Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Mon., March 11th)

[ Edited ]

I corrected the thread title name.  I didn't catch that it auto populated an older thread title.  I apologize for confusing anyone.

Hello and Happy Monday Woman Happy

Last night before I went to bed I lost a scr3w in the left arm of my up close/computer glasses.  This was after the toilet handle broke in the upstairs bathroom Woman Very Happy  Some days.

I knew I couldn't do anything for the toilet until home depot opened this morning so I spent an hour trying to fix the glasses.  I was not successful.

I visited the optometrist's office today and the young lady in the lab replaced the scr3w in record time.  I stopped in the local home depot, bought a replacement Kohler handle assembly and fixed the toilet when I returned home.

That's my excitement, how are you?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, FEB 19)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  You have had a busy morning.  Glad getting your glasses repaired.  That has happened to me several times, and I was so happy that it could be repaired quickly.  You are definitely out of my league with the toilet repair -- way to go Handy Amy (female version of Handy Andy.)  

I had borrowed a DVD of "The Wife" (movie) from the library, and I ended up watching the whole movie at one shot -- not usual for me.  But, I was doing other things most of the time -- ironing, walking in place.  

Sorry, phone ringing, I'll be back.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Mon., March 11th)

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Bernie - Thank you for starting us today.  Sounds like you had a very productive morning.  Isn't it true  - When it rains it pours for things going wrong.

Linda - Glad you enjoyed the movie, and got other things done while watching it.  I can do that sometimes, but if it is a more complicated plot -  I have to give the movie my full attention.

Not much happening around here today, I have to do a little cleaning to do and then I may go take a walk.  Not sure what else I feel like doing.  

Hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry, I decided to take a walk after my phone call (DD calling about her deck repair which I agreed to pay for).  It was lovely on my walk -- warm and sunny, but we are expecting several cooler than normal days, plus rain.  

I lead the strong bones class this morning (the regular leader was late, and was happy to let me do the whole session), and I have grief group and bookclub later.  My friend Jo Ann who lost her husband last month said she will be at both, and she agreed to have a cup of coffee or other treat at a local bakery with me between the two meetings.

Our book this month is "Educated" -- really something.

Hi Susan, I need to concentrate on many movies as well.  Really can't do much else when there are subtitles.  But, the story was very engaging and in American English this time.  LOL  -- I use subtitles for many British English shows.

No TSV for me -- not my style.  Hope any who order it like it very much.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, good job at getting your glasses repaired so quickly.  I am not a Handy Amy either.  It's a good thing that you are handy inside and outside of your home.

Linda L, I almost always read a book while I am watching TV.  I rarely ever watch a movie because I can't sit long enough.  My DH loves to watch some of the old Western's from a long time ago.

Susan. I cleaned the house real good last week, but I will be doing some serious spring cleaning before the hot weather gets here.  Once it's in the 70's- 80's I can't do much of anything except ride my moped & pray for Fall to get here.

I had a busy morning too.  I started to make my granola cereal only to realize that I didn't have any slivered almonds.  I woke up my DH so that he could put the oats into the oven while I went to the grocery store.  Good thing that it's close to our home.

Then I fixed pancakes and sausages for breakfast & washed the dishes.  Then I ordered one of my 3 month mail order meds.  By then, It was time to watch TPIR.

At 11:00 I went to pay the attorney & had the legal papers scanned.  On Friday they will get put into the lock box.

Lunch was chili that I found in the freezer.    It was nice in the hot tub today.  We didn't go in yesterday because it was rainy and I took a three hour nap.  When I got up, It was a beautiful sunny day.  

It's a beautiful sunny day today too, but we are supposed to have 3 days of rain starting on Wednesday.  Yuck.

Hugs to all of you.

Trusted Contributor

Linda - I always use sub-titles for any British show.  It just makes watching the show more enjoyable.

Honored Contributor

I almost wish the early episodes of the Avengers had subtitles, lol. 

I usually start my day watching reruns of that TV show and wow, first thing in the morning, when the black and white episodes featuring Honor Blackman and Patrick Macnee are on, I can't listen to it on a low volume or while laying on one side.

Woman Very Happy

They talk so fast, especially Honor Blackman, that I have to sit up straight, use both ears and turn up the volume.

Image result for honor blackman and patrick macnee

The production value improved as the series went along and Diana Rigg joined the cast.

Image result for diana rigg and patrick macnee

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. You certainly a a talented DIY woman.

I went to the city today as I had two doctor appointments, both of which went well. I also exchanged some money for Australian currency as I wanted a small amount ready to go the minute I deplaned. I bought a few things at WalMart and eyeballed their new clothing for Spring, etc. I have to say that it looked comparable to many styles seen on the Q.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

@Bird mama - oh my goodness, I love The Avengers!

Well, my trip to the dentist was NOT fun this morning.  It's been years since there was a wait there.  This morning I had to wait an hour.  Then I was told I still had an infection, have to go back on oral antibiotics, and have to come back in 2 weeks to complete the last part of the root canal.  So, mine is going to be a "3-parter" that stretches out over 2 months.  So not happy.  

I felt sorry for myself when I got home and didn't do much.  And that was my grumpy day.  Hope you all had a better one!!!  ~ Charlene

Honored Contributor

I was afraid of that Charlene @cerb 

The first time I went to an endodontist for a root canal, it went south, infected and I was on antiobiotics for 30 days.  Actually a regular ole dentist is the one who fixed me up after that experience. 

Never had a bad root canal after that.  

I go on Thursday to begin the process of replacing a 21 year old fixed bridge.