Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Monday, Dec 12th

Good Afternoon Everyone, my company generously provides 5 paid bereavement days for immediate family members so I am home this week.

The visitation for Anna is tomorrow and Wednesday with the funeral on Thursday.

We got a significant amount of snow in a 2 day period.  My middle sister Mary and I shoveled our separate properties around the same time yesterday evening.  She worked today so after I shoveled my property this morning, I went to the post office to mail a birthday card to my SIL Debbie in AZ, I returned Halo at the counter an then headed over to Mary's house and shoveled her property.  This way, when she comes home from work it's one less thing she needs to do.  I imagine when she sees her snow gone, I will be on the receiving end of a lecture that I am not a pack mule and shouldn't be lifting heavy snow.  Lucky she won't be seeing me roll my eyes while I let her get it out, lol.

She can flex her schedule tomorrow for work.  Her bereavement leave (3 days) will be Wed-Fri.

I chose the arrangements from Mary and myself with care and know that Anna would have liked both.  I didn't go with anything too 'funeraly'.

I placed another order with JCP yesterday.  Darn them and ebates, rofl.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Monday, Dec 12th

@Bird mama

The plans will be perfect!

HAHA -- The JCP order! (And coupons and ebates!)

My inbox has been far too enticing lately!

The gift shows are on and yammering in the background!

Mary will be crying for joy that you did that at her property❤️

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Bird mamaSmiley LOL --> "'funeraly'"

2131596huvrogyuwz.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Regular Contributor

Good Afternoon, Ladies!!!

Bernie...I am so sorry for your loss.  I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers and I'm sending cyber hugs your way!!!  I hope you enjoy your latest JCP order - ebates, coupons, etc are tough to resist these days- ugh!!

Not much going on here...we started with some snow last night, but it changed to rain and we woke up to just rain and no trace of the snow that had fallen.  I am a snow lover(as long as it's not overkill, lol), so I do enjoy a bit of snow.  It will be getting very cold later this week.  My children and I are headed to the cemeteries on Saturday and this year we'll be bundled up for sure.

We had a family party for my oldest 2 (turned 30) on Saturday and had a fun time.  My nieces and nephews are young, so they are alot of fun. 

My shopping is done and mostly wrapped - a new record for me!!!  It's a really nice feeling, so I am planning to do some baking.  My mom made oodles of Christmas cookies that everyone misses, so I plan to try a few of her recipes.

I hope you all have a wonderful day...I will check back tonight.  Enjoy!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Your arrangements seem very appropriate., Also, I feel a little guilty for explaining the virtues of eBates to you. It does make shopping more enticing.  I see the eBates rebate for the Q today is 5%, but that is far less than the 15% I got for JCP during one of its promotions.

Karen--Good job on getting your shopping done and most of it wrapped. Since you are a snow lover, I am sorry your snow turned to rain. The cookies are a great way to carry on the Christmas tradition and memories.

I worked today and will be going to the city tomorrow for hair appointment and PT appointment. I did buy the TSV. I had an earlier version of it and it was really useful to the point that it was borrowed never to find it home again.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

https://yourstylevault.com/style-blog/stop-buying-clothes-you-never-wear/

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  You are so thoughtful, Bernie.  I'm sure the funeral arrangements will be perfect.

The bookclub ran late, and I rushed home to register for a "class" in January.  They just started having classes in January, and this one is on Islam.  

Sorry that I don't have time to post much now, but maybe I'll have time later.

Have a nice evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, your funeral plans sound perfect!   We got 9" of snow this weekend, but it was light & manageable.

I will read your posts tonight as it has been a busy day.

I have writers cramp, but did get all of our Christmas cards written today.  I don't do a form letter as I like to make them personal.  I got lucky at the post office & was in & out in 3 minutes.

Went shopping & got some stocking stuffers & gifts for when we play games after lunch on Christmas Eve Day.

I need to wrap presents tomorrow before we go out for lunch with friends.

I am loving the snow, but will be bundling up on Tuesday & Wednesday as we will be getting our first cold spell.  

Hugs to all of you.

Trusted Contributor

Hi ladies - good to hear from everybody!  I wanted to thank you for the shoe/slipper size input.  My sister and daughter both wear size 10, but I was pretty sure that most would wear a smaller size, lol.  (Nothing wrong with size 10's)  just wanted to get a feel for what most of you would wear.  

I've been working on house cleaning today, and at the moment I am watching one of those Hallmark Channel Christmas movies.  My DS should be coming home today or tomorrow.  My DD should be coming home on Friday.  I'm looking forward to my kids being home for a couple of weeks.

Take care everyone ~ Charlene

Valued Contributor

Bird Mama, sorry for your loss.  Loss is always tough, thoughts your way.

We went from really cold, back up to 80 degrees.  I was able to ride my bike and it was nice to be out in sunny weather. 

We have really simplified our Christmas this year.  At first, I wasn't sure but now I really am loving the low or no pressure of it all.  We are limiting it to stocking stuffers, nof gifts.  We are doing small decorations in each room but skipping the tree.  It seems to really work for us this year.   As opposed to doing a Christmas meal that puts either me or my husband in the kitchen for a chunk of the day, we are doing a buffett.  This is something I would have never of done years ago and now it seems like much more fun to me.  It is funny how priorities change. 

I hope everyone is doing o.k.  Take care,  Gayle