Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Friday., March 29th)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Should be another nice day here -- warm, but not too hot.  I am going out for lunch again today -- wow, I feel like I'm on vacation or something going out yet again.  I thought maybe Jo Ann and I would meet for coffee and then walk in the garden club park, but she wanted to go out to lunch.  That is fine with me.  We do plan to go to the park after lunch.  She has not been exercising much lately, so I think she likes the idea of walking.  I hope she likes the park as much as I do.  

Yesterdays lunch was good as far as company goes, but the food didn't measure up to my visits to their previous location.  To be fair, I ordered a calzone rather than pizza.  Next time, I will go back to pizza.  Hope I'm not becoming too picky about food, but ......

I limited my walking yesterday -- still did plenty, and the gym went okay.  One man told me twice how impressed he was with my efforts on the treadmill.  That was nice to hear.

After my time with Jo Ann, I plan to go grocery shopping.  Nothing else planned at the moment.

I decided to do some cleaning in the evening instead of during the day to see if it helped me keep awake but not walking.  It sort of worked, and I did clean out the refrigerator yet again.  But, when I stopped and tried to watch some Netflix (without walking in place), I nodded off again.  At least I wasn't asleep for too long, and then was able to read and do some Italian practice on the computer.

While I don't follow baseball, I think Marijane's Yankees won yesterday.  I'm sure she is happy about that.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have time.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Friday., March 29th)

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Linda - Thank you for starting us today.  Your weather sounds wonderful, we are having a rainy and sorta warm day.  It is 52 degrees out so that is warm.  I am looking forward to spring.  Hope your visit with your friend goes well.  Good job on the exercising.  

Not much going on here, we early running around getting things done here. So now we have all our trips done and are home for the rest of the day.  It is a dreary one out there so I don't mind.  I need to get the wash done today and may do a little cleaning.  I did not sleep well last night so I may do one constructive thing around here and just read for the rest of the day.  

Hope eveyone has a great afternoon and Happy Friday.

Honored Contributor

The rain that I thought was coming yesterday morning didn't hit until overnight and early this morning.  I didn't putz around after breakfast and started running my errands around 9:30.  I am usually like a heat seaking missile (lol) and get it over with.  Today I popped into a Walmart and a Target before getting the grocery shopping done.

My sister and I are pretty much catering Easter dinner for the family however everyone is welcome to bring a dish if they want.  I'm doing three simple variations of devilled eggs, will bring the soda pop and the hawaiin rolls.

I picked up olives and some miracle whip today.  Already have a new mustard.  I'll watch for sales on the 2 liter soda pops.  I guess it would be a good idea to ask the girls what they and their kids like to drink so I don't bring the wrong thing.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, yes, eating out is like being on vacation for me too.   Sorry that your lunch yesterday was a disappointment.    The weather here has been so nice that I hang outside almost daily.  

Susan, we are getting spring weather and it's been above average all this week and probably next week.  I hope that doesn't mean that we will have a hot summer like last summer.  I need to start Spring cleaning soon.

Bird Mama .It sounds like you have a good plan for Easter.  We are hosting Easter here again for our dd's family.  I am glad that it is later this year.  Last year we had to have an Easter egg hunt in the house and had to hide the baskets inside too.  It's much more fun doing it outside.

My DH's heart monitor wearing ended this morning at 8:20.  We took it back to the clinic and went grocery shopping.  We are waiting for them to call us with the results.

We both walked this morning.  He had lunch at BK and I met friends for lunch at a different restaurant. My DH seems to be back to normal so I will be glad when all of the tests are done & the results are back. Yes, I am concerned with why this ordeal happened.

I went into the new Perfumery this morning while I was on my walk  & asked what was on QVC & made in our hometown.  The shop is called Zodica.  It has a special perfume for each Zodiac.

They have been on QVC three times in the last 6 months and probably won't be back on again for several months.

The first time they presented the Twist to Spritz.  You twist the tube in the middle & then press the thing down for a spritz.  It can be refilled.

the 2nd thing was a special hair spray.  

The 3rd thing was a Discovery Set of small samples good for traveling etc.

The shop owner is from Madison, WI but she makes everything inside the store in a room at the back of the shop.

The shop owner was surprised when I told her that I have been to the Studio Store several times also the outlet stores.

That's all I have to tell you.