Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Friday, May 27th

Julie928, you are welcome to join us anytime.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Glad your car was ready, and you spotted the error in time.  Those shoes look cute.

DH slept better last night, but he was pretty confused this morning.  The caregiver said that he seems to be having more and more trouble.  He had an extremely difficult time getting up from the sofa this morning, and he was very unsteady when he was walking.  I'm very worried he will fall. 

I contacted the "club" about sending him there a fourth day, and they said it would be fine (I was concerned about the caregivers since he needs more than usual care).  I'm concerned about the long weekend, but hopefully it will be okay.  I have a caregiver coming on Sunday so I can go to church and the gym.

The social worker came yesterday (before the nurse), and she was pretty sympathetic.  They are trying to find a volunteer to come for an hour or so a week so that I can go for a walk on the off (one of the no club days), but no luck so far.  The nurse told me to only use the cough syrup at night, and she said she would check on him today (call me), but has not done so yet.

Unfortunately, one of my favorite seniors from the lunch program, Shirley, passed away yesterday afternoon.  She had cancer, and was in remission until it came back with a vengeance.  Very sad, but I know she is up in heaven now.

Happy the closing is over, twinny, and I hope you enjoy the wedding.

Waves to Essie, Arlene, snicks, butterfly, Jean, Kathleen, Susan, Marijane, Karen, Barbara, LindaR, Gayle, pinky ann, our new poster, and all of our posters and readers.

Time to pick up DH from the club.  

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

@FunkyHulaGirl

Arlene that was beautiful.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise