Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Friday, Feb. 21st)

Hello and TGIF all, 

The sun is shining outside my window for the third day in a row.  I was briefly interested in yesterday's TS moto jacket by Colleen Lopez.  I thought about the really nice faux leather moto jacket that I bought from Dress Barn a couple of years ago and realized I didn't need another.

With spring around the corner I find that I am doing more online browsing for home related things.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Friday, Feb. 21st)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  It is very cloudy here, but warm.  We had sprinkles earlier, but expecting fairly heavy rain tonight and tomorrow with cooler weather.

I took a look at that jacket, but decided I didn't need it either.  I received my beach cover-up yesterday, and it is very nice.  

This morning, I went to the "travel club" for the first time in several years.  It was a video about travels in Great Britain made by one of the members.  Since I am planning to take a trip there at the end of May, I was interested.  Raced home because I'm going out to a "newcomers" lunch for single ladies.  

My DGD got her hearing aids today, and so far, so good.  I am amazed that they are pink.  DD said you really cna't see them because she has long hair and they are tiny.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies...sunny but cold here today it was 16 when I got up this morning...the past few days have been the same. I can't complain though this month has been just about no snow, a lot of rain though.....

Hope your GD  hearing aids work out great for her Linda and they aren't seen because of her long hair.....I didn't realize they came in different colors.  Is your travel club meetings every week?

i had ordered something  from  Zulily awhile ago....I usually don't order from them,and I had got a notice it was shipped and delivery would be on the 16th. I realized it was a Sunday so figured it was a mistake and Monday was Presidents' Day no mail so I would receive it on Tuesday.  Anyway I checked on Sunday and lo and behold it was in.my mailbox....so now is the post office delivering  packages on Sundays too?  Are they trying to keep up with Amazon I wonder.

Not much else going on here....pizza or some other Italian food take out tonight.  Have a nice day everyone.....Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. I didn't see t he presentation of the moto jacket or I might have been interested. Like you, lately my purchases have been for the home.

Linda--It is great that GD's hearing aids are working well. Enjoy your travel club presentation. It certainly will enhance your plans to Great Britain. Enjoy your beach cover up.

Marijane--We shared the same temperature this morning. It was very, very nippy going to work. The positive was that the low temperature was not accompanied by snow. I  have never ordered anything from Zullily.

I worked today and it was one of those days that seemed to drag. Possibly because it was Friday?

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

I believe the jacket Bernie talked about was on HSN, Jean.  I only saw it because someone had a thread about jackets.

Like Jean, I have never ordered from Zulilly, Marijane.  The travel club only meets once a month from October - May.  It was interesting to hear that one couple's planned cruise to Thailand, India, etc. had been canceled by the cruise line since they are not taking any cruises to Asian ports due to the virus until further notice. 

At the lunch today, I heard that a bus tour company in the area is not reliable.  One of the ladies went to Mexico via bus and went on a cruise (great), but on the way back, the bus broke down and they were stuck south of the border for six hours.  Another bus from the same company caught fire on the way back from a town west of here in Arizona.  This lady was told that they use old buses for this area, particularly when they go to Mexico.  It is too bad, since their prices are reasonable, but safety first.