Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time, Friday, February 24

Good Morning, Ladies!  It is very cool here this morning -- only in the mid 30's.  It should make it up to the 60's later.  I think quite a few areas are expecting cooler weather this weekend.

Sorry you have not been feeling well, Charlene.  But, that is wonderful news about your children.  What will your son be studying in graduate school?  I have visited the University of VA campus, and it is beautiful and historic.  Certainly quite a distance from your home in CA.  

That is great news about your mortgage, Bernie -- way to go!  Hope the car(s) keep running for you.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Anyone interested in the TSV?  I like pedal pushers (length), but I have not had good luck with them -- too wide at the bottom.  Of course, not a need.

I a little worried about DH.  The hospice nurse told me that the facility has requested a hoyer lift for him so they can get him in and out of bed.  And, they also wanted some medication since he seems stiff.  We decided to try Tylenol twice a day to see if it helps.  And, she will talk to them about the lift before ordering it -- we want to make sure that the caregivers know how to operate it.  Seems like he will be spending all his time in the wheelchair or bed.  So, I'm a bit sad about him not being able to walk, etc.  At least he is still smiling, and we enjoy our visits.

Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time, Friday, February 24

https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/488148047089128257/

Trusted Contributor

HEllo Ladies...I am sorry to hear about your DH LindaL, I hope the lift will be able to help him and that the caregivers know how to use it properly.   I have never had a pair of the dream jeans and I noticed the care was hand wash....I guess you could put it in the washer on delicate but....

Cute graphic Meallen and sometimes that applies to me as well.

It's suppose to go up to 65 today...yay....what a winter we are having...hard to believe Feb.is just about over now I hope March is just as mild....we will see.

Not much here just usual house stuff.

Have a nice day everyone....enjoy the nice weather if it's in your area.       Marijane

Trusted Contributor

Good morning everyone,

@LindaLatte  I'm so sorry that your DH is having more difficulty.  I hope he can adjust to not walking.  I would be worried about the changes too.  If he is happy, I say, that is a good thing.

@meallen616  I hear you.  It doesn't bother me as much anymore, because I seem to forget about those things quicker.  What bothers me longer, are the purchases I made that didn't work out very well.

@Genny1  Your weather sounds much better than ours.  We had snow all day yesterday and today only about 25 degrees.  I'm really tired of winter and am longing for the days of endless sunshine.

Not much scheduled for today too cold.  We do have to go out to the accountant today, so have decided we will make a night out for dinner.  That will make that appointment seem better, anyway.

Have a wonderful weekend all.  Keep those CCs close to the vest and hopefully, hidden.

Honored Contributor

@LindaLatte  Oh no Linda, I am so sorry to read that you and your beloved will not be able to take your walks together.  It's still wonderful that he is still smiling and enjoys when you visit him.

This life is something else isn't it?  I was raised Catholic and taught that heaven and the alternative (lol) were two different places.  It didn't take me long in life to adjust my way of thinking.  I now think that there is heaven and there is here (on earth).  Living life is like the ultimate version of Survivor.  It pays to take joy in the simple and what some would call the littlest things. I know doing that helps me get through many days.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I hadn't had to do it in years, however this morning I successfully jumped the Nissan with the Camaro and a set of cables.  I didn't short either car out so I felt pretty accomplished, rofl.  I made it to the dealer, got the oil changed and bought a new battery.  I'm out nearly $200 but at least my confidence is restored in the car.  I left my coffee travel mug there and even though they have my cell phone number, the cashier decided to leave me a message on my home phone.  

I left a message for the cashier asking her to confirm closing time today.  I texted my sister asking if she'd be able to swing by and pick up the mug as she lives closer to the dealer and could do it on the way home.  I will be seeing her for movies on Sunday.

Not a peep from either person. Some days.......

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, no TSV for me either as the fabric is too thick for our summers.  I loved the Sport Savvy ones & still have a nice white pair of Capri's.  The pedal pushers length are perfect for me.  Sorry that your DH is not walking, but it is great that he is still smiling.

Meallen, I'm usually happier that I didn't buy something!

Marijane. We have had a fabulous February & after having a week of record breaking temps, it was cloudy & 45 yesterday & drizzly & 30's today.  We are supposed to get 1-2" of snow tomorrow which I like much better than rain.  Some parts of our state  are expecting 8-12" of snow.  

3suwm5, we went to our tax lady on Wednesday & I hope that I gave her the correct information.  I had to give her some information about mom's estate, because I was her PR.  

Bird Mama, that is great news about your mortgage.  I am glad that you could jump start your car.  Now you should have peace of mind.

I didn't sleep much last night because of thunderstorms & the train that I heard 3 times.  It doesn't usually go in the middle of the night & it is 8 blocks away.

We got groceries & had lunch at Culver's.  Tonight it is dinner out because we have a $10 off coupon which will cover one meal & the coupon expires on Tuesday.

Yesterday  we had friends in for supper & cards & had a fun time.  I haven't walked for 2 days because it is nasty.  

I have been tired this week so it is good to be stuck in the house.

CERB, congratulations on your 2 DC.  You can certainly be proud because it is a family affair as my DH & I found out.

We can't even hot tub today which I really miss.

I am excited about going on vacation.  DH isn't real excited about having to be at the airport at 5:00 a.m.  

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I am so sorry that DH seems to be on a decline and may not be able to take walks with you again. I know your visits brighten his day.

I had typed a long response but it disappeared, so I'll not retype it.

I worked today. Our temperature hit 81 at 4pm when I came home. I would have ordered the TSV had it been the longer capris length. I wear QF year round; the fabric breathes so it is not hot. I wore full length QF pants today. I wash mine  and dry on permanent press cycle.  I have a pair that is 3 years old and still looks good.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

I'm posting really late, but wanted to say "hi" to everyone.  Linda - sorry that your DH isn't really walking anymore.  That is often part of the Alzheimer's progression.  (((hugs))).  Glad to hear that the U. of Virginia is a pretty campus.  Even though it's quite far from our home, think what a great way to see the eastern part of our country it would be.  My DS is majoring in pure mathmatics (slightly different than applied math).  They have offered a generous aid package, because they need a lot of TAs (teaching assistants) in math.  Marijane - our weather is nice too.  All of the alternating rain and sunshine has greened everything up nicely.  The goats have lots to graze on, and I have lots of daffodils blooming.  3suwm5 - enjoy going out to dinner tonight.  Bernie - are you getting ready to pay off your mortgage?  Congrats!  And good job getting your car taken care of.  I confess, I rely on my DH for an awful lot.  twinny - our tax appointment isn't for another month, but I have started doing some of the early prep work.  It takes us a long time to receive all of our paper work in the mail.  Hope you have only pleasant surprises when it comes to your taxes.  And thanks for the kind words about my DC.  Jean - glad you had a good sub day yesterday!

I felt pretty good today.  I spent some time doing organizing in a storage shed.  Then I started basting my comforter/quilt top to the batting.  I pretty much got one side completed.  Now my back is stiff and my fingers are sore, but I'm glad to have finally gotten to this stage in the project.  

I've got a meatloaf in the oven as I type this.  One of my DH's favorites.  I've been tweeking a recipe to try and find the "perfect" meatloaf recipe, lol.  Hope you all have a pleasant evening!  ~  Charlene