Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Monday, August 8th

Hello and Happy Monday to all,

Not too much going on with me, keeping busy at work.

I did fall in the shower, or should I say out of the shower last night.  What an experience.  A few bruises but everything is working okay.  This is why I prefer a bath.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Monday, August 8th

Hello ladies,

https://www.pinterest.com/anneglenn74/monday-blessings/

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  I'm so sorry about your fall.  Hope the bruises leave you soon.  I prefer baths as well, but we now have bars to hold on to in both the bath and the shower.  That makes me feel better.  Of course, we got them for DH, but I have no problem with using them when needed.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, snicks, Essie, Susan, Marijane, meallen, Charlene, Rosa, Barbara, Karen, Gayle, pinky ann, LindaR, and all of our posters and readers.

This is day one of my colonoscopy preparation, and I'm already upset since they told me no solid food for today or tomorrow.  I have a lot of trouble when I miss a meal, so missing two days of meals will be a killer.  The hospital pre-registered me over the phone, and the volunteer driver has called.  He is picking me up at 5:45, which should allow plenty of time to get to the hospital.

I was concerned because I had not heard from the painter, so I called him this morning.  He will bring paint samples on Wednesday.  I need to get approval from the HOA for the color.

Although I exercised and accomplished quite a bit yesterday plus visited DH, I had a lot of trouble sleeping last night.  According to my Fitbit -- 5 hours and 5 minutes with many interruptions.  I took a walk this morning, and came home to take a nap.  So now, I'm full of energy.

I debated about the TSV boots, and by the time I could order the color I wanted was on waitlist.  So, I ordered them on waitlist, and I figure if they come or not, it is what I should do.  I am sure that sounds crazy, but....

After I have my coffee, etc., I'll go to visit DH.  

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Falling is scary and I'm glad to hear there are only bruises and some soreness to mend.  Do you use any type of a non-slip mat

in your shower?  The bottom of my shower has a non-slip surface, and I find that helps, although I try to be careful.  

Respected Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

Falling is scary and I'm glad to hear there are only bruises and some soreness to mend.  Do you use any type of a non-slip mat

in your shower?  The bottom of my shower has a non-slip surface, and I find that helps, although I try to be careful.  

Forgot to mention, I took a spill down some stairs a while ago and either sprained or broke 3 toes.  That one hurt, and I couldn't get a shoe on for over a week, and hobbled around for 2-3 weeks.  He##, I even trip going up the stairs😕

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Okay, here's what happened.....

I am a bath person.  I usually take a bath and don't shampoo my hair until the end of the bath experience.  I then kick the shower on and rinse off.

I bathed well yesterday morning but an aggressive treadmill session made me sweat a little so I decided to go against the grain and take a shower.

I had the shower going, squirted shampoo into my hands and didn't pay attention to the blob that fell on the floor of the tub.  I do have grippy things but will be adding more.

I slipped and fell backward (have a shower curtain) and the toilet broke my fall.  Really glad I didn't break the toilet.  I did break the darn toilet set (where it connects to the porcelain on one side).

I got up, stunned and shut off the water.  I looked at the toilet seat and said sonufapup!.  I could move all my limbs so I got into the tub, filled it up and did a quick bath then rinse off.

Once I dried off, I checked on my birds because I needed to make sure the crash didn't startle them.  Gotta love my birds - out like a light, guess they know Ma can be a klutz sometimes.

I have one bruise, mid back, just left of the spine (thank you God).  I think there is another one lower (not on the spine either) but that one doesn't hurt that bad.

I pray to God these bruises fade before my colonoscopy the day after Labor Day.  I don't want to look like I was in a car accident.

Super Contributor

You need a Bath Mat not grippie things!

Respected Contributor

Yikes Bernie, take care. I fell in a shower at my sons house last fall . Now I travel with my own bath mat, .our shower has a no slip ceramic tile floor.,

i think ink we are set for the garage sale... Will be glad when it is over and done.

this is a lazy day..Did a bit of grocery shopping but have nothing pressing to do.

linda..hope the prep goes well.

greetings to all ((((hugs)))

Honored Contributor

Yea, once I measure the Kohler toilet, I'll head over to Home Depot to buy a replacement toilet seat.  If they have a bath mat around there, I may pick one up until I get the new grippies down.

First time in my life that ever happened to me.  I assure you, there will not be a second time, lol.

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Okay, here's what happened.....

I am a bath person.  I usually take a bath and don't shampoo my hair until the end of the bath experience.  I then kick the shower on and rinse off.

I bathed well yesterday morning but an aggressive treadmill session made me sweat a little so I decided to go against the grain and take a shower.

I had the shower going, squirted shampoo into my hands and didn't pay attention to the blob that fell on the floor of the tub.  I do have grippy things but will be adding more.

I slipped and fell backward (have a shower curtain) and the toilet broke my fall.  Really glad I didn't break the toilet.  I did break the darn toilet set (where it connects to the porcelain on onde side).

I got up, stunned and shut off the water.  I looked at the toilet seat and said sonufapup!.  I could move all my limbs so I got into the tub, filled it up and did a quick bath then rinse off.

Once I dried off, I checked on my birds because I needed to make sure the crash didn't startle them.  Gotta love my birds - out like a light, guess they know Ma can be a klutz sometimes.

I have one bruise, mid back, just left of the spine (thank you God).  I think there is another one lower (not on the spine either) but that one doesn't hurt that bad.

I pray to God these bruises fade before my colonoscopy the day after Labor Day.  I don't want to look like I was in a car accident.

Oh wow, you fell out of the tub which could have been a lot worse.

That shower curtain helped break your fall onto the toilet and the toilet stopped you from falling further into the floor.  Still a scary thing to happen but it could have been worse for sure. Be on guard getting in/out of the tub.