Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Monday, Feb 24th)

Hello all, it's starting to get a bit overcast in my part of the world.  After Twinny mentioned the snow that was heading her way last night I checked my own weather and something's coming. 

My weather people aren't too sure what's coming or how much of it is coming but I do know it will start tonight and run through Thursday Woman Very Happy

I went the check route with the rest of my charitable donations and mailed those this morning.  I deposited my itty bitty refund check (last one from City of Detroit) at the bank (drive through).  The teller advised me that she included a brochure about equity loans with my receipt.  I've known her since I was 15 so I smiled and said thank you.  Inside I was thinking I don't want a loan Woman Surprised!

I picked up a pizza from Little Caesar's and just ate a couple of slices with a nice salad that I made. 

I'm going to let this food settle and then I'm stripping the daybed and dragging the mattress from he** into the garage.  Tomorrow is garbage pick up day Woman Happy

If I can swing it today, I'll remove the link spring suspension deck and put that in the garage too.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Monday, Feb 24th)

Hi Everyone!

It's partly sunny today but still somewhat cool. The patio is still not totally thawed so no mud.....yet. They are forecasting 4-5 days of rain and high wiinds.That's not good. Where's the polar vortex that I was promised? LOL Honestly, all I can hope is that the rain is intermittent so the ground can absorb some of the wet.

Today is the first day that my knees are feeling a bit improved. I been putting my topical pain cream on every 4 hours. I'm still watching what I'm doing (especially on the steps.) I think I overdid with the decluttering and stumbling in the yard. I thought I was safe with my hiking boots on but I'll have to rethink that idea.

I did not purchased the Roomba TSV. Still not sure if that was my best decision or not. At the very least, it will prompt me to have enough energy to remove the wall to wall downstairs and put in new flooring. My problem is that what I like is double my budget. I really wanted to do the entire area down there with the same flooring because it's a semi open floor plan. We are still thinking that we will attempt this ourselves to same the $$ on the install and the hassel with the dogs and strangers in the house. If we go at our own pace I think we can do it. That is ....once we agree on where to start. LOL

I'm making beef stew tonight in the pressure cooker. I don't use it that often but wish I did. I'm still learning with it. I hope to bring it out more often than I do. I seriously need to select the recipes and just attempt them one at a time. 

I passed on the D & Co TSV today. I thought it was good they did something different but I wasn't a fan of the tie dye abstract print and crew neck. I still think Lineas does the best ombre designs. My life is very casual now so what i like I don't need. Good for my budget.

Hope everyone has a good afternoon and evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  Hope whatever weather comes your way isn't a problem, Bernie.  It is sunny and warmer here (should make it to the mid 60's), and they are predicting 70 degree highs by the weekend.

Your plan to get rid of the mattress and get a new one (plus the spring suspension deck) sounds good.  Hope you like the new mattress you ordered. Glad you got your charitable deductions made and deposited the tiny check.  Also glad you don't need a home equity loan.  My brother talked me into one when I bought my house in Maryland, and I couldn't wait to get it paid off.  I gave the money to him to make some needed renovations.

I thought of you went I walked past our local Little Caesar's last Saturday, but I did not buy a pizza since I had one in the freezer.

Hope you don't get too much mud, Fressa.  You are certainly ambitious with your house renovations.  Enjoy the beef stew.  Glad your knees are a little better.

I had strong bones class this morning, and then went to our recreation center to sign up for a day trip in April.  We are going to some mountains and doing a little hiking.  I have been wanting to go to those mountains for some time, but I didn't want to drive by myself.  

After paying for the trip, I walked down to the thrift store (about a 20 minute walk), but didn't find an appropriate dress for the wedding.  I walked back a new way (for me) which was lovely, but took some time.  After that, I decided to try a consignment store in the area (drove there), and tried on a couple of dresses -- one too big, one too small.  I was about to leave when I saw some "cruise wear", and I found a dress that I liked enough to try on and send a picture to DD.  It is way too long, but otherwise fits pretty well.  I was hoping for jewel tones, but this is a very pretty lilac color -- - plain. long sleeveless dress, and an organza (?) embroidered jacket.  Anyway, DD loved it, and I was thrilled to find it was half price -- $20!  I am sure the alterations will be more than the price of the dress, but I think the dress is quite appropriatet.

Now to find shoes.  The saleslady gave me the name of an alteration shop, and I will go there once I have the shoes.  

Sort of pinching myself that things worked out so well -- at least so far.

I plan to call the home where my hospice patient is and see if I can visit today.  Also plan to do some house cleaning.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, last night on the TV, they said 6-12" .  Yikes.  Today they say it's going more towards Chgo and we might get 1-3" of snow. Much more manageable.  Good luck with getting your mattress out to your garage.  I know that they are heavy.

fressa, I am not a fan of rain anytime of the year.  Snow is my favorite.  Good luck with your renovations.  It's a big job, but nice when it's all done.

Linda L, how great that you found a nice dress for your dgs's wedding.  It sounds lovely.  

We found the missing tax form yesterday, so we went to the tax lady this morning,  DH put gas in the gas can just in case we have a lot of snow & we went to the Wellness Center.  

Sooner or later, my flip top Trac phone will not be useable so I went to Wal-Mart this afternoon and found out that I can get a different Trac phone and transfer my minutes. 

Somehow I lost the battery charger for camera, but I think that Wal-Mart has one that will work.  It's a square battery. Both of these things need to be taken care of before our April vacation.

We are going to our niece, her dh & our gn 's for dinner tonight.  I will ask her if she is going to sell my mom's house, as they are living in her dh's house.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. I hope your new mattress works out well, and that the trash people pick up the old. We have to make arrangements for special pickups which are dsone once a month.

Fressa--DIY can save major dollars if you are talented enough to do it and have the time. As to the Roomba, if you ever want one, Amazon has several including the version sold as the TSV.

Linda--It is great that you found a great dress for a reasonable price. Yes, alternations will add to the cost but it is a dress that has won your approval. Things do work out if we give ourselves time and consider various options with an open mind.

Twinny--Glad you found the missing tax form. I do hope you find the battery charger replacement.  You need to check out those TracFones with all those minutes that the Q and HSN sells. Many people buy a new one each year as the number of minutes and carryover make it a cost effective move.

I worked today despite not feeling well when I got up. Midway through the day, I felt fine. I don't have any more days booked for this week as of now but that can change at any moment.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Homemade beef stew sounds good @Fressa 

Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte   Even if you pay for alterations on the dress $20 for the dress itself is pretty good.  I know I couldn't believe I stumbled across that dressy top for my niece's wedding at Sears.  I went to Sears to get a Buxton wallet in a style they carried and happened to stroll by the holiday clearance and there was the dressy top.

Good luck with the shoe shopping.  That's always a fun thing for me to shop for Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Twinny @twinny70   last night the weather couldn't quite put his finger on WHAT was coming.  I watched the 6 o'clock news today and it sounds like maybe an inch rain/snow tonight that could melt tomorrow.  Because our temps will be dropping a bit each day it sounds like the snow Wednesday and into Thursday could be 5 inches for me.  To be honest, I'm retired, I got nothing but time to putter with the snow.  I worry about my sister's commute to work.  Man I don't miss those.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat   It might be a blessing that you are not scheduled for anything as of right now.  My weather guy talked about the winter storm moving across the Ohio Valley Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

I would like to ask mattress manufacturers why they don't put handles on twin mattresses.  It's awkward as heck to get a grip on a mattress with no handles.  Getting the suspension deck off the wood daybed frame was easy-peasy.  At least I had something to grip when I carried it out.