Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Friday, March 1)

Good Morning and Welcome to March Woman Happy   The days are getting a bit longer and right now I see the sun shining brightly outside of my window.

I did a little shopping at JCP yesterday.  I finally spent the gift card Woman Happy  JCP is carrying so many pretty and feminine clothing this season.  I haven't seen such pretty suit coordinates offered by JCP in a very long time.

Since I'm not working anymore, I stuck to basics.

Liz Claiborne V-Neck Rouched Sleeve Tee - Tall

Liz Claiborne Short Sleeve Textured Tee - Tall

Black dress slacks

Liz Claiborne® Curvy Fit Elizabeth Secretly Slender™ Bootcut Trousers

I also picked up 2 pair of yoga pants for my sister.  She likes a style that tends to sell out quickly so I thought I'd get her a couple of pair, just because.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Friday, March 1)

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  You made some nice selections for your JCP gift card.  Very kind of you to pick up the yoga pants for your sister.  Is she tall like you are?

It is sunny here as well, and it should make it up into the 70's again today.  I enjoyed the newcomers lunch yesterday -- not so much the restaurant and food, but the ladies. 

The lady who gave me a ride up to the restaurant wanted to stop at Hobby Lobby on the way back, and I was game (unlike several others who didn't want to stop).  Anyway, the store we went to had just opened, and it was very pretty.  It was my first visit to Hobby Lobby.

She is an artist, and wanted to buy serious art supplies.  Unfortunately, I am not at all artistically inclined, but I was able to find some of the supplies she wanted.  We also had good discussions about life, cars, husbands, etc.  I also had some good conversations with a couple of the ladies at lunch.  

Today I have an OLLI class (about a Sonoran desert highway in Arizona.  I hope to go to the gym in the afternoon and then I have an OLLI happy hour gathering (the first) this afternoon.  I'll probably end up having my dinner there, but I'm not sure.  

I'm back to having some allergy or cold (still don't know which) symptoms, but fortunately I still feel well enough to enjoy myself, and I don't think that I am contagious or anything.

I like the TSV, but resisted.  However, I did order some silver earrings that will be featured today (J361035).  Pretty basic earrings, but the kind I wear very often.  I know that I said that I am good at resisting jewelry, but I have a thing about simple hoop earrings. If they fit well, I'll get lots of wear for a very reasonable price.

Sending special hugs to twinny -- I'm sure it will all work out, but I don't blame you for being anxious about getting your very important medication.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a good day!

Hugs,

Linda 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linda, my sister is maybe and inch or two shorter than me.  Still kind of tall I guess Woman Very Happy

Like minds.... I was tempted to order the 1 inch version of the wheat hoop in regular sterling silver. 

Honored Contributor

http://www.lovethispic.com/uploaded_images/325196-Online-Friend-Happy-First-Day-Of-March.jpg

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

UHello Ladies....we woke up to snow this  morning ..more expected tonight and then a much bigger storm coming in Sunday into Monday...

I like your picks from JCP Bernie..I had forgotten about  silver day so will gave to go back and check.  I remember the days I would sit before the tv and watch....I 

prefer silver to gold.  Years ago my friend up in Maine took the day off ( teacher) and if she couldn't would run home at lunch time....I would send her emails....this was before texting etc of what I had bought so she would not miss out... in fact we were just reminiscing about this this morning on f.b.....

Twinny I hope your infusion meds work out and your current place will still be getting a supply.  I can understand about how upset you are.

Last night I went down to the basement for something  around 5.30 and saw water coming from a steady stream from water heater....well you guessed it water heater died.....called the plumber and  he came over shut it off and the gas pipe leading to it...they were back here this morning installing a new one...old one was about 12 years.  there was a mini flood on the basement floor.I I am so happy I went down when I did....and that we weren't away!

That's about all the excitement from here.....have a nice day!    Marijane

Honored Contributor

Happy First Day of March to you too @meallen616 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's no coincidence you spotted the water in the basement Marijane @Genny1 Woman Happy  I'm so glad you were able to get ahold of a plumber to shut the water and gas off.

I think it was 2011 when I replaced my water heater.  My basement is small and is partitioned off with doors and the water heater is in what I call the furnace room.  There is never a reason for me to go into that room and one day after work, I was drying some clothes in the dryer and something almost propelled me into the furnace room.

The water heater was just dribbling at that point.  Since it wasn't flooding, I went to home depot the next day, picked out my water heater and arranged for professional installation.

Trusted Contributor

Bernie, I don't know what made me go down there,especially at that time of day, , I hardly do....my w/d are on the second floor and the only other things of interest to me are my seasonal decos and I would be going down in a few days to get some of my St Patrick's / Easter decos  of which I have little.  MY guardian angel must have been looking out for me!

Esteemed Contributor

Very happy you discovered the hot water heater problem and took care of it before damage was done, Marijane.  

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, I like your JCP clothing selections.  It's nice of you to treat your sister.  I hope to get to JCP & KohI's  next Thursday when we are on our  way to  see our dgs's band concert.  I just heard that 25 JCP stores will be closing.  I don't know which ones they are.  We have one 22 miles away in IL & one in the Capitol City that we like to go to.

Linda L.,   I have never been to a Hobby Lobby either.  I have no artistic ability whatsoever.  My mom could paint with watercolors & painted a beautiful clown picture.  It's a beautiful sunny day and in the 40's.  

meallen. I am ready for March.  Beautiful graphic.

Marijane, nothing like a water surprise.  Yes, your guardian angel 👼👼👼 was looking out for you.  I don't have a dishwasher or a garbage disposal because I fear that they may cause a lot of water damage if they malfunction.  Our kitchen flood of 7 1/2 year's ago makes me extra cautious.  

It's a beautiful sunny day, so March came in like a 🐑🐑🐑.  It's supposed to get cold by Sunday and then into the middle of next week.  As long as we don't get rain or freezing rain, I am happy.

We had a nice breakfast out this morning and then we did some grocery shopping.  Yesterday while my DH was getting a new battery put into the Subaru, I bought a Columbia sun hat with 50 UPF.  It was on sale for $4.88 from $30. I am not supposed to get any sunshine & it's got a nice brim on it.  I can do sun this time of the year, but it is too hot for me in April/May already.

I just got a call from the Madison Hospital that I will be getting my May infusion at.  I have an appointment, so that is a start.  Thank you for all of your nice and encouraging messages.  I am still praying that my local clinic can get the Gama Gard that I need. 

Never in a million years did I ever think that this drug would be hard to get.  It's very very expensive so maybe that's the reason.

Hugs to all of you.