Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Friday, May 29th)

Wow can you believe we're on the last Friday of the month already?  It's been hot (to me) all week and I'm happy to say that a cool front is moving on.  It feels good to have the A/C off and the windows open. 

I hope that everyone is doing well.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Friday, May 29th)

Indeed, we all need the fresh air as I can hardly "breath" today.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's been hot and humid here. We have a thunderstorm with hail and high winds that is to happen this afternoon thru the evening. Hopefully it will bring cooler temps for a few days. I still do not have any A/C, (since 5/19) I finally had to give up on that company that I had for 30+ years and find a another company. Of course between the shut down and now the peak season the repair or replacement would most likely be the end of June. I am just taking it one day at a time. I'm just crossing my fingers that I can make it thru.

I reeceived an email that our Vet's office is finally opened. Perfect timing because our female dog has an odd blister between her toes. Tomorrow is bath day for them. I'm actually wondering if some of this is a side effect from her allergu medication. It doesn't seem to bother her much because she is still playing ball, etc. I am just trying to remain calm.

We got the last few boxes from the attic cut up and in the recycle bin. I have a few small things I might do up there but I need to "tweak" the work room first. It's cool down there so that will be a bonus.

I can not believe it will be June and we are still messing around with masks and misinformation and cases. I hope the warm weather kills the virus and we can return to our normal lives. It feels good to do basic errands. 

I did pick up a prescription on Thursday and a few groceries. The paper asile was still empty. The cleaning asile was fully stocked with Tide products and some lesser desired dish sopa. No wipes, Lysol, etc. They did have Cascsde dishwasher tablets. My machine prefers Finish but I put a bag in my cart. Prices were up on most things $1 or so. Meat and deli items were in good shape as well as dairy. Snack items seemed fine. There ase still some empty spaces in the medical supplies. It's imroving so I find that to be a good thing. Curbside pickup has become bery popular. They closed off 5 lanes of parking to accomodate all the pickup customers. Amazing. 

The new A/C company is comming today to inspect and give us a quote. Hopefull this will be an improvement from the previous company. Crossing my fingers.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the weekend to arrive.

Stay safe & comfy.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  It is difficult to believe it is almost June.  I was supposed to be flying to England today.  Hopefully, that can happen next year. 

Very hot here today -- 104 at the moment.  Very little chance of rain, and we have excessive heat warnings until Sunday evening.

Really glad the AC is working, and I am so sorry you are having such problems, Fressa.  Really hope the new company does a good job and doesn't overcharge.  Terrible that the old company let you down after so many years.

Yesterday, I got my hair cut for the first time in four months.  I went to a new hairdresser, and I liked her very much.  I am getting some color done (minor stuff) toward the end of June.  It is supposed to be quite subtle, and only last for three months.  But, I decided to give it a shot. 

The grocery stores and Wal Mart were not bad yesterday, but still lacking in wipes and spray disinfectant.  Hope I have enough to last until they are back.  Meat and some other items were a bit sparse, but they did have more than last Thursday.

Today I did some volunteer work -- just some mailings for the hospice chaplain.   Not much, but at least a little work.  That is supposed to be a weekly task, which is fine.

Not sure how many of you are on Facebook, but I got a message from Jean -- she was already back home, and was enjoying coffee since she had a headache without it.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day and stays safe.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

I got an email from a classmate saying that our classmate Marian passed away early this morning.  It's sad, but her pain &  suffering are over with. Please keep her family in your thoughts and prayers.

Bird Mama, you should be getting our nice cool weather.  Then the 80's again by Tuesday.  Yes, I like having the windows open and the A/C off.  

Dinaki, I am another one that likes nice cool fresh air.

Fressa, it's too bad that you have to choose a different A/C place after this many years.  Hopefully they can come up with a better price.

Linda L  it sounds like you got a nice haircut.  I don't know if my salon is open yet.  I don't need to go quite yet.  It's nice that you could do a few hours at your job.  Thanks for the update on Jean.

My DH had a checkup with the hearing aid guy yesterday morning. He could hear out of one of the new ones, but not the other one.  He had wax in it after just getting them cleaned by the ENT Dr.  Then he had an appointment with the skin Dr. in the afternoon to remove a small growth under his eye.  He has 8-10 stitches in it, so we are tending to it for about 4 days.

Yesterday a friend stopped by to pick up a few books that I had read & she wanted.  It was so nice having a 6' distancing visit through the screen door for about 30 minutes.

My bf from HS and her dh ordered a carryout lunch today from our favorite Italian restaurant and came back here where we safe distanced in the garage.  I ordered from home and my DH went to pick it up.  My DH said, "it's so nice to talk to somebody again.". 

We got the garage clean, decluttered and organized.  We wanted to do it a few days ago, but it was too hot.  

After they left, we went to our favorite cheese factory.  I got Baby Swiss for me & my DH got Muenster for himself and our dgc.  My next infusion is on June 1st & after I am done, we are going to see them.  I am going to take a few sweet treats, but they all like cheese.

I am enjoying a sunny cooler day.  Supper for tonight will be light.  We are still full from lunch.  Those leftovers will be for supper tomorrow night.

Tomorrow, I hope that we can get the 6 tomato plants in the ground.

Hugs to all of you.