Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Monday, April 15th)

Good morning/afternoon everyone.  The weather started out gloomy and now the sun is shining Woman Happy  I took care of 3 errands today.  I mailed an Easter and two birthday cards to my sister.  Her birthday falls on Wednesday this week and like me, she likes to display cards so I figured I send the card and then scramble later (lol) to find a gift card tin/holder for the gift card she will be receiving from my birds and the cash she will be receiving from me.

I hit the bank drive through to get some cash (I like nice looking money) and then did the grocery shopping.  I have everything that I need/will be taking to the Easter dinner at my eldest niece's on Sunday.

I caught some footage of Notre Dame cathedral burning and that breaks my heart.  I tend to susbscribe that my creator is around me, especially in nature, and that I don't need to be in a physical structure to connect with Him.  That said, I grew up attending what are now historic Catholic churches that were very big and ornate.  

Still not feeling the shopping bug so I guess that's good Smiley Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Monday, April 15th)

Hi ladies, don't forget,

https://www.askideas.com/media/87/April-15-Tax-Day-Wishes-Picture.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Bernie - Thank you for starting us today.  I am watching the tv and they are reporting on Notre Dame Cathedral.  I was there many years ago, it is a beautiful piece of history.  I love to go thru old churches, the new ones look like concert halls.  I feel bad for the surrounding structures, they are very old and I hope they do not catch fire also.  I feel a feeling they are just controling the fire now, not trying to save the structure.

We have quite a change of weather today, we have had a beautiful couple days and then it ended yesterday late afternoon.  We were lucky and had no tornadoes, but we did get over an inch of rain last night. I think the rest of the week is supposed to be nice.  I guess it is still spring and we can get the cold weather.  

Not much else to write, I have one more bathroom to clean and I am done.  I know, how exciting is my life. 

Hope you all have a great evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Oops, I guess you posted while I was still composing my long-winded post, Bernie.  Cute story about your sister's birthday, etc.  I like getting nice looking money myself -- seems in very short supply here in Arizona.  It is terrible about Notre Dame.  Like Susan, I have been there once, and really enjoy going to old churches.  (My undergraduate degree was in history, so I guess that is to be expected.) 

Sorry you got so much rain, Susan, but glad no tornadoes.  Friends of ours from Turkey are visiting their daughter in Chicago and posted pictures of the snow.  She liked the snow, but said the natives were very tired of it.

Cute graphic meallen.

--------------

My post -- 

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Sunny here with highs in the 80's expected.  Like Charelene'e area , it is weed season here for sure.  I try to pick up a few weeds every time I go out the door.  

I'm back from "strong bones" class.  Nothing else planned for the day -- hope to get some cleaning, cooking, and reading done.  

As Jean mentioned, I was debating whether to donate a spring jacket (Linea) that I have had for years since I don't wear it often.  But, I really like the jacket and it fits well.  So, I decided to keep it.    I was quite surprised to get so many comments about the jacket and my wardrobe as a result of my FB post.  Actually made me feel good that so many people liked my wardrobe, etc.  While I still have way too many clothes, I still spend a lot of time thinking about them.  I did manage to find a couple of tops that could go, just not the jacket.

Sort of funny story, I don't wear skirts or dresses often here -- very casual area.  And, when I do, I usually wear sandals or boots.  Yesterday, I decided to wear some black pumps that I have kept from when I was working (retired 12 years ago).  Anyway, I thought that my stockings were messed up or something, but discovered the inside of the shoes had rotted -- Little pieces of leather where falling out and getting inside the shoe.  While the outside looked nice, these shoes are toast.  The minute I returned from church, they were trashed.  I have ordered a new pair of black pumps from Amazon -- hopefully they will work.  Not leather, but maybe synthetic is better here.  Yikes!

DD said she did not have any pain from her 5K, and may go on another one in the future.  Apparently, she is running almost every morning.  DGD participated by walking.

I hope another trip to Australia works out for you, Jean.  I know you are quite right about wanting to travel before you are unable to do so.  I regret that DH and I didn't travel more before his illness.  We still did a lot of traveling, but one year didn't go anywhere aside from Maryland and Arizona.  Oh well.....

My SIL is having her interview for her old job on Friday.  She will also get the keys to the house and talk to the owner about how long she can stay there.  Her hope is to move back on May 1st.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope your weather is okay, and everyone has a nice "tax day".

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Oh...that's heartbreaking about Notre Dame...I have been there too.  I'm praying that everyone is safe and that Paris will rebuild.

I spent some time weeding this morning, and then I sorted through and organized books in my storage shed.  An activity I rather enjoy, to be honest.  Sorting books, not the weeding, lol.  I have 2 more bags of books I will take to the used book store for credit.  It's also a good thing I went through the books because I found 2 books I didn't know I had, and was thinking about purchasing.  Geesh.

Hope you all have a good day and shop wisely!  ~  Charlene

Respected Contributor

I am heartbroken about Notre Dame. I was fortunate to visit several times. I attended mass and a couple of organ concerts..hearing Bach played was magnificent. 

so so very sad...

Esteemed Contributor

Good evening, everyone! I worked today so it was a little difficult getting back into the routine but it was good to get back. I heard about the fire at Notre Dame while at school. This is so sad as we are losing one of the great treasures of the world.

The weather has turned cold and we have freeze warnings out for the night. I was only to happy to make my way to the car after work as the wind and dropping temperature made it very uncomfortable as I didn't wear a jacket as it was acceptable when I went to work. The heat has been turned back on and it feels great.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Linda - I had that happen to me once.  I was at the funeral home and my feet felt funny.  I thought my hose went down into my shoes, so I tried to take my shoe off to fix it.  I was very surprised to see my hose stuck to the insole of my shoe.  It was the strangest feeling all evening.  I could not wait to get home and throw everything out.  

Hope everyone had a great day.