Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics - One Day at a Time - July 1 (Wednesday)

Hi girls,

I too can't believe it's July already; time is really passing quickly.  I saw on the home page they're pushing what I call the "Season of Greed" already - people are as oblivious to the true meaning of Christmas as they are to the true meaning of July 4th - which until recently was called Independence Day.

There's a heavy thunderstorm warning, and I have no intention of going anywhere today, not even Bible study tonighit.  I'm a little less than halfway done on my research paper, and have to finish tonight; I have one more paper to write and an exam, then school is done until late August, so I'll be able to focus on getting the house cleaned. up.

LindaL, it's a shame they used to throw out uneaten food; so much waste in this country, when there are probably over a billion people in this world who would be thrilled to have access to an American restaurant's dumpster.  Sad.

The Police Chief opened an IA investigation against the woman from Animal Control, and I met with a detective yesterday.  Of course she and her minions lied through their teeth, claiming I slammed the door on my car, was yelling from the moment I got out, and they were fearful of me.  Oh, I so would love to see her fired! 

Nothing else new; I'm in a melancholy mood, and all that I read in the news doesn't help.  I haven't seen my Cherish in a couple of days and I'm worried about her; she runs out of the house and there are the psycho neighbors....   Oh well...I have to remember God is in control and no matter what happens to my babies I'll have them all back one day.

Have a blessed day, everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

I am doing a big happy dance today.  DH & I had a nice breakfast out.  Then we went to the grocery store & got a nice bunch of red grapes for 99 cents a lb. & a watermelon for $1.99.  Then we went to Farm & Fleet so I could buy another clothesline for outside.  The one that I bought last week doesn't fit the original hole & DH wasn't happy about redigging another hole & recementing it in.  Then he went to the bank to cash in two rebate checks totaling $22.00.  Then it was on to Shopko to buy 2 bags of junk food for DH from Frito Lay, a new collapsible cooler for our vehicle which was on sale for $12.24 from the original price of $29.99.  I also bought 3 bath towels, 2 hand towels & 6 new wash clothes for his bathroom.  Total bill was $50.00.  We came home & easily put in the new clothesline.  Then it was back to the town that we bought the other clothesline so he could get his $$$ back.  Now I am ready for a nap!

Bird Mama, I can't believe that it is July already either.  I am as happy to get my new clothesline as you will be to get your dryer fixed.  It is sunny & cool here too, just like I like it.

Evelyner, You are welcome to join us all at anytime.

Snicks, How much fun to have a new great grand daughter.  I am glad that you could finally mow the lawn & I imagine there were weeds a mile high too.

LL, How foolish to throw away good food.  It's too bad about the D. & Co. pants.  Yesterday, I went to the outlet store from where I used to work for the main company & got a very nice pair of 5 pocket jeans in apricot/peach color for $7.90 with tonal embroidery on the back pockets.  I am not a jeans gal, but did like them.

FHG,  Good luck with getting your homework done & also that the police investigation goes well for you.  I don't like CIJ  either & do not like to decorate until Dec. when we usually have snow on the ground.

Marijane, It sounds like you had a nice anniv. party last weekend.  I am a city gal too, so the goat story was interesting me to.  I have no problem getting rid of "stuff."  I think it is because when I am in the house all day, clutter makes me unhappy.  I tried to help my DH declutter the garage a few weeks ago, but he is happy with his man's mess out there.  As long as we can get the Subaru in & the two mopeds, he is happy.

Cerb, what a wonderful goat story for those of that don't know much about animals.  This morning my DH looked out the window & saw two ducks across the street.  We live in a rather quiet residential neighborhood.  I thought that maybe they were male & female, but he said NO they are two males.  They went across the two streets at our intersection & then we lost them.

Honored Contributor

Shopaholics - One Day at a Time - July 1 (Wednesday)

Arlene - I'm sorry that you are having a rough time of it.   Is Cherish a dog or cat? 

Twinny - you have been a busy shopper and it sounds like you are taking advantage of good sales :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Bernie - yes, mammals need to give birth before producing milk.  That's why only 2 of our goats are making milk - only 2 were bred and gave birth.  I actually have people ask that question all the time, so don't worry about it.  All are goats are female except for one whether (castrated male) named Quigley.  If goats or cows are at a dairy they're milked for a long time, maybe a year or more, before they're dried up, and re-bred.  

My DD told me a funny story from vet school.  One day a group of MD students was visiting their campus.  One of the 3rd year MD students asked whether cats "breast-feed their young".  My DD said that everyone in the room burst out laughing.  They didn't intend to hurt the girl's feelings, but they couldn't believe that a future doctor didn't know that mammals produce milk and a cat is a mammal.  That's pretty basic stuff.  The professors smoothed things over politely as to not offend anyone, so all ended well.  (I just hope that particular girl is not my future doctor!!!)

Arlene - I am keeping you in prayer.  Blessings and Hugs!!!   ~ Charlene