Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Mon., June 14th)

Hello all, we are having a glorious day here in my part of Michigan.  I awoke to see the patio and driveway damp.  It was cooler and breezy and I flung open the windows and have been enjoying fresh air all day.  Not for nothing, we also had a good rain this morning.  I need a hobby....clearly...this hot weather has been getting next to me Woman Very Happy  

The Q is running a special on some of the Steel by Design jewelry.  I have this in my cart right now.  I like that it starts small before you add the extender.  So often the bracelets start bigger than what I need before you factor in the extender and shortening a steel bracelet, while doable, ain's easy.

Hey it's cheaper than the Lug purse I considered over the weekend.

product thumbnail

https://www.qvc.com/Steel-by-Design-Open-Circle-Crystal-AdjustableBracelet.product.J483632.html?sc=C...

How are you today?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Mon., June 14th)

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Glad your weather is so nice.  We continue to have very hot and dry weather (high of 110 degrees predicted for today), and the "excessive heat warning" has been extended until Saturday evening.  I decided to get out even earlier for my walks.  

That is an interesting bracelet.  Like you, I have a small wrist, and I have not seen one that starts small with an extender.  Good idea.

My morning started with lab work in advance of my annual physical on the 25th.  Not a smooth and easy visit starting with them asking some strange questions considering that I have been a patient there for at least six years since they have a new computer system.  Then, the technician had all sorts of trouble drawing blood out of my left arm, and ended up switching to my right arm.  They rarely have any trouble finding a vein, so I was surprised.  Anyway, I am glad that is over.

I have an OLLI class this afternoon, and I did an exercise DVD and cooked a little earlier today.  My big temptation is another pair of running shoes (which I use for walking and the gym).  I have an extra pair, but like to have more since I do so much walking, etc.

Not sure if I mentioned it, but they are ending the free "Sparkpeople" site that I have been using for nearly 13 years.  After the first four months of tracking my food intake, I was able to get to a weight that was fine, but keep up tracking my exercise.  They also had lots of recipes and information about diet and exercise.  The new version will require paid membership, etc., and I am not interested.  But, I will sure miss it since I have been reading e-mails, etc. every day for all this time.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Not sure if anyone saw my question, but if any of you have recently purchased a steam mop for tile floor cleaning, I would be interested in your reviews.

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte   I'd never heard of SparkPeople before you mentioned it.  Sounds like it was a great place to come together.  I see they are expanding into something called SparkAmerica (?).  They suggest it will be alot like SparkPeople and I couldn't help but think 'then why are you changing it'? Woman Indifferent

They've had a great run for 20 years and I hope the new expansion works out for them.  

Esteemed Contributor

I think Jean was the one who turned me on to Sparkpeople years ago when I first joined this thread.   

Not sure if it was mentioned in what you read, but they mentioned in their letter to members that they were not getting enough advertisers to keep the "old" site active.  Anyway, I am sad to see it go since I am not willing to subscribe and pay for the new company.  Oh well....  From what I have read, it seems like many others are in the same boat.

Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte   I missed the part where they mentioned a fee.  This could bite them in the rear end.