Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Friday., Nov 30th)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  I just realized that we had the wrong date yesterday (it was Nov. 30th).  Just shows how much attention I pay to things.  

It did rain last night, and it should be cooler today.  But, it was pretty nice on my walk this morning.  The rain woke me up last night, and I didn't get much rest.  So, I'll probably be pretty tired this evening.

I plan to go to the Post Office and Sprouts today.  Nothing exciting.  Still getting lots of tempting offers from various places, but I am trying to resist any more purchases after receiving so many things yesterday.  Having a December birthday plus Christmas makes this a difficult time for me to restrain "wanty".

My Fitbit suddenly had issues yesterday evening, and it turned out that others were having similar issues.  Fortunately, all seems to be working now.

Sorry about your Pyrex being broken, Charlene.  That is one naughty cat you have.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Friday., Nov 30th)

Hi Linda, thanks for starting our thread today.  We have the same weather as you.  It was so nice to finally get rain.  We have scattered clouds right now.  Have fun running your errands, and yes, I do have a naughty cat, but I love him anyway.

FASHION - my DD has never really been "into" clothes.  It's just not her thing, but she managed alright.  Well, she's gained 10 pounds this year and is realizing that nothing fits, except for her work clothes.  We have a Christmas party to attend tomorrow night and she has nothing nice to wear to that or any of our holiday events.  Sigh. I just got done going through a couple of tubs that contain my "too-small" sweaters and tops, and pulled out a few that I thought might fit her and that she might like.  Otherwise, I might have a look around our Penny's while I'm out running errands and see if they have anything I think she might like.  This is one of the benefits I've found in having plenty of clothes (including some different sizes since my weight fluctuates).  I am so happy to have appropriate clothing to choose from.  I spent  many decades scraping by with my clothes.  So...even though I know I should get rid of some of my excess clothing to free up some space, for the most part I'm happy with what I have.

Linda - I've been having a big case of the wanties too.  QVC has had a lot of JAI pieces of jewelry on sale and I've bought a couple here, plus some other pieces of jewelry on ebay.  I think I've bought myself something for Christmas several times over, lol.  

Well, I am about to go run some errands, including a trip to Walmart (I accidently bought a stack of blank CDs, instead of DVDs - I have the receipt and will try to return those), the library to drop off more donation books, and maybe the mall.  We'll see if I'm still in the errand mood by then.

Waves to all  ~  Charlene 

Honored Contributor

http://www.lovethispic.com/uploaded_images/289152-Good-Morning-Enjoy-The-Last-Day-Of-November.-Christmas-Is-Almost-Here-.jpghttps://2.bp.blogspot.com/-PVzBKuh2Y4s/V9zyhOlY93I/AAAAAAAAAE0/3B9ms7h_dHcE9Lx4VlkxqLhuhr56GLBJACLcB/s1600/Happy-Hanukkah-2016-Images.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. Sorry you had an issue with your FitBit but glad the rain made the temperature more comfortable for your walking. I am afraid we will be deluged with tempting offerings until the Big Day and then for After Christmas sales.

Charlene--I do hope that you found an outfit that DD can wear. It is so easy for weight to sneak up on us. I also have two sizes of clothing in slacks but same size for tops.  It also varies by brand. I think the weight is starting to creep back on me as a pair of pants felt a little tight today.

meallen--Thank you for the appropriate graphic.

I don't have anything really exciting to share. I worked today and it felt like the longest day of the week. When I got home, I turned on QVC and found Accessories Gift List was being featured.

I plan to go to the city tomorrow and have lunch with a friend as well as taking some donations. I did see a great pair of Clarks boots  yesterday and ordered them but then decided I had enough boots, including a pair yet to be worn but purchased earlier this year.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Whoops, sorry about my date error yesterday Linda @LindaLatte  November is going by so fast, there was no need for me to rush it Woman LOL

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Charlene @cerb  I hope that your daughter was able to find something for the holiday event.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise