Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Mon., March 4th)

Hello my shopping friends,

I had a nice time at my great niece's birthday celebration yesterday.  It strikes me odd though that cake is served and there is never any ice cream with it.  My Ma had cake and ice cream for me and my sisters and my eldest sister had cake and ice cream for her 2 kids so I don't know where the breakdown occurred. Woman Surprised

The party started at 1pm and it was nice to be home before darkness fell.

I see snow flurries outside of my window.  Since it's almost been a year since I retired (end of month) I decided to do the 3rd post retirement assessment of my closet and dressers.  I'm up to 20 items to dispose/donate.

Right now I'm having lunch - Progresso Garden Vegetable soup.  I like it.

How are you today?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Mon., March 4th)

@Bird mama 

Hi!

So glad to hear that the party yesterday was fun and that you made it home without incident!

Stay warm and dry if you have lots of snow!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Ladies,  Bernie, nice youhad a good time at the party yesterday even minus the ice cream and you got home before dark

LTT hope you are warm and dry too and having a nice day.

We had about  9 inches of snow dumped on us overnight,but it's nice and sunny but cold today......all this week it's supposed to drop into the teens at night so a lot of ice will be around.  clocks go ahead this weekend so we are getting closer to spring!

That's about it...have a nice day....Marijane

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Glad you had a good time at the birthday party and that you made it home safely.  I've always been used to birthday cakes without ice cream.

Marijane--We got snow also with school being delayed. Yesterday, I cancelled my job for today as I had no desire to venture out. I'm tired of Winter despite it being milder than usual.

I spent some time discovering some items to find a new home, so that is my big news for the day. I think the weather report said the low would be around 11 degrees. I'm not overly motivated by Winter.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Jean sorry you had to cancel today, our schools were cancelled early last night even before a flake fell..NYC schools were cancelled too and that never happens.  I don't think they received that much though.

Trusted Contributor

Bernie....I used to get ice cream cakes when my kids were little....now if they happe n to be up here around the time of their b'day I have a cake and ice cream.

Trusted Contributor

Cake AND ice cream!!!   Always!  

Cant believe you have been retired almost one year.  How time flies.

Hope you see spring soon.  Go away snow!

Esteemed Contributor

Oh my! I just saw the video of the snow avalance in Colorado that came down on an interstate.

All this talking about cake and ice cream is making me yearn for something sweet. 

I work tomorrow but temps are expected to be around 11 degrees about time I would be getting ready to go to work. Time will tell I don't feel well and this yucky weather doesn't help.

I see the wedge sandals that were a OTO which I ordered yesterday are supposedly on their way.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

I kind of ran out of gas after lunch.  Today's purge total (discard or donate):  24 pieces of clothing; 1 set (necklace/earring) of Linea fashion jewelry.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Glad you enjoyed the party.  I am not an ice cream lover, so I don't usually have it for my birthday.  Since my birthday is in December, I never enjoyed eating cold food like ice cream.  But, DH loved ice cream, and I think I served it to him almost every night.  He wasn't as interested in cake.  I used to like those ice cream cakes, Marijane.  Yum!  I think it was Howard Johnson's that had ice cream cake plus warm fudge syrup that was such a treat.  

I heard Leah say that she likes both cake and ice cream -- today is her birthday.

Doesn't seem possible that you have been retired for almost a year, Bernie.  Good job on your de-cluttering.  Stay warm.

Sorry your weather isn't good, Jean.  As you know, I am so not a fan of winter.  Thankfully, we are back to normal or even slightly above normal temperatures here.  So nice.  I think it is supposed to be cooler on the weekend, but highs still in the 60's.  DD said that they had snow, sleet, ice, etc., but everyone was able to get out to work and or to do errands.  Hope you are able to work tomorrow, but I can understand if you don't want to venture out in the cold.

That is quite a bit of snow, Marijane.  I hope you keep warm and don't have any problems with the weather.

Waves to Dawniee, LTT, and all of our posters and readers.

I led the "strong bones" class today (regular leader did not show).  And, then I went to a health fair that one of the ladies had mentioned.  Picked up lots of information, and talked to several exhibitors who I know.  The hospice volunteer coordinator was there, and she said that the caregiver I visited had turned down another volunteer the other day.  So, he may or may not want me to visit again.  

After the health fair, I went to the bank and did a little grocery shopping.  Later, I took a nice walk.

Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda