Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Monday, August 27th

[ Edited ]

Hello all - it's hot and humid (swampy) in my neck of the woods. 

I ordered a metal 4 shelf unit from Home Depot and picked it up before heading over to Meijer's to grab some groceries.

That was enough outside for me.

For my birthday I ordered the complete series on DVD of Columbo.  I love Columbo and was stunned that Amazon delivered in 24 hours.  I don't have Prime. 

I do have Amex and took advantage of 3x member reward points on purchases from Amazon so maybe that had something to do with it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Monday, August 27th

Good Morning/Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Sorry your weather is not nice.  I'm not a fan of swampy weather.  That is fast for you Amazon order.  I'm a big fan of Columbo myself, and they seem to have some episodes on one of the channels over the weekends.  But, it would be a lot better without all the commercials.

It is warm/hot and sunny here, and it has already been a busy day.  As is my habit of late, I tend to wake up very early with all sorts of pressing issues.  Today it was one of DH's bank accounts.  Since the bank is on the East Coast, I could call them very early our time.  I think I understand what they want, but I'll need the lawyer's help to get it from the court.  I will be seeing her on Thursday, so I will compile a list of questions/needs before I go.

My walk went okay, but I had a very odd experience -- a young man passed by me (I smiled and said hello, but he looked away.)  Then I saw he was carrying a bottle of vodka in his hand.  This was a little after 7:00 a.m.  I couldn't figure out what to do, and kept walking.  Later, I stopped by the sheriff's department, and they assured me that I did the right thing.  Hope he will be okay.

I had my strong bones class, and the financial guy called just before it started to tell me that the broker could handle part of the estate (very long story, but I thought I needed him).  Anyway, he provided his services at no cost, and I am working with the broker (who I called later) to get things done.  I'm sure my frugal husband would be pleased that I avoided the expense.  

Yesterday in church they said that DH's hospice was having a grief group meeting today, and I plan to attend.  But, I will only be able to stay for a little while since I have a phone appointment this afternoon.

I found the cause of the traffic back-up on my way to the broker last Thursday was a fatal accident.  A driver going south went over the median and hit a driver going north head-on.  Both ended up in the hospital, but the wrong-way driver died.  Then, there was a second accident a little way up the highway, and both of those drivers ended up in the hospital.  The road was closed for about an hour, so I guess I was lucky not to have started out earlier.  The wrong way driver was 82, and they said he was not impaired, so I'm wondering if he had a medical emergency.  Very sad.

DH's DD said her remembrance gathering for her Dad on Saturday went very well.

No TSV for me, and so far I am still concentrated on household stuff, particularly a new screen door.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Good job on getting the shelving unit plus the Columbo collection. I also have that DVD collection but haven't watched it for several months.

Linda--I am glad the memorial of DH went well. It is difficult to conduct business when several time zones are involved. I always liked it in Hawaii when the Q's  TSV for the new day would kick off at 6pm which made for early viewing.

I worked today and will do so the next two days. I received the earrings and the Denim & Co. top that was on backorder. The earrings are very nice but I haven't checked out the D&C top as I'm tired. It was good to be met by my black cat Midnight who is boss of the house but misses me when I am gone.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

@LindaLatte--Linda, I think you have on waitlist the top I received today. It is a winner. The fit is perfect, including the sleeve length. Often long sleeves are too long on me but no problems with this one.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, Jean.  They still only have it in the color I don't care for, but now I will know to keep trying.