Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Friday, Jan 3rd)

Hello shopping friends,

I surprised myself by sleeping in until 7:30 this morning.  I decided to go through another section of kitchen cupboards above and below the built in oven and I got rid of some rubbermaid items and some old and crusty looking baking pans.  All of the items were recyclable and since I had cans, glass, paper and cardboard saved up already, I made a trip to the recycling center.

Hmm what other constructive things did I do....  well yesterday I did the month end/year end financial spreadsheets (household/petty cash).  I also paid the winter property taxes which are nothing compared to the summer property taxes.  I ordered my synthroid refill yesterday.

Yep, that's about it Woman Very Happy  How are you today?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Friday, Jan 3rd)

Bird Mama, I got up at 7:00 this morning & got my DH up at 7:30 because we had our Wellness Center orientation this morning at 8:30.  It went well and the gal in charge went over every piece of equipment with each of us.  There are a lot of different things that we can go on.  It's going to be a fun way to get out of the house.  Since the Wellness Center is close to every place we go, we decided to leave our gym bags in the Subaru. We only have to put on our gym shoes &  wipe down each piece of equipment that we use. It sounds like you have had a productive day.  We pay our property taxes at the end of January and at the end of July.  The July taxes are about $100 cheaper than the July taxes.  I don't know why.  Maybe because we have to pay to heat the house in the winter months.

After going to the gym. we went to the bank and grocery stores.  After lunch we hot tubbed. Dh is sleeping in his recliner.  

I dusted a few things in the basement this afternoon and will do the main floor tomorrow & steam mop the floors..

We are going to our nieces wedding at 2:00 tomorrow afternoon.  The reception and dance start at 5:00 p.m. so we might come back home after the wedding and go back for the reception since they are both in town.  We are going to invite anybody else to come back to the house with us.

it's cloudy today with light snow overnight.  Then sunny for the weekend.  My kind of weather.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Sounds like you got a lot accomplished despite a bit of a late start.  I need to do my total up accounting for last year, but I'm not sure if that will get done today or not.  Good job in getting rid of some items in the cupboards.

Your gym sounds nice twinny.  I went to my gym after my Caregivers activities yesterday afternoon, and I was shocked at how busy it was that late in the day.  I had to wait for almost every machine.  Then, someone reminded me that this always happens in the New Year when people often start working out as part of their New Year's Resolutions.  In addition, a lot of our "winter visitors" (aka snowbirds) are back.  My exercise classes this morning were also packed.  I know I'm spoiled in the summer when so many go on vacation and/or go back to their "regular homes".  

Have fun at your niece's wedding.  Hope you get the snow you want.  

It was pretty cold here this morning (32 degrees), but it is up to 50  degrees now. Tomorrow should be warmer still.  I stopped by the Post Office and the library on the way back from exercise.  Then, I got gasoline and went to two grocery stores.  I need to go to the bank, but decided to come home and have a late lunch since I was pretty hungry.

My SIL had a badly infected ingrown toenail, and DD got an emergency appointment for him with the podiatrist.  Unfortunately, he wasn't in his nearby office, but it was good that he went since he needed surgery plus antibiotics, etc. 

Guess I better get to the bank now.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda 

Honored Contributor

Twinny @twinny70  it sounds like the wellness center is going to be fun.  My winter taxes aren't due until the end of February but I don't like waiting until the due date.  The difference between my summer and winter taxes are drastic.  Winter taxes just over $200, Summer taxes over $2,000. 

Congratulations to your niece on her wedding. 

Honored Contributor

oooh Linda @LindaLatte   I bet your SIL toe hurt like all heck.  It's hard at this time of year in particular because he has to wear closed toe shoes.

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. It sounds as if you had a very productive day. Also, thank you for posting the pic of the liners you mentioned. This reinforced my putting the correct item in my cart at Amazon before I saw your post. I haven't hit the submit button, however.

Twinny--I really think you and DH are going to enjoy your gym. Glad the orientation went well. It not only helps with healthy but is a great way to get out and meet people.

Linda--Give it 6 weeks, and you will likely not have to wait on a machine. Human nature has people going gung ho at the beginning of the year but often motivation disappears. Sorry about SIL's toe. I imagine it is very painful.

I went to the city to have my car checked for the State Inspection due this month. It is hard to believe that I have had that car for four years. It is still purring, and I have had no problems with it.

Afterwards, I went grocery shopping at WalMart. While there, I walked through its section featuring organizing items. I discovered some really cute collapsable baskets for use in cubes, storage shelves, etc. The price was very good, so I got three of them. I know where they are if they work out. Of course, there were some much more expensive but I wanted to see how these worked.

On the TSV, I have it as I bought it to replace the Fitbit I killed in the accident. I have had it four months and am very sastisfied with it. The battery lasting up to 7 days? Close but 6 is more like it for me but I look at mine often, etc.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat   I didn't order the shelf liners until I had the shelving unit in the house where I could be absolutely sure of the measurements per shelf.  Something to consider.