Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Friday, October 25th)

Linda--Sorry that the cough isn't getting any better but limiting your activities and getting cough syrup are good move. Your friend is making positive moves in considering how to handle her stresses dealing with the death of her DH and her own developing adversity.

Bernie--I have ten days of pre-filled syringes awaiting opportune times for me to try to get the anitbiotic into Midnight's mouth. That cat has great reflexes and very sharp teeth for his age. 

I spent the afternoon reading in bed with Midnight actually joining me. I think he believes that area is safe. In the meantime, I have this syringe beside my chair in the TV room awaiting an opportune time. I have a feeling Midnight will win this war. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

I am late today, so I will read all of your posts tonight when we get back home from dinner out & then to our local MAC to see a comedy show "what's funny after 50 ."

My infusion went well on Wednesday so I am hoping to be good for another 8 weeks.  One of my nurses asked me if I knew that it took at least 10,000 donors for my infusion.  She said that sometimes it takes 50,000-60,000. I asked her what they donate & she said plasma.

My appointment yesterday at the Big Clinic was a good one too.  I  saw a Resident Dr. first so it takes longer.  I don't have to back for a year.

The news here is that we bought a 2020 Subaru Forester Sport yesterday and pick it up on Halloween morning.

We trade every 5 years so we have been thinking about getting it. We stopped in on Wednesday & saw what we liked.  Took it out with the salesman.  Wanted eyesight and lane deviation, heated seats etc.

We have 71,000 miles on it and usually have 60,000 miles or less when we trade them in.

Got home with the booklet and thought that it had too many bells and whistles for us to learn how to use.

We went back yesterday before my appointment & told the guy that we are getting older and asked to look at what we have now.  None in stock and the next ones coming in are already sold.  He said jump in and I will show you what is what.

Apparently all of the features that we have are now standard.

It's Ice Silver Metallic with orange trim front, back and both sides, inside & the stitching.  I have been telling my DH that I either wanted yellow,  orange or bright green, so it is a bit of a compromise.

It's been a rough year for both of us so we are looking forward to a fun 2020. I think that we surprised our dc.I

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

I'm so glad that your appointments went well Twinny.  Congrats on the new car @twinny70 

Is this it?  It's gorgeous Heart  

Image result for 2020 subaru forester sport

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I'm so glad that your appointments went well Twinny.  Congrats on the new car @twinny70 

Is this it?  It's gorgeous Heart  

Image result for 2020 subaru forester sport

Bird Mama. You are good 👍👍👍.  Yes!  When I first saw it, the sun made it look like a light aqua.  We had a Silver Kia before getting our brushed bronze metallic Subaru & liked it too.  It never looked dirty.

It's got orange accents here and there on the inside & the stitching is orange. I don't remember what color the upholstery is but it's not black.  Our present Subaru has black upholstery and it makes me very hot in the warm weather.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--Congrats upon the new vehicle. I'm glad your infusion went well. With all that you have experienced during the year, I'm sure that the new vehicle is well deserved and that it will enhance your travels by car.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Nice car, twinny -- congratulations!