Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Friday December 1st

Hello and Happy Friday to all.

It just hit me, we started a new month.  Wow, November went by like a flash, lol.

Still not having any major shopping urges - I guess that's a good thing.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Friday December 1st

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Bernie -  Thank you for starting us today.  Yes, hard to believe it is December, I think it was just the Fourth of July.

My goal today is to get my Christmas gift list in order.  I have a couple gifts bought, but need to write everything down to stay organized.   I want to have all my gifts bought by the end of this coming week.   I want to have my Christmas cards done next week also.  

Can not complain about the weather, we are having a sunny and not too cold of a day.  Well need to finish washing clothes.  Hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Honored Contributor

Image result for first day of december images

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread.Great job on controlling the shopping urges. That can be so hard to do during the holiday season, but you are showing that it can be done. Yes, the time is passing quickly. November came and went in the blink of an eye. Soon we will be celebrating a New Year, something that doesn't seem that long ago that we ushered in 2017.

Susan--You seem very organized with getting your gifts and cards organized. I don't have that many to buy so it is an easier process with me.

mealllen--Thank you for the very appropriate graphic to welcome us to the month of December. I think all of us hope that this will be a wonderful month bringing us much joy.

I'm home from work. The Middle School assignment was a challenge, and trust me when I say that I looked forward to the dismissal of school and the weekend. I watched the Imperial Gold show this morning and was tempted to buy the earrings as I have a IG ring. I passed, however, so my cc is safe. I have no idea what I'll do this weekend. Part of me wants to make a run to the city but another part says I'd be much better to stay home and rest.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  I agree with you about November flying by very fast.  Glad your shopping urges are not surfacing.  Wish I could say the same, but not so.  Since it is my birthday month, and Christmas is coming, my order finger has been twitching.   I just received an offer to extend the warranty on my refrigerator which will be three years old in February.  Not cheap insurance, but I am seriously considering it.  I used the insurance a while back (maybe a couple of years), and I just don't trust refrigerators after having several bad experiences.  Not exactly shopping, but spending money to be sure.  

Hi Susan -- glad you are getting things organized.  Like Jean, I don't give many gifts, and those that I give are usually cards or cash.  I will probably try to get some small boxes of candy for the caregivers to go along with gift cards.  I have not purchased my Christmas cards yet, but that should be accomplished soon.

Nice graphic, meallan.  Hope December is a good month for you as well.

Sorry Middle School was a challenge, Jean.  I know the elementary school was much better.  Hope you have a good weekend whether it is going out or staying home relaxing.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.

DH is incredibly sleepy, and I am concerned about him.  The hospice nurse came yesterday afternoon, and she spent quite a bit of time examining him, talking to the caregivers, etc.  I stayed later than normal, but she called when I got home to say that she found that DH had been given an extra dose of his anti-anxiety medicine, which could be part of the problem.  He had some other things going as well, but.....  She told the caregivers and called the director to let them know about the problem.  She also called the morning caregiver and told her to watch him.

Anyway, I went earlier than normal this morning, and he was in bed.  The caregiver told me that he was asleep through his morning bed bath, and that he had not had breakfast.  He didn't respond when I said hello, at least for a while.  I called the hospice nurse, and she said she would talk to the caregivers.  Eventually, I was able to feed him some yogurt and one donut hole for breakfast, along with a small glass of water.  This took quite a while.  Then, I gave him some jello and two peanut butter crackers for "lunch" along with another small glass of water.  Eventually, he was talking a little, but not much.  And, he did not want to get out of bed and wanted to keep his eyes closed.

I am waiting to hear back from the nurse, and I'll probably go back later to see if he is more awake, etc.  As you can imagine, I'm pretty stressed about all this, but I know that there is precious little I can do to improve things.  I am praying.

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Prayers are with you and DH. This is, indeed, a very stressful time for you. I know your exercise and being active helps with the stress but I know the nights might be very difficult for you. Hugs!!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat  I wish I could say I was restraining myself when it comes to shopping.  I'm stupid tired these days, lol.

Honored Contributor

Hmm Linda @LindaLatte I'm sorry that your beloved is so sleepy.  Perhaps the medication is working too good on the anxiety and making him sleepy.

I'm sending good thoughts and prayers that the caregivers and medical staff get to the bottom of this sudden sleepiness.