Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Monday, August 8th

@AKgirl2

Girl, I like to dance as much as the next person, but breakdancing out of the tub is not my idea of fun, rofl.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@AKgirl2

Girl, I like to dance as much as the next person, but breakdancing out of the tub is not my idea of fun, rofl.

You did the 'electric slide' and went into a breakdance!💃

Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2

That's it exactly, lol.

It was like crowdsurfing without a crowd, lol.

Honored Contributor

image.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, WOW!  Like AKgirl said, things could have been a lot worse.  I was a bath person too,  but CIDP made me a shower girl.  I have a transport shower chair in my master bathroom.  We got it when I was wheelchair bound, but I still I use it daily.  The hot tub is fine as I climb up to get in if this makes sense.  I am extra careful in motel bathrooms too.  Hope that you heal real soon.

AKgirl, I can fall going up or down stairs too, so there are rails.  Sorry about your toe injury.

Sydsgma, I remember you taking that bad fall at your DS's.  A few more days & the sale will be over & you can relax.  Easy for me to say that now.

butterfly nice graphic too.

I got up early & did my walk as I don't like the heat.  Had breakfast, showered & hung out two loads of laundry.  After watching TPIR, we hot tubbed & then it was time to fix lunch.  I am having a lazy afternoon & it is leftovers for dinner.  Not an exciting day around here for sure.  

Today is the last 70's day.  90's by Wednesday, but 70's for the weekend.  It has been so nice having the windows open all night.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70

After my eldest sister was home a couple of weeks, I said, look I went out on Amazon and found a great transport bath chair.  I recommended she give it a shot as it was on a ridiculous sale and the most highly rated amazon item I've ever seen.

It locks at 90 degree positions, has a back and side arms and is really safe for folks with mobility issues. 

She ordered it, my middle sister put it together (not complicated) and my eldest sister said it was the best thing she ever bought for herself.

I told my middle sister I was thinking about ordering one and putting it on the side while I can get it for $299 free s/h.  It's like a $500 transport chair.

You never know when you will need something like that and me and my middle sister could share it as needed.

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@AKgirl2

That's it exactly, lol.

It was like crowdsurfing without a crowd, lol.

Save that for concerts Bernie!

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama

Hang this in the bathroom as a reminderimage.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Afternoon All, Thanx @Bird mama for the start, boy you did it up good girl, thankfully it wasn't worse, someone was watching over you, now just take it easy & let you body heal.

I'm a shower person, it's part of the bath tub, tub has non-slip coating but I still use a non-slip mat, wouldn't be without it, you might want to consider getting one.

Must be colonoscopy time, @LindaLatte,  I agree 2 days is a bit much, I've only had to do a 1 day fast, you'll get thru it, wishing a good outcome (oh boy that was not intentional, but I left it in lol) on the test. Happy DH is doing well, it's really for the best.

Enjoyed the lovely graphics & hearing about everyone's going's on.

We also will be heading back into the 90's in the next few days, hopefully this will be the last heat spell as August is almost on the way out

Stay Cool

Essie

Esteemed Contributor

Good evening, everyone. I am back from the city where I visited a friend, had my nails done and picked up some groceries at Wal-Mart. I got back in time to see the afternoon Clarks show. I ordered the grey TSV.

LindaL--I always had to fast the day before and then could not eat until after the colonoscopy because anesthesia is used. I always had a morning appointment, so I was able to eat around Noon the day of the procedure. I hope you enjoy the TSV if the waitlist is fulfilled.

Bernie--Accidents can happen so easily. I have a non-slip bath mat in my tub but that is no guarantee. You are fortunate that you only suffered bruises and a broken toilet seat. I got a laugh out of your use of "sonofapup." I did let Arlene know via message that you asked about her but I haven't heard anything.

meallen and butterfly--Thank you for the lovely graphics.

Barbara--You deserve some relaxation time after all the effort put into getting ready for the yard sale.

Essie--Enjoy your cooler weather before the next heat spell sets in.

AKGirl--I am also a klutz or feel like one at times. As you know from experience, it is so easy to break toes. I did that this Spring and it took six weeks for it to heal, so I had to wear a special boot for much of that time. Now, the big toe is still and won't bend well as it has calcium deposits built up on it from the healing process. Be careful as I'm going to have problems with shoes on my right foot. I wish I could wear sandals year round so I wouldn't have to worry about having extra room for the now much bigger big toe. The other toes are fine on that foot.

Wishing everyone a good evening.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.