Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Friday, May 4th

[ Edited ]

Happy Friday Shopping Friends Woman Happy

Today kicks off the two day fashion event at the Q.  Watch your wallets Woman LOL

I'm safe from today's TSV.  If you order it, I hope that it meets your expectations.  

My cotton tanks from Alpha Mills/Amazon arrived yesterday.  I was so happy to see that their products continue to be made in the USA.

I think the books I ordered from Amazon will be arriving today.  

It's pretty breezy here and I think we'll have a repeat of yesterday which was on and off sun with on and off rain.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Friday, May 4th

Happy friday birdmama!  I didn't order the TSV but I did order A306868 in blue.  I love Lori's french terry and this top is adoreable to me.  I need to be careful about spending now.  I was going to be debt free this year but I needed unexpected surgery.  I have it in my heart to be debt free but next year will have to be my goal now.  I really need self control when I get tempted by QVC..... Smiley Happy  

Honored Contributor

@Sweet Caroline 1  The neptune blue is very pretty as is the papaya. 

Honored Contributor

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-2Cz6XPnYwhs/V3bL3I0XCGI/AAAAAAAAXVo/oSvco8v8vSMbAJd9OkpjmRzei2IO-GBCwCLcB/s1600/great%2Bweekend%2Bnew%2Bmonth%2Blink.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread and also cautioning us to watch our wallets and expenditures during the two-day fashion event. I am glad the tanks you ordered meet your expectations.

Sweet Charlotte--Sometimes our best plans are not realized but we do not give up. Medical expenses have a way of contributing to detours. Enjoy your top.

meallen--Thank you for the great gocraphic and the reminder that this a new month full of promise.

I just got home from work and am now watching the Q. I did receive the Lessman Choconuvo chocolate squares that work to lower cholesterol. I had to try them with my coffee, and to my surprise, they are very good. 

@Bird mama, or Bernie, I know you have been good at resisting them so I will let you know how they work.

I also received yesterday the item Elemis 3 piece skin collection I ordered during the special event for cancer and also the free bag of goodies that went with the purchase. The free bag of goodies contained a 16 oz of WEN valued at $36 plus several nice sized samplers, including Purity. I think this was a good purchase as the Elemis was special priced. I got my money's worth.

I guess we are all now awaiting our sunglasses. Right now, with the gloom and rain, I don't have a need for them especially with the current sunglasses of the same brand still working well. My plans to do yard work tomorrow have now been shelved because of the rain expected to continue through the weekend.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started Bernie.  Glad your tanks came and are still made in the USA.  It is pretty hot here today (upper 80's at this point, and should be hotter and hotter this weekend through Tuesday.  We may hit 100 degrees for the first time this year.  No rain expected.

Hi Sweet Charlotte.  Sorry you had the unexpected medical expenses, but it is good that you are sticking with your debt-free goal, if delayed.  It is a wonderful feeling not having debts hanging over your head.  Hope you like the top that you ordered. 

Enjoy your weekend, meallen, and I hope things go a little easier next week.

Sorry you are in for a rainy weekend, Jean, but I'm glad you like the taste of the Lessman product.  Hope it works well for you.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  DH's DD arrived a bit earlier than expected (around 10:30 p.m yesterday), and we are having a good visit so far.  DH is very sleepy, but he did smile when he saw her.  He had a late breakfast, so was not hungry for lunch.  Oh well.....  We went out for lunch, and will be going back to visit him soon.  I made it to the gym and back in time to feed him lunch, and she took a short run.  She got very hot, and needed a shower this afternoon.  This weather can be a problem if you are heat sensitive.

Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I am so glad that DD is having a great visit with you and her father. It is great that he smiled upon seeing her. This holds much promise for the visit. I do hope it continues well.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat  The gift with purchase for the cancer event products looked like it was generous from what little I saw when I watched some of the event.  I'm so glad that you got your money's worth.

Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte  Like Jean, I am so pleased that your beloved's daughter is on the receiving end of some smiles from her father.  These are the little things we tuck away in the good memories bank :-)

Honored Contributor

birdmama and all posters, this is the first time that I have come to and read this thread.  I find it very welcoming like neighbors visiting with each other.  A very nice place to come! Would love to come back for another chat....  ttfn