Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Friday, Sept. 16th)

Birdmama---That's great you have all the original docuents.  You should be in good shape. I did hear this suggestion that a person should build the fence 1 foot inside the property line to allow for repairs on the "other side" of the fench without having to get permission from that land owner. I'm not a fan of that line of thinking but I think that might apply more in the farm land area. When we put the fence up at the ranch it ran across the property line. Too many people trespassing for no good. What a mess that was.

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama---The delivery guy for the siding owns a very old farm log house that they have rebuilt to keep it in tact. Sounds wonderful! He said that they now make siding that look like a log house. He said that it works best on a square shape house and it's super expensive but He wishes he had that option instead of the way he went on his place. Interesting.

I didn't even think about it until he started talking if there was a preferred order tht you should do these major replacements. Roof, siding, gutters & guards. Maybe we got it backwards but I'm sure if we did we won't be the first. LOL  I was taking my cue from the neighbor across the street. There place is larger than ours so I was watching how and what they were doing and using. She added huge solar panels on the roof but they really don't have trees on that lot. They replaced all the wood railing and decking with metal. It actually looks nice. I've never seen that done before. 

Good Luck with your fence and  possible extra project. 

Honored Contributor

Yea I'm not a fan of that either @Fressa   If I were to take the emergency vinyl fence and the decrepit chain link fence down and then installed my privacy fence a foot inside of the lot line, my city would interpret it that I am ceding that foot of land to the folks next door.  Not.Gonna.Happen Woman Wink

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Yea I'm trying to figure the order out myself @Fressa   I think the windows would come before the siding then again I haven't dug deep on that.  I'm learning about the etiquette of all of this. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, its almost 6:00 a.m. & I am the first one up.  Around here it's roof, windows & siding.  One of our neighbors is doing it now and it looks very nice.

My niece and gn got here about noon yesterday.  We were lucky to be able to park in a disabled parking lot and walk to the  square.  Not too crazy with people but the guy that we wanted to see from WA ST blew three notes on his trumpet and a fuse blew out.  It was somebody that hit a power pole several blocks away.  He got to play one song and it was time for the next band.  We are going to see him again this morning.

Christopher is coming this morning at 9:00 & we are all heading back downtown.  Craft show, many people, bands and a lot of good food so it will be lunch there.  My niece and gn are heading back home tomorrow morning as it's at least a 6-7 hour drive and they have to go back to work/school.  Our dgs will be heading back home tonight as he has a class tomorrow morning.  My brother and some of his family are planning to meet up with us downtown.  

We have decided to not see the big parade at noon tomorrow as there will be a 100,000 people in our town of 10,000.  

My PT session yesterday went well yesterday and I will be doing my strengthening exercises at our gym and at home.  

Gotta put the coffee on & gear up for the day. 

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama--I didn't even think about the windows. Now our grandson did roof first and then painted and all new flooring inside the house. Windows are next and last on the list. 

I didn't even think about the sofia and facia and porch roof covering until the gutter guy ask about the color choice. We decided not to replace allthat because it still looks good. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Twinny 70---Sounds likeyou have a fun weekend of family and activities. Enjoy!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Hope the epidural injections really help, Barbara.

Glad you are able to get the dog's prescriptions changed, Fressa.  I think the vet was probably stalling due to the lack of revenue.  Interesting about the order of upgrades, etc.  The only think I remember with certainty was the roof went first.  I never had the siding replaced.

Certainly sounds like you are having a fun weekend, Glenda.  Probably wise to avoid the big crowds.  At least, I prefer not to be part of a big crowd.  

Fingers crossed all goes well with your fence project, Bernie.

It was nice and cool this morning, but it is 97 degrees at the moment.  We may have rain Monday evening, and it may turn slightly cooler.  Definitely does not feel like Fall here.  I will probably wait another week or more before putting up my Fall decorations.

The salad bar party was very nice, but there was tons of food leftover.  Guess I won't need to buy dried cranberries or sunflower seeds for a while.

I had a bit of a fright driving home around 7:00 p.m.  I am not a fan of driving after dark (which it was), but was pretty shaken up by another driver who came right toward me near a stop light.  Fortunately, I was able to move out of the way as was the car behind me.  I think the person figured it out, and was trying to move to the correct side of the road, but.....

Today the informal "caregivers" got together for lunch, and it was very nice.  As I was driving there, one of the ladies asked me if I could pick her up since her car didn't start.  That was fine.  Bev was there (basically the organizer), and she said that she was still bleeding (since Independence Day), and has lost 30 pounds.  Not a good way to lose weight.  She has a positive attitude, but  I'm sure it isn't always easy.

I watched a little bit of AM Style, and thought some of the prices were way more than I care to spend.  Good thing that I really don't need any clothes or shoes.  That doesn't mean that I'm not tempted, but.....

Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda