Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - June 11th (Monday)

[ Edited ]

Good Morning,

I'm watching a bit of the Denim & Co show that's on.  I remember when I first started shopping the Q in 2008 and couldn't wait for Denim & Co TSV days.  Even if I had to work that day, I'd periodically check items recently aired to see presentations of the new items Woman Happy  If I lucked out and a Denim & Co TSV was going to be shown on a Friday or Monday, I'd request a vacation day (ahead of time) Woman LOL and take a long weekend.

There are several pretty new things that tempt me this time around.  Lucky for me the prices are like having a bucket of cold water thrown on me so I don't hit the order key in 2018 like I did 10 years ago.

I think the TSV gauze blouse is pretty, especially in the new stone color.  I'm not tempted to order it however I did see a long sleeved paisley patterned blouse that I think I'd be able to get more mileage out of.

Denim & Co. Stretch Woven Button Front Printed Long- Sleeve Shirt - A307665 

I'm going to take a drive to the recycling center to rid myself of the contents of the 5 boxes that I sorted through yesterday.  Then I will cut the grass. 

We'll see if the blouse is still on my mind once I do all my chores.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - June 11th (Monday)

Good morning Bernie! I love the umbrella you found. This is cute too. I finally decided to retire my old leather wallet. I fell in love with a Kate Spade but not sure I want to spend so much, although my current one has been in use daily since 2008.

Jea, I thought of you last week on my trip to San Diego. I only took 2 big tote bags and they got awfully heavy on the way home. The carryon size reduced on Monday and lots of folks were not happy, and flight was delayed a bit as a result. I told Beloved that before I fly again, I will have a small wheeled carryon - cant remember the name of the one you loved so much. I only stayed 2 nights and the toiletry bag was the worst, big and bulky. I've been through a few of those too.

Just checking in to say hello. My trip was fun and fast, and DH's trip to Austin was the same. Funny, his trip was to renew license. They cut off expiration and gave him temp - causing him to get the super TSA scan including belongings dumped out on a table. Quite reassuring to know they are so thorough. 😁😁
Honored Contributor

Hey Kathleen @Rock_chick  Sounds like you had a nice trip.  Sorry that your DH had issues getting through security. 

Honored Contributor

I just read in the handbag forum that QVC owns LUG.  Hmmmm   

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  TSV's used to be.a much bigger deal for me as well.  Also Fashion Days.  I think the TSV is pretty cute, but I am able to resist this time.  The blouse you selected is cute.  That is interesting about LUG.  I do like their bags, as well as Kipling.  But, I have way too many.

Glad you and your DH had nice trips, Kathleen.  Your wallet is probably ready for replacement.  I guess if you keep the new one as long as this one, a higher cost might be worth it.  I had one ridiculously expensive Italian wallet (gift from my ex), and I had such a difficult time giving it up after many years.  Since then, I have mostly purchased fairly inexpensive wallets.  Sorry your DH had to go through so much security, but as you said, it is reassuring that they are careful.  Hope you find better bags for your next trip.

It is hot and dry here again, but we may get rain later this week, and it may be cooler.  I had a nice early morning walk and then strong bones class.  My bookclub is meeting at noon (usually late afternoon), so I don't have too much time to spend on household chores.  My bicycle won't be picked up for nearly two weeks, but that is okay.  I am gathering things to go with it like the hand air pump and locks.

One of my grandsons has transferred my computer data on to a new computer, and it is on the way to me.  I'll be happy to have a "regular" laptop on Friday or Saturday since I find them easier to work with than tablets.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Linda someone will love that bike!

Not surprised that qvc owns LUG. Bernie, are you and earth tones type? I'm not but DD is and I always think of her when I see those colors.

Linda R gave me a purple wallet and I can't find it for the life of me. It was a really nice one too.

Has anyone read a good book lately? I read "Thunder Dog" by Michael H.... and it was so good, then my second Cathy Lamb book "No Place I'd Rather Be" was really good too.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bird Mama. I can remember when I would set the ⏰⏰⏰ & get up in the middle of the night so that I didn't miss anything.  One time I tuned in at 11:15 CT  & the 

item was sold out & I never did find out what the TSV was.  I started shopping QVC in October of 2001.  David V. was the host and I bought a Christmas tree.  Just got rid of it 2 years ago.

RC, That Kate Spade wallet sounds like a winner after being used for so many years.  I am glad that you enjoyed your fun quick trip.  Whenever we fly, I put as !little into my carryon bag just in case it gets searched.  One time when we were coming back from Mexico, they dumped everybody's checked bags.  What a mess!

Linda L it was cloudy when I walked this morning & only 66° degrees.  It was great.  We are expecting a high of 75° today, but 80's & rain for the end of the week.  I am glad that you will be getting your bike picked up & recycled.  We have good luck at our house by putting a "FREE" sign on the item at the end of our driveway.  My bathroom sink and cabinet were gone in less than 4 hours.  We don't even know who got them.  We left town & when we got back they were gone.

I am still saddened by the airplane crash that happened yesterday at noon time right by our airports runway.  It was a Cessna & all 4 aboard were killed. A 13 year old girl, her 17 year old brother, their mom & grandma.  According to witnesses, the plane was on fire in mid air.  The driver was either the mom or grandma and they were coming to a family reunion in our hometown.  I feel sorry for the other family members.

I enjoyed my walk this morning.  It was cloudy, nice & cool.

My purchase today was a $99 renewable Trac Phone card.  For some reason this job terrorizes me.  I rarely use the phone except for when we are traveling.  Now we are good to go for 365 days.

Since it is nice & cool in the house, I have a roast in the oven.  

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, I wondered if QVC owned LUG. I wonder if they own Travel on too.  Our local clinic sells both of those brands & on Saturday's everything is 30% off.  The problem is that I never get there on a Saturday because my appointments are on weekdays.

Honored Contributor

Kathleen @Rock_chick  I love earth tones and then blues.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70  I'm one step ahead of you - I already checked on Travelon Woman LOL  It doesn't look like they own Travelon.