Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Friday, November 26th)

Hello all, not much going on in my world.  I needed some damp rid and made a quick trip to Home Depot to pick some up.  I'm not much of a Black Friday shopper and didn't really want to be in crowds today.  It was cold and windy and I saw a few flurries this afternoon.

How are you today?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Friday, November 26th)

Good Evening and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  I am glad you got what you needed, and didn't get caught in Black Friday crowds.  Your weather doesn't sound nice.  Yesterday, our high was 62 degrees, and that felt pretty chilly after our warmer than normal weather.  It made it up to 70 degrees today.  No rain or snow -- we could use the rain, but....

So far, it has been a very good day for me.  First, I learned that middle DGS' girlfriend (whose Father died suddenly a couple of months ago), has changed her mind, and wants to marry plus have a child at some point.  Before her Dad's death, she wasn't keen on marriage and didn't want to have any human children (just a dog or dogs).  They still want to get a dog, but I am so happy she has changed her mind,  DGS wanted to marry her, and I'm sure he will be a great Dad if they have a child..

Then, I had an early lunch with my friend Bev.  She looks great, and feels good.  According to her doctors, she should have died months ago.  She still has Stage 4 cancer, and there is no cure.  But, the tiredness she had from the radiation is mostly gone, and she is a happy and grateful camper.  

After lunch, I went to the Post Office to return a Q package, and got in and out very quickly.  The same thing happened when I went to UPS to return an Amazon purchase.  The grocery stores were missing several things, but I can do without them, and they were not crowded.  I pushed my luck, and went to Ross to see if I could find some candy or another gift for a gift exchange I may go to next Friday.  It was so crowded that I decided I would rather pay more elsewhere than try to fight the crowd.  Still happy that I made it so well before that stop.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda