Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Mon., May 20th)

Good Morning/Afternoon all,

My JCP order from last week is in state and should be handed off to the post office today.  Since the grass is too wet from yesterday's rain, I decided to be productive and call my arborist for an estimate on the silver maple in the front yard. 

I've worked with this man for over 15 years and really don't need an estimate, I'm not letting anybody else touch the trees on my property Woman Very Happy.  It's time for an overall grooming/pruning of the silver maple and I have two lower hanging limbs on the mulberry in the back yard that I want sawed off.  I could probably use my pole saw to do it, but why if I have a crew here already?

I'm not tempted one bit by the handbag TSV today.

@cerb  I have a question and there's a part of me that's almost afraid to ask.  We haven't talked much about Cleo's baby goats and I wondered how they are doing?  Did you name them?  How is Masha handling fatherhood or does he even care?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Mon., May 20th)

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. I don't blame you for using a service to take care of the overgrown trees and limbs. I'm sure you will enjoy your JCP order as you always have great success with them.

I'm taking Midnight to the vet to see if there could be another reason for his issue. Of course, he doesn't know this yet. He awakened me 3 times last night but there didn't appear to be any reason. Today, he isn't eating.

I'm wearing Denim & Co. capris with a beautiful top I got at Costco. It is a Calvin Klein that I got for $15. I got it in two colors but wish I had picked up another color. I was uncertain of the size as I didn't try it on but it is a perfect fit. It was one of those times I was in a hurry so I just held it up against me and judged whether or not it would fit. This is one time my judgement worked correctly.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat  I'm praying to St Francis for Midnight Heart

Honored Contributor

Oh yea, I also did the grocery shopping this morning, lol.  Still not as much energy as Twinny or Linda Woman Tongue

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  I'm all for hiring people I can trust to handle important yard jobs.  Glad you got your grocery shopping done, and I'm sure you will like what you ordered from JCP.

Hope Midnight is okay, Jean.  I have had great luck with a couple of tops I purchased at COSTCO for a very reasonable price.  It is always fun to see what is new there.  I have been known to try clothes on over my clothes since sometimes it is difficult to judge by looking.

DD and I went to oldest DGS' store this morning -- Sierra Trading Post.  I didn't realize that it is a discount store -- pleasant surprise.  DD and I saw him right when we walked in, and he introduced us to a lady who may be the general manager or another manager (he is operations manager).  I tried on several pairs of "exercise" pants  and found a pair that fit very well.  Very happy that I found them, and they are not too long.  Supposed to be "crops", but more like ankle pants on me.

DD did some shopping at Wal Mart and found some clothes for my SIL (shorts and T-shirts) and organizers for his new dresser. She also found an exercise top and capris for her.  Then we had lunch at Bob Evan's. -- a bit disappointing since my favorite salad didn't seem as nice as in the past.  

I'm back at the hotel while DD takes DGD to the doctor.  She will pick me up after the visit, and I'll be having dinner at their house.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Hello everyone - Bernie, thanks for getting us started today.  Hope your tree trimming goes well and isn't too expensive.  Thanks for asking about the baby goats.  They're doing great but don't have names yet.  Jean, I'm sure that Midnight will enjoy the trip to the vet, lol.  Hoping it goes smoothly and the vet can figure out what's wrong.  Linda - It sounds as if your trip is going nicely for you and the family.  So glad to hear it, and I hope it continues to be fun and special for you.

My final count of clothing to donate is 87 pieces.  Yikes.  That's a lot.  I put the the first bag in the hallway and by the time I went back to add a 2nd bag, my cat Finnegan had attacked the first bag and chewed holes in it.  ERGHHH!!!  I don't know why Finnie is so obsessed with plastic bags, but he always attacks them.  Anyway, I had to re-bag that first one.  I now have 4 bags in the trunk of my car where the cat can't get them.  Most of the tubs are nicely labeled and stored away, and a few of them are even empty.  I do have a small pile of clothes that need to be altered (most need the sleeves hemmed), which will be a nice mild chore to do over the next couple of weeks.

It's a nice feeling to have accomplished that chore.  It's also a great reminder why shopping too much can be a bad thing.  Part of the reason I have a lot of clothes is that my weight varies, but part of it is that I haven't been selective enough in the past.  There were many items that I shouldn't have ordered in the first place, or I should have returned when I realized that the fit/color/etc. wasn't good.  Happy to say that I've been better about clothing the past couple of years, so I'm on the right track.  At the moment I would say that 1/3 of my clothes are a bit big, 1/3 of my clothes fit just right, and 1/3 of my clothes are a tad small.  I'm not getting rid of the ones that are a bit big or small, as long as I really like them.

I wish I had a bigger closet, lol.  Hope you all have a great day!  ~ Charlene

Honored Contributor

So glad to read the baby goats are doing well Charlene @cerb   You can never take anything for granted with newborns.  I've held my breath in the past with my 3 hatchlings (Peewee, Poppi and Presto) because they may look healthy but you don't know until they get stronger.  That's why part of me wanted to know and part of me was scared to ask, lol.

I'm convinced it just takes life experience to edit our clothing down to what we need and what can do double duty.

Donating 87 articles of clothing will be quite a blessing to many women. Heart

Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte   I'm so glad that you are having a nice time and able to visit with the family.  It could be the particular Bob Evans that messed up your salad.  Honestly, I have a particular Little Caesar's, a particular Cloverleaf (pizza place), maybe 2 Burger Kings and that's it.  I can't believe how much a specific franchise owner can make or break a restaurant chain.