Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Monday, Feb 6th

Hello and welcome to another week of shopping temptation, lol. 

I am waiting to see if the oryany bag ships - it's registered on my order history, I never received an order confirmation email from the Q - this has got to be a first.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Monday, Feb 6th

Image result for shopaholic images

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, that is a first about not getting an email from the Q confirming your order.  Enjoy the new bag if it comes your way.  It is sunny & mid 40's today & tomorrow.  Then 2 days of 20's.  Then back to 40's again.  Green grass in the bavky & we saw a Bunny yesterday.

meallen, cute graphic again.

I did my downtown walking & it was very nice.  Then I went to Qwik Trip for DH 's bananas & a bagNof milk.  I am still on somewhat of a non dairy diet.  Next week I see my GI Dr. for my 6 month checkup.

Dreaded dental visits for both of us tomorrow.  I go first as I am always fearful.

DD sent me a good email this morning.  Eldest DGS & a friend placed 3rd in their 1st FBLA competition yesterday.  He goes to a State Meet next month.  Both DGS's got straight A's.  DD & DGS #2 try for their first black belts next month.

DH & I had planned go to a girls basketball game up there on Thursday night to see 2 of the DGC perform during intermission, but that is canceled because DD has a soccer meeting that night.  DD said that they have a band concert in March, but we will be on vacation.  Our DGD will be 12 on our anniversary, so we hope to do something special with her.  Right now she is the easiest one to get hold of.  Our DSIL is busy working from home & we don't want to leave him out.  I think that he has a business trip to Boston coming up soon.

The hot tub was nice & I have stew in the oven.

Hugs to all of you.

P.S. marijane, did you watch the Big Game last night?  I was in awe & don't like football.  Even the commercials didn't keep my attention.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Ladies....I do,hope your bag comes Bernie.....thatnhas never happened to me about not getting a confirmation of an order.     THanks for the graphic  Meallen.  TWinny good luck to both  of you tomorrow at the dentist.  I too was in awe at the game last night....in fact I had told my DH well I guess the Falcons have it...and this was before half time.   I don't like football either but starting the 3rd quarter it got my attention....I could not believe how the Patriots came back......I didn't think the  commercials were that great.  I must have missed the Clydesdale one...that's one I always look forward too.

The weather has been pretty "warm" today...we are supposed to,be in for some wild weather starting mid week.   Rain,snow,ice etc.    I had bought a cooked chicken today so just have to make some veggies .....easy supper tonight.

Have a nice rest of day everyone.....Marijane

PS....Kathleen how are you doing in all that snow you got ..have you bought a shovel yet??

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. I do hope you get your bag. I once has an order that showed "In process," the same day I received the order.I guess there are computer glitches at times.

I worked today despite not feeling the best. Our temps today hit 70; this has got to be one weird Winter. I keep waiting for Momma Nature to deliver an entire season's worth of precipitation in one monster snowfall.

I managed to mail back the infamous "as is" IM pants that was the first bad "as is" experience.

I'm off to rest as I am zapped.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

Hello All,

Twinny, your stew sounds wonderful.   We have been hitting higher temps but this time of year I still like to do a hearty soup. 

Today, we started off cool but temps rose quickly.  Unfortunately, I was running errands and started off fine but realized after an hour that the short sleeved sweater I chose to wore was a mistake. 

A family member gave me a 25 dollar gift card to Kohls.  I have been shopping the 80% off section and after 3 to 4 trips, I still have 10 dollars on it.  My husband is always amazed that I can stretch these gifts out. 

Well, I hope everyone is doing good.   Gayle

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Sorry to be so late in posting.  Thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  I think that I didn't get a confirmation e-mail one time, but the item did arrive.   

Hope your dental visit goes okay, twinny.

I don't think they have the Clydesdale commercials any longer, Marijane.  I'm somewhat vague on that, but I'm pretty sure that the company decided against using them any longer.

Glad you were able to work today, Jean.  Glad you returned the yucky pants.

You are really quite a shopper, Gayle.  Good for you getting so many things for your gift card.

Cute graphic, meallen.

My favorite part of the game last night was when a former President did the coin toss.  Not being political at all, but I thought how wonderful it must have been for him to see the love and respect of the crowd.  And, his wife was beaming as well.  Brought tears to my eyes.

The game was really something -- I was convinced that Atlanta was winning, and then the whole game changed.  I didn't find the commercials too interesting.

DH slid off the chair yesterday afternoon (in between my visits), and they had to call the Fire Department to pick him up again.  He was in the wheelchair when I visited the second time.  He was not anxious like the previous Sunday, but he did want to come home with me.

I decided to stop by the facility when I took my morning walk today, and he was still in the wheelchair.  The caregiver said he was much stronger than last week, but his balance was off, so he put him in the wheelchair.  He was having a big breakfast, and seemed happy.

After I came home, I had a call from the senior lunch program.  They were desperate for help today since the regular volunteer could not come (her husband was in the hospital).  The only volunteer coming had only volunteered once before, and I was concerned that she would be overwhelmed.  So, I went in today rather than go back to feed DH lunch.  It was a difficult decision, but I figured that I had seen him once, and I would go back at dinnertime, so I would do so.  Things went very well -- the volunteer was very nice.

When I went back to visit DH, he was on the sofa, but he could not get up.  So, we used the wheelchair again.  He was in a good humor, and was happy to see me.  

Tomorrow is my regular volunteer day, and I plan to go to the gym as well.  Fingers crossed DH will be stronger.

Waves to all of our posters and readers, and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda