Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Friday, Oct. 4th)

Good Afternoon all, I don't have much to share today.  I did the grocery shopping today and scored a pretty good sale on a 40 lb bag of wild bird seed ($18). 

Since the Q made it public on their facebook page (according to Q Talk) I guess I can mention that Louis Dell Olio is retiring from appearing on air effective immediately.  I appreciate and respect his reasons for doing so.  Driving alone for a long distance in inclement weather (especially) has got to be a grind.

For me, the allure of Linea on the Q is Louis telling stories and describing his apparel and jewelry.  He's had a back up brand ambassador for 18 months now and has someone to take over full time. 

It feels like the end of a delightful era.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Friday, Oct. 4th)

Good Afternoon/Evening!  I totally agree with you about Louis, Bernie.  I respect and appreciate Louis' reasons for discontinuing appearances on the Q, but I will miss him.

It has been a long, but good day here.  We spent time in the mountains (Italy near the Austrian border), and it even snowed a tiny bit when we were at the highest point.  

The roads were quite narrow with lots of switchbacks, and I have to give a lot of credit to the driver of our large bus.  Lots of traffic on the way back, and it was late when we went to dinner.  I only got back to the room at 9:15 pm after leaving at 8:00 am.  

Really good trip, and I'm enjoying meeting other "students".

I saw on FB that Jean was tired and decided not to sub today.  I hope she feels better next week.  I am totally losing track of the news, what day it is, etc.

But, I want to send my good wishes to all of you.

Have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Friday, Oct. 4th)

Bernie--I will miss Louis's apperances on the Q. He and Bob Mackie were real gentlemen and great vendors.

Linda--It sounds as if you are having a wonderful time. Continue to enjoy your trip and share  highlights with us upon your return.

I feel like I am trying to get a cold. I didn't sleep well last night because of muscle pain and today I have a sore throat and stuffy nose. I did manage a couple of hours of a nap this afternoon.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.