Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Friday, March 10th

TGIF to all.  I started my long weekend today.  I also started some Zicam therapy because I am coming with something - haven't decided what.

I went to JCP, returned the slacks, browsed for a short time, talked to other shoppers then made a run to the recycling center.

Before I left to run errands I made arrangements with a lawnmower/snow blower business to have my lawnmower picked up for annual maintenance. My regular place closed with no communication to long time customers and this new place is highly rated and reasonably priced.

The irony was not lost on me that I was thinking of mowing the lawn as I drove through a snow squall on the way home.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Friday, March 10th

@Bird mama

I'm glad you have power, I hope. A poster here wrote that 800,000 in Michigan are without due to high winds.

Hope that zicam wipes out the cold.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Today, weImage result for snowy day images 

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies.....hope whatever you are coming down with Bernie you caught in time.  nice that you had the day off to get your pants back to JC Penny and not have them hanging around.

Your graphic Meallen is right on for us here....we had snow about 5 inches but it has stopped now....the kids had a day off....I think because they have had very few this winter...maybe 2 now.  WE are heading for below zero this weekend so any snow on the ground will turn into cement!  Tuesday looks to be a nor'easter heading up the coast with a lot of snow involved.....hopefully this will be it for the rest of winter.....although can't complain because it hasn't been a bad one.

Thats about it...heading out to shovel off my deck .....    have a nice day....Marijane

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Bernie - Thank you for starting us today, hope you don't get sick, this is your long weekend.  We have been having snow squalls here all day. It hasn't added up to anything today, the sun keeps coming out and melting it off the roads and sidewalks, can't complain about that.  We got about 3 inches last night, so it was not bad today.  Actually the roads were clear this morning.

Lovestoteach - Have a good day.

Meallen - Hope this is our last snow day.

Marijane - We are supposed to get colder this weekend, I think our lowest will be 8 degrees on Sunday morning.  I am so ready for Spring, even though we haven't had a bad winter by anymeans, I am just ready for Spring. 

Okay, done complaining, I do need to get a couple things done before we go out for supper.  Have a good afternoon everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

No snow here.  Sunny & 80's.

We are all  enjoying the pool & the ocean.  I am in the shade most of the time.

DH is napping as we just had a nice lunch.

There are always 4 kinds of steak, shrimp, fish & good pork tenderloins.  The fresh fruits & veggies are to die for.  I dont dare go near the huge dessert tables, but I have enjoyed a few big chocolate coated strawberries.  Last night we dined at the Italian restaurant.  Tonight we will be at the nice buffet & tomorrow night we will be at the Steak restaurant.  I am never going to want to cook again.

The nightly entertainment is good.

Bird Mama, hope that you are feeling better real soon.  Our hometown has no school today, because the girl's basketball is playing at State for the championship gold trophy.  

No TV as it is all in Spanish.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70

WOW!!! I can FEEL those ocean breezes!

And it sounds WONDERFUL!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone!  Bernie - thanks for getting us started.  Sounds like you're on top of things, whether you're quickly returning a purchase, or getting your lawn mower ship-shape.  I should be as good.  Bernie, Marijane, Susan - you're all getting snow?  I'm with Linda, it was so warm that that our air conditioning came on.  I'm going to need to adjust that thermostat, because the weather's actually perfect.  Don't want to waste electricity.  Twinny- Hola!  Coma esta usted?  Your description of the food made my mouth water!!!  Hope your vacation continues to be great!

Not much going on around here.  Yesterday a woman at my Bible study came up and asked me if I was okay, and said that I looked really tired.  I laughed.  I AM feeling really tired.  I hope that I can get over this heartburn and start feeling better.  My MD messed up my lab work request, so I had to call them today to get it corrected.  Nobody has called me back.  Honestly, I've been too tired to pursue it.  I will eventually.

I'm making a taco salad for dinner tonight.  Don't know why I've been craving salad, but that sounds good.  Hope you're all doing well  ~  Charlene

Esteemed Contributor

ERe: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Friday, March 10th

Good Evening!  Thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Hope the Zicam works for you.  Glad you got those pants returned and mower maintenance scheduled.  

Cute graphic, meallen.  DD's area of Maryland had snow, but i made it up to 90 degrees here == first time this year.  I'm not complaining.

Hi loves to teach.  Hope it isn't too bad there next week, Marijane.  

Hope spring makes it there soon, Susan.

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time, twinny.  I found there was more than enough food when DH and I visited that area.  Not sure we even had a TV in our room, but I don't know Spanish so it would have not been too interesting to me.  Anyway, why not go to the pool or beach, or just take a nice nap? Ahh.....

Hope you feel better soon, Charlene.

DH finally got his lift this afternoon.  I don't think it is fully set-up, but at least it is there.  The hospice nurse could not make it yesterday, and I met her there this morning.  She was trying to look at DH in the bathroom, and he almost fell to the floor.  Fortunately, we got him back to his wheelchair.  

Tomorrow, I have a landscaper coming to trim the bushes, etc., and then I'll be visiting DH and going to a cultural fest at our recreation center.  I'll be interested in seeing some of the musical groups, etc.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda