Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Mon, Dec 19th

Good afternoon (nearly evening).  It's been a busy day at work and I've managed to catch up on emails, etc.

Very cold here, even if we don't get another flake, we should still have a white Christmas.

Other than that - I got nuthin'  LOL.

How are you today?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Mon, Dec 19th

Are we almost done?

http://www.lovethispic.com/image/149169/christmas-is-coming

Esteemed Contributor

Just posted, and found Bernie had posted before me.  Hope you enjoy your white Christmas, Bernie.

------------------

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Hope everyone is staying safe and keeping warm.  Fortunately, it is warmer here today, although it was pretty cool this morning (40's).  I didn't have time for a walk because I head an early podiatrist appointment.  Nothing serious, but he did "shave off" part of a callous and suggest wearing a pad on my right foot.  I could have surgery on the bone which has enlarged due to age/use and causing the problem.  But, he said that I could just try the pad instead.  I am not a big fan of surgery, so....

After that appointment, I took a walk and visited DH.  He was pretty sleepy and not very energetic, so we walked a while, I fed him lunch, and left.  My dermatologist appointment was moved to 2:00, and that was pretty similar.  He thinks that I have a cyst on the back of my neck, and he could cut it out and stitch it up, but I could just wait to see if it becomes a problem or grows a lot.  Two for two.

After that appointment, I took another walk (not as long), and I'll go back to feed DH dinner.

I think lots of people are out shopping today since the streets were busy.  I did buy a few groceries since DH was almost out of ice cream, and I needed milk and eggs, etc.  Trying to reduce my grocery shopping, but it sure doesn't come easy to me.  Silly, since I almost always eat alone.

Have a nice evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bernie--and Linda! Thank you for starting the thread.

meallen--Another great graphic. Christmas is coming and I am more than ready.

I worked today and just got  home. I had to make a run to the drugstore as I discovered this morning that I needed an essential drug refilled. I've been on the go so much that I faied to realize how close I was to running out. I called the doctor's office before I went to work and left a message that I neeed a new prescription. 

We are supposed to have extreme low temps tonight, but then by Christmas we are to have above normal temperatures so there will not be a white Christmas but that is fine with me.

I came home to packages as UPS delivered my Amazon Subscribe and Save plus a gadget that I plan to use in home application of physical therapy exercises.

Have a good evening, everyone!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

IMG_2709.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Butterfly--A great graphic with words that relect the meaning of Christmas that we can take with us through each day of the new  year. It isn't the sparkles, the number of gifts or the price of the gifts, it is the love that hopefully accompanies the gift, etc.that really counts. You can't buy love but many people seem to believe that the price of a gift in someway reflects the amount of love. That is like comparig apples and oranges. Both are good but not the same.

I saw this quote on Facebook: "Christmas should be a celebration of joy and friendship because friendship is the biggest gift a person can give you."

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Hello friends! I've been under the weather - had a cold since Thanksgiving weekend that I thought was gone but it turned into a sinus infection.  I just found a walk in clinic/doctor and got an antib so will be on the mend - hopefully.

Wrapped the little stocking stuffers and sent them off to girls so that's it for gifts.  I did order a couple tees for each of us, and am about to buy some nice socks. Our clothing needs have not been very drastic but warmer socks are a necessity! 

I printed my holiday letter and will send off all my cards tomorrow.  I came down to the bar to get online and sign a document for the realtors and now I'm heading back to the house. Lots of complainers in here, cussing up a storm.  

Spoiler
Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

Hope you feel better soon, Kathleen.

Honored Contributor

@KonaKat wrote:

Butterfly--A great graphic with words that relect the meaning of Christmas that we can take with us through each day of the new  year. It isn't the sparkles, the number of gifts or the price of the gifts, it is the love that hopefully accompanies the gift, etc.that really counts. You can't buy love but many people seem to believe that the price of a gift in someway reflects the amount of love. That is like comparig apples and oranges. Both are good but not the same.

I saw this quote on Facebook: "Christmas should be a celebration of joy and friendship because friendship is the biggest gift a person can give you."

@KonaKat

I agree.