Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - March 12th, Monday

Hello all, it's a little overcast here today and on the cold side. 

I don't have anything exciting to talk about, just wanted to say hi and start the thread.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - March 12th, Monday

Hi, Mamabird,

Cold here too- have anything dramatic planned for your retirement..and who's gonna watch the birds?

Esteemed Contributor

Good  Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Our weather is very nice.  It may reach 80 degrees, and it was 50 plus when I got up.

Today is my DD's birthday, which makes it a good day for me.  I sent her a QVC gift card in addition to other things, but the gift card email failed to reach her.  I contacted customer service, and they sucessfully sent her a text.  Thank goodness. 

Only  one other lady showed up for Strong Bones class, but we did okay.

DH is sleepy again, but I will wake him up for lunch. I have a bookclub meeting this afternoon.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

hello Ladies, nothing exciting happening today either Bernie.....I spent the morning filling  3 big green garbage bags from my fridge/ freezer in kitchen and basement fromour power outage of three days.....now we are in for another nor'easter tonight into tomorrow.....hopefully this will not have too heavy snows to bring down trees/wires.     Happy B'day to your DD Linda....      not much else.....Marijane.

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. Have you started making your Retirement Bucket List of things to do in the new lifestyle?

Linda--Happy Birthday to DD. I'm glad the Q was able to get the birthday present resent. I do hope you have a good visit with DH.

Marijane--I am sorry that the power outage ruined so much food, but the weather can bring expensive consequence. I do hope the coming storm doesn't create problems.

I'm home from work. The evening drive was pleasant compared to the morning. We had a bad snow to hit during time to go to work. Everyone was creeping and staying far behind the vehicle in front in case of a sudden stop or sliding resultig from it. With our narrow and crooked roads, slick conditions can really create navigating problems.  I took me 20 minutes to go 8 miles. It warmed up during the afternoon so the snow melted and disappeared.

I think most of us live fairly routine lives with little unusual activies to report. Obviously, I have the trip coming up but other than that it is routine

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@Justice4all  Nothing dramatic planned for my retirement Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama

Retirement itself is dramatic!  I love it 

Keep in mind that the Hillary Steps on Mt Everest have partially collapsed!

Respected Contributor

@Justice4allwrote:

@Bird mama

Retirement itself is dramatic!  I love it 

Keep in mind that the Hillary Steps on Mt Everest have partially collapsed!

No QVC reception either!

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, we will be  the 40's until Wednesday & then 50's & mostly sunny.  I am loving it.

Justice 4all, welcome.

Linda L, happy birthday to your DD.  I hope that your DH is more wide awake today.

Susan, I became very sick 4 weeks ago.  I don't know if it was what I ate or the 24    stomach flu.  I passed out & hurt my neck, shoulders,  left side etc.  I saw my Dr.10 day's later & she recommended a medical massage & then PT.

I  had 2 sessions last week & need 12 more.  I am doing better & my Best Friends are my heating pad,  & the hot tub.

On Saturday, we saw our dgd play soccer.  She is a great goalie.  Then we all had a good lunch out.  Even her 2 big brothers were there.

Trusted Contributor

I'm checking in late in the day compared to the rest of you.  Marijane - sorry about the loss of so much food.  

Woke up this morning feeling like the worst of the cold is behind me.  DH said the same thing.  It was ideal spring weather so we went ahead and pruned back the first of several bougainvillea we have in the yard.  It's easiest as a 2 person job, armed with gauntlet style leather gloves and thick-soled shoes.  Those branches are whip-like and have 1 inch long thorns.  Ouch!

Then we went to our tax appt.  Our preparer happened to mention something in passing about sales tax on new cars.  We had never thought of that!  We owned our old car for 17 years, so it never came up, lol.  Adding in the sales tax we paid for our new car, we got to save another $200.  It all adds up, and we'll get a decent return.

Dropped some food off at our local community pantry and then realized we had overdone it, considering the colds.  We both ended up taking naps.  Leftovers for dinner.  Hope you all are doing well!  ~  Charlene