Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Friday, August 30th)

Good Morning all,  the air around here is cooler however it remains stubbornly humid Woman Very Happy  I had to kick the A/C back on.  Considering folks in Florida are facing a hurricane, I'll count my blessings.

I receive emails from Dooney and Bourke and I've been debating the purchase of a nylon bag for two days now.  There's a 25% off promotion for Labor Day and of course, free shipping.

I suppose it's progress that I didn't just jump at the offer, lol.

Jean, I'm thinking of you today.  I bet Midnight is so thrilled to have you home.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Friday, August 30th)

It's still hot and humid in PA but at least the storms have stopped for a while. I have a good friend who moved to S.C and her daughter lives in FL so they are on watch. I don't know how they do it because they are both deathly afraid of storms. Last year Betty said that they were back and forth on the highway four times because they kept revising the evacuation status.  What a worry. Water and wind cause such damage.

I'm trying not to be tempted by the Labor Day sales but I have a few birthdays in Sept. I like to shop well ahead just in case I'm not feeling well again. I did purchase the Candle Impressons 4" bark impression candles a few weeks ago. They are pretty. It's a sutle pateren which is always what I prefer. I'll only buy candles that use D or AA or AAA batteries. Those ones seem to have a longer battery life. I was frankly surprised that we haven't seen many presentations on the flameless candles considering all the holiday programs. The prices are crazy or maybe I just haven't been watching as much

I did get my "steal of deal for the year" a month ago. I had a gift card and coupon forr BBB and they had the 2qt  Dash air fryer on sale. It only cost me $5. WOW!!! I have fallen in love with the air fryer cooking. I have the full size one and found that I prefer to use the air fryer for any frozen potato, steak or chicken. I could not believe how fast the clean up was after the meal. It's one of those small things but at the end of the day it's nice to have some extra time to relax. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Sorry you need the AC.  Definitely needed here as well since it is still pretty hot.  I took my walk early, but it still got a bit warm by the end.  As you say, the people in Florida are expecting such bad weather, I am counting my blessings.  

Good luck with your decision on the D&B bag.  I do not own any of their bags, but I think some look nice.  Fortunately, I don't need more bags at this time, and that is an understatement.  I used to own one leather bag, one summer bag, and one or two dressy clutches.  Those were the days.  LOL

I'm not sure this is the latest, but the last I saw Jean is very happy to be home, and she and Midnight are very happy to be reunited.  

The "newcomers" lunch yesterday was nice, and the gym went okay.  They were replacing some of the equipment, and I didn't get to use the abdominal machine that is a normal part of my workout.  I'm not complaining, but that is an area that needs work.

Today I have been invited to lunch at one of my buddies homes.  There will be four of us there -- all widows within the past year or so.  No other plans but to go to the grocery store(s) for produce, dairy, etc. I'm trying not to buy a lot of other stuff (non-perishables) since I am mostly well stocked.

My Cuddl Duds cardigan came yesterday, and I mostly like it except for one of the snaps that isn't placed correctly.  Fortunately, it is the bottom snap, so I can leave it open with no problem.  The sizing was okay -- smaller than my two previous Cuddl Duds cardigans, but not too small.

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- Hi Fressa.  You certainly got a great deal on the air fryer.  I have never tried one, but they sound like a good idea. 

Honored Contributor

Oooh I had my eyes on the same candle impressions candles @Fressa  I have a thing for candle impressions candles and I might just have to order a set now that I've read you like your set.

Esteemed Contributor

Just popping in for a moment. Yes, I am home and very tired. Wish I could have had the cardioversion but the blood clot made that impossible. I will have to wait until the clot dissolves or perhpas not at all by that time. I see my primary next week on discharge orders and the cardiology appointment is September 12. I am doing fine but wanted to thank everyone for their support, good wishes and prayets.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@Fressa   Your candle impressions are at a sale price.  Check what you paid for yours and if you paid more, you can reach out to customer service for a price adjustment and credit.

Honored Contributor

I hope you have a nice lunch today at your buddy's house Linda @LindaLatte 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jean @KonaKat   I'm sorry that they couldn't do the procedure too.  I'm sure Midnight is stuck to you like glue.  

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for the notice.  I ordered mine on 8/6 so I can't get the extra $3.16 off. They said 7 days but I thought it was 14. I'm not terribly upset because I thought the price wasn't too bad considering what they are chargiing for others. The 6" are on sale for what I paid for 4" so I'm seriously thinking about those I know that I don't need another set but I like to have one or two on hand for when the older ones stop working.

Thanks again. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Fressa   You have 30 days from when you received an item to get the price adjustment.  Trust me, I've done it on purses and jewelry.  Money is money.