felt bad the first week or so when she was in the hospital.  They should be moving her to a rehab facility tomorrow or the next day, and she is hoping that she can get some of her strength back since she mostly has been just laying in the bed except to get up and use the commode.

DD's refrigerator, washer, and dryer arrived today, and she is very happy.  She and youngest DGS are renting a truck and driving up to Maryland tomorrow to pick up the boxes in the storage room.  That should be the end of the moving business, thank goodness.

I went to the dermatologist this morning, and he said no skin cancer -- thank goodness.  I told him about my check sensitivity, etc., and he said it is probably contact dermatitis.  He recommended not using any products (moisturizers, etc.) and gradually bringing them back.  Since I need sunscreen, he suggested buying a mineral-based one for babies.  Fingers crossed that works out.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

@Bird mama 

I went to parochial school as did my children and now my grandchildren.

If I had to suffer through Attila the Nuns: so do all of them.

Disclaimer: I say rosary every night which clears me of my remarks here.

I hope.

Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte   The doctors who used leeches in the middle ages had better sense than Bev's doctors.  I've seen some crackpot, negligent care in my lifetime and nothing like this kidney fiasco in Bev.  She is managing to survive cancer and they are going to kill her with gangrene or some other curable condition.  Father God, I have to check my novenas, maybe I'm praying the wrong ones - whoo.

You gotta be careful with sunscreen (ingredients).

Honored Contributor

Hey @Malcontent   I went from K-12.  Wouldn't change it for the world. Woman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Bird mama 

Yep, me too.

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama---Flad to see your post. I think it feel great to be "dressed" a bit for functions or nothing at all. Heck, I try to pull myself "together" for the grocery store and pharmacy,.LOL

Weather is certainly interesting. We'll watching tyhe Yellowstone River Flood. Dad's ranch was behind the park by miles but we've never heard about the river flooding in previous years. Hopefully everyone will be safe and the wildlife. 

I worked in the gardens the other weekend and got pricked in the food by some cactus plant. My foot is blistered and swoolen and looks ugly. Honestly....these reactions are getting "old" ---or it' me. ha ha!!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte---Thanks for the update on Bev, I'll keep her in prayers. What an ordeal. 

I'm glad your DD receive and likes the appliances. It sure makes a difference when they work (and look) the way you hoped.

I hope you get some relief with the mineral based sun screen for babies. I didn't even know that was available. Hopefully, you'll get some relief.