Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Friday, May 7th)

Hello all,

We've had intermittent sunshine all afternoon and it seems like I turn on the lamps around the house because the sky is dark, sit down and then the sun comes out, lol.  I'm getting bombarded with Mother's Day sales emails from everybody and their mother.  So far I'm resisting the temptation. 

My sister received her second Pfizer vaccine this morning.  She worked extra hours all week so that she could go in early (like 5 am early), work a few hours then leave work for the day.  So far, she says she's not feeling anything. She wasn't sure how she was gonna feel so after she got her first dose, she requested this coming Monday as a vacation day.  

That's my excitement for the day, how are you?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Friday, May 7th)

Hi Bernie.  Those days when the sun is in and out so much are pretty weird -- lights on, lights off. 

Like you, I'm getting lots of Mother's Day sale e-mails.  I did order a HEPA air purifier today -- not because of an advertisement.  DD and I were discussing allergy issues, and she said that she had three of a particular air purifier which I found on sale at Amazon.  

Happy your sister got her second vaccine, and I hope she doesn't have any reactions.  Even if she does (which I did the next afternoon), I imagine she will be fine by Monday, but a vacation day is always good.

Nothing exciting going on here.  I went to the hospice office to drop off some materials along with some supplies one of the clients didn't want.  Then, I went to the Post Office to mail the "bereavement" letters and to the library to pick up a book I had on reserve.

It is very warm/hot here again today (high of 93 degrees predicted), but it was fine on my walk.  And, it is cooler than yesterday.  Tomorrow should be even cooler still (upper 80's).

DGD got the results of her sleep study, and she has a problem.  They recommended melatonin and prescribed a CPAP machine.  Hopefully, this will help.  The diet prescribed by her dietitian has been a big help to her, thank goodness.  Her food choices are limited, but at least she can keep food down now.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda