Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Monday, December 20)

Hi sydsgma!

I nevrer posted on the other site but read it when I had some time for me. Glad everyone is recovering from Covid.

Quiet holdiays are "golden" for us. The kids and there inl-aws can certainly provide more "entertainment" than we prefer. 

Today we had a mix of rain to snow  with clouds and cold temps. I hope the rain takes a break and just the cold temps and clouds stay for a few days. That's my ideal weather to run around and do errands. Strange but it works.

Honored Contributor

Yea Linda R, I know it's good folks still go to church but really remember whose house you are entering, smh.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I look forward to getting to know you @chessielady   Nobody's life is more boring than mine and that doesn't stop me from yapping about it Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Hi chessielady!

Welcome !  

I am sorry for the loss of your two dogs.  I miss mine every single day. Each one has a sepcial place in your heart. The heart just seems to grow with the love of these animals. I have 2 German Shepherds that are siblings and 7 now.  

Our kids are grown but live near us. We are finally starting to update our home after storm damage and major appliance , etc. replacement.  Of course, it's going much slower than planned but we aren't "20" anymore. LOL 

I'm trying to watch a little less news and a little more Hallmark movies or mini series. Any of those programs seem to put me to sleep which is always a good thing.

Super Contributor

@Bird mama I remember your posts about the freezer with gun safe in concrete and the installation of your cook top. I told my husband all about it and he said you were won gutsy lady. That was high praise from him !

I was also sorry about the loss of your last bird. It is always heart breaking to lose an animal friend.....

Honored Contributor

Hey @Fressa   of course the blouse is at JCP.  The name is Worthington Split Tie Neck Long Sleeve Blouse and the pattern is called Olivia Geo - I see nothing geometric but they didn't ask me.  

Honored Contributor

How did the furnace installation at the kids/in-laws go yesterday @Fressa 

Super Contributor

@Fressa  GSD are so noble ! I have Chesapeake Bay retrievers. Many moons ago I showed Cardigan Welsh Corgis. (the ones with the tail!) After the loss of my last Cardi "Sherman my heart dog...I just couldn't have another. I have always had a retriever in my pack so I went back to the Chessies.

I love reading about your struggles with mud and the pooches. That is a never ending battle isn't it?

Honored Contributor

@chessielady   I should have never moved forward with surgery on Francis until I had all of the information and test results.  If I would have held my ground and said we aren't scheduling diddly squat until you give me the radiologist report, Francis would still be with me.  I learned after the fact that surgery was not necessary and it's something I live with.  I know Francis is restored and bopping around heaven.  

Super Contributor

@Bird mama     Amen.....but second guessing is not always good for you. You did what you thought was best  at the time.  But heaven gained alovely bird......you will meet again I am sure of it !