Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Friday, December 2nd

Hello and TGIF everyone.  I'm back to work (called in yesterday) and feel more like 'me'.  I think the cold is on it's way out.  I already had Monday reserved as a vacation day so I'll have more than enough time to get my house decorated for Christmas (I don't go too crazy).  I also need to address my cards and get them into the mail. 

How are you doing today?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Friday, December 2nd

Good Morning, Thanx @Bird mama for the start, glad you are feeling better, I think a cold has to run it's course, medicated or not, only what happens with me, but I do have to say, very seldom get a cold, lucky me

Doing laundry today, giving my new dryer a workout, end of hanging out till Spring.

Been doing some damage with the credit/debit card, Christmas gifts so no "me" things, I really don't like going to the mall, etc, so online it is, usually works out fine, but may have to hit the stores for the grands.

Waves & Hugs to All, have a good day

Essie

Honored Contributor

Hello all and thanks @Bird mama for the start. Happy to hear you are feeling better. Don't push yourself, I also believe colds mostly just have to run their course. I was planning to get my cards addressed and mailed today, they are still laying there on the table, waiting, lol.

@spix, sometimes shopping the stores works, sometimes online. I give mostly gift cards, I bought all of them yesterday. Just have some small things left to buy now and I am set for the holiday. Whew, I'm glad. Trucker girl is having all her shopping delivered to my house since she is gone so much. I am getting daily deliveries for her, lol. Bet the neighbors think I went crazy this year, as all of my online shopping has been delivered in the last week or so.  The only thing I will be hanging out will be my comforter once in awhile now till spring. Just love the fresh smell when I crawl into bed, lol. I hang it over the deck railing at least once a week for a few hours even weeks when it isn't washed.

Hope everyone has a good day. Waves....

"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Bernie -  Thank you for starting us today, glad you are feeling better.  Enjoy your long weekend.

Essie -  Hope the new dryer is workng well.  Enjoy shopping for the grands.

Did my grocery shopping this morning and now washing clothes.  We have to go to the funeral home today for a friend of DH.  I told him we are going to start going on little day trips because when we go out anymore, it is to the funeral home or to a funeral church service.  It is really starting to get to me.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  So glad you are feeling better and were able to get to work today.  Have a good long weekend.

Hi Essie -- I'm sure I'll be doing some spending today as well.  I want to purchase my Christmas cards as well as a couple more birthday cards.  I was waiting until after December 1st when a coupon I received from Hallmark was active.  Also plan to pick up a few things from the store, including some eye drops for DH.  He was really having problems with his eyes when I visited him yesterday, and the hospice nurse suggested he get both his lubricating eye drops (he has plenty) and the allergy eye drops (that are running low.)

Starting to consider what clothes to take on my trip next week.  It should be colder than here, and I don't want to freeze.  Fortunately, we aren't going any "fancy" places so I can concentrate on bringing warm things rather than being too fashionable.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Susan, Marijane, snicks, Charlene, meallen, 3suwm5, butterfly, Barbara, Karen, Rosa, LindaR, Gayle, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

My TSV Halo charger arrived yesterday, and it seems very easy to use.  Not that I want to have to use it to charge the car or anything, but.....  

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

http://profilepicturequotes.com/funny-quotes-about-christmas-shopping/

Honored Contributor

Hi friends,

http://vangie.deviantart.com/art/Tough-week-Happy-Friday-595912719

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies - wow, really getting a late start today.  Have a list a mile or so long and haven't started yet - yikes!!

Nice to hear from all of you today.  I too am happy it is Friday.  Dreading next week as we are to have highs in the teens - holy smoke.  I'm certainly not ready for that.  The weekend will be nice, so DH will hang his little string of lights and say 'Merry Christmas to all'.  We'll wait until next weekend to get a tree, they dry out so fast.  Having dreams already of the pine smell running through the house, can't wait.

@Bird mama  Happy to hear you are feeling better.  Enjoy the long weekend.  Hope you can get your cards out.  I should get started on that as well.Smiley Indifferent

@spix  Good luck with the laundry.  I need to get on that also, always work to do.  Yes, and then there is that credit card thing happening.  Not only for Christmas gifts, but for me, time to replenish supplements.  Spent a boatload yesterday buying those, should last about 6 months (at least some of them).  I try to buy in bulk, so as not to spend so much in shipping and handling.  Bought a gift for 1 member (almost) and that's as far as I've made it through the 'list'.  Enjoy shopping for those grands, how much fun that will be.

@Snicks1  That's a great idea of hanging the comforter over the railing, that I can do in this neighborhood.  We aren't allowed clotheslines, but we have 2 sets of railings I could use.  Good idea for trucker to have her deliveries sent to you, so no one can steal them.  I hung around yesterday, waiting for a delivery.  Maybe you can jump up and down with the next delivery, so the neighbors really think it's all for you.  LOL

@PAlady  That would be sad, only leaving the house for funerals and such.  Maybe a lunch is in order??  I try to get out to do something fun, especially after I've had to go out and take care of something I've been dreading.

@LindaLatte  Good for you to have a coupon for Hallmark cards.  I love their cards.  I don't ever seem to have a coupon for them.Smiley Sad  Hope a refill on eye drops and DH is good to continue with his activities in his new digs.  Enjoy your trip next week, should be delightful.  Casual items always make a trip much more enjoyable.  At least you can feel better, knowing you have a charger available to keep you prepared for anything.

@meallen616  Your picture selections always put me in a good mood, thank you.Woman Happy

Ladies - keep those CCs close to the vest.Woman Wink  Mine has been padlocked for several days.Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@meallen616 wrote:
http://profilepicturequotes.com/funny-quotes-about-christmas-shopping/

@meallen616

That's me exactly when it comes to shoes, lol. I did manage to restrain myself during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday festivities.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, it is good to hear that you are on the mend.  Enjoy your long weekend.

SNICK's, I haven't done any Christmas shopping & the cards are also calling me.  So fun to get your DD's packages & keeping the neighbors wondering.

Spix, I hung laundry out on Tuesday, but probably done until spring.  Enjoy the new dryer.

Susan. You are so right about needing a day trip or two.  DH & I have had lots of classmates pass away this year right after my mom passed away in March.

Linda L. Enjoy your trip  next week.  I hope that the different eye drops work for your DH.  

I am late today as I had my infusion this morning & after getting groceries & going to the bank, I slept all afternoon.

I got mom's bank statement & they put a $2.00 charge on for getting a paper statement.  They waived the fee this time & said that my sister's check cleared but my brothers is still out there.  They told me to cash my check, & send my brother an email saying if he doesn't cash his check in 2 weeks, he will have to pay the $2.00 fee.  The account is closed & I am "free as a bird."

It is another cloudy day. We are expecting an inch or so of snow on Sunday.  I am ready for it.

Our DGS's concert was nice last night.  Now we have our other DGS's concert next Thursday.

All I bought yesterday was a bag of chocolate peppermint coffee.  Couldn't find the peppermint mocha that we liked last year.

Off for supper.  

Hugs to all of you.