Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Friday, May 20th)

Good morning/afternoon all,

It's currently 77, breezy and cloudy in part of the world.  It's supposed to get about 10 degrees hotter by later tonight.  I'm pretty sure the A/C will kick on sometime this afternoon, right now the house is still comfortable.

I'm happy that my convert a bench cushion finally shipped - should be here tomorrow if nothing goes wrong with Fedex.  The booster side effects hit their peak on Wednesday night and I finally started to turn the corner yesterday.  I'm happy about that.

Anybody else following the monkey pox outbreaks overseas.  Yikes!  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Friday, May 20th)

Hi Everyone!

Birdmama--Thanks for starting us today. It's another mix day of rain, cool temps and then hot. This back and forth just makes my head throb.

I read two articles on that monkey pox outbreak. I'm so nervous that it's already in our country. How would we know?. It sure looks nasty. I am crossing my fingers that we have some medical brains working on keeping us safe.

LindaLatte---Your OLLI history episode sounded so interesting. What good luck to find another person with some direct information. I'm always interested in history and the older the better. In my senior year of HS I won an award from the Daughters of the American Revolution and some of the decendants were there to speak. I ound their stories so compelling. 

Our big install was yesterday and the company sent their entire crew. (I think it was 8-9). It went betterr than inspected with only one snag in one pipe. They are back today to replace a valve that broke when the water was turned on. Who knew we had that kind of pressure in the line but it did clean out some "gunk" that was in the inside of the pipes. I thought that was a good thing. The generator sits on top of a mini stand so it stays level with the power switch and off the ground from the mud and snow. that was a surprise but that should work out for that location.

I did watch part of AM Style and some late night home show with MaryBeth. I have 2 Zuda tops and I wear them when it's in the 90's. They really are cooling. Pricey but nice. They wash well. I don't wear shorts but if they have a capri/skimmer I migh be tempted. 

Prayers to Bev, Barb and all those in need.

Have a nice afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, we had one day that was hot.  Now it's been in the 60's-70's, but rain this morning.  I hope you get your convert a bench soon.  I heard about the Monkey Pox yesterday on the TV.  Today I heard that there is one case in two states but I can't remember which states they are.

Fressa, I am glad that your big project was done without too many surprises along the way.  Monkey Pox sounds, awful.  I am glad that we are fully vaccinated. Lemons were 99¢ each.  Strawberries were reasonable so I bought 2 qts.  Blackberries were ridiculous, but I did get blueberries.  

It's been a crazy week here, but I got all of our vacation laundry done yesterday.  It was a beautiful sunny breezy day.  I told my dh that we can get away again.  

My dh had an appt with the eye Dr. on Tuesday & he has slowly growing cataracts which he can decide if or when he wants to get them removed.

On Wednesday he had labs/6 month Dr follow-up. All is well there, but he has to go see a dermatologist next month to check out a few spots here and there.

We have a couple from our bed and breakfast club coming tonight between 7-8.  They live a few hours away and are going to his Aunts Wake tonight and her funeral tomorrow morning.  It's my in my mil's hometown.  I will be fixing them a good breakfast before they head out in the morning.

My dh had to push the lawn mower yesterday since the rider didn't start.  It popped right off last week.  The maintenance guy is coming to get it today.  The guy that goes maintains our mopeds came by earlier this afternoon and will return them tomorrow. Just oil changes and check the tire pressure.

Yesterday was grocery shopping day and we were too tired to go to the gym.  No gym today as I am busy in the house and my dh walked this morning.

We are getting a carry out supper from our favorite Italian restaurant.  

We are supposed to get rain again tonight and maybe tomorrow.  

The phone is ringing off the hook today. I got a letter from the UW CLINIC saying it's time to make my October appt.  After hanging on for 12 minutes, I hung up and will call again next week.  They need an 800#!

The bank statement came & I got it taken care of for another month.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny70-

Glad your vacation laundry is done. I swear it multiplies in the suitcase. LOL

It will be good to have all of your equipment repaired/maintained for the season. Then you can be free to go have more fun.

Enjoy your company.

Esteemed Contributor

Good evening and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Hot, dry, an windy here with a red flag warning (fires possible).  I am hoping for the best.  Glad you are recovering from the vaccine side effects and hope your bench makes it there soon.

I read an article about the monkey pox, but I'm putting my head in the sand for the moment.  

Glad to hear about your installations, Fressa.  Seems like everything went well -- whew!  I have never purchased any Zuda items, so I was interested to read about your experiences.  I only wear shorts in the house, so I am not interested in the TSV, but perhaps I should look at some of the other items.  

As usual, you have been very busy, Glenda.  Hope you enjoy your company.  Good to hear about your DH's health and you having your mopeds tuned up and your riding mower repaired. Hope you can get through to make an appointment.

I had my hair cut this morning and then went to the "high tea" given by one of the newcomers ladies.  Wow -- there was so much food plus beautifully decorated tables, etc.  Her neighbor who lives across the street helped make the many, many desserts, and the hostess had been a caterer at one time.  She even provided boxes to take things home.  

The "caregivers" lunch is off again since only three of us were able to attend.  I called the restaurant to cancel since Bev had made the reservations and is not really able to handle details like that given her condition.  No word from her doctor, so I guess it is just a waiting game.

My SIL and youngest DGS are going down to South Carolina tomorrow to look at the new house -- just spending one night in the area and going with the real estate agent.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa, my fashion purchase was a pair of 98% cotton and 2% spandex Red shorts yesterday.  They are the width of the hem too long on my short legs so I will alter them tomorrow.  They have 2 cute red buttons on each leg, so I will remove the lower ones.  They have a fancy Red zipper/button. They were originally $39.99 marked down to $3.99 & with my company 25% off they were $3.00. I wear shorts when it's in the 80's or worse.  I love the new skort that I just bought for $14.99 while on vacation.  I decluttered a garbage bag full of clothes yesterday so I have an excuse to buy a few more things for summer.  

We are looking forward to meeting our  new Evergreener's friends at any moment.  

Linda L, that's exciting news about your dd and family buying a house.  

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, we were posting at the same time.  Wow!  What a great tea you were invited to.  I am not a tea drinker, but that would be my exception.   Many years ago when I took our dd to England, we went to Harrod's (sp)?  What a tea experience that was for us.

Glenda