Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Fri., May 17th)

Hello all, another weekend is upon us.  This month seems to be scooting by rather quickly Woman Wink

The Spenco TSV is an easy pass for me.  Spenco shoes look like they run wide to me.  If anyone here orders a pair, I hope you are pleased with your purchase.

My house smells like lilac right now.  My neighbor has a lilac tree that grows over my 6 ft fence so I took some blooms this morning and have them in a vase in the living room and drinking tumblers (lol) in the kitchen and the spare bedroom upstairs.

I heard some chirps of baby birds as I walked past the birdhouse hanging off of the corner of the garage.  Woman LOL  Their voices are so soft now.  In a few days they'll be screaming for their parents Heart

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Fri., May 17th)

Hi Bernie, thanks for getting us started.  I love lilacs, glad your neighbor's bush went over to your side a bit.  I had the same thing with my neighbor's grapefruit free branches.  Unfortunately, their fruit was not tasty at all -- even after I added sugar.  Oh well.....

I'm at my DD's house now.  It was a major effort for her to pick me up at the hotel, and the drive back wasn't exactly easy, but.....  I hear lots of birds here since there are lots of trees behind her house.

The Road Scholar trip was very interesting and good, but tiring.  I think I can use some more relaxed family time before I return home.  Not sure if I mentioned it here, but I lost one of my hearing aids.  I called and left a message with the audiologist --- hope that I can get a replacement fairly soon.

DD has lost quite a bit of weight since I saw her last May, and she looks great.  Actually looks younger.  None of the others are home yet, but I guess I'll see them this evening.  There are lots of improvements here -- deck redone, some new appliances, new furniture, and even new flower beds.

Sounds like your trip is off to a nice start, twinny.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I agree with you about the TSV, Bernie.  Not a good choice for my fairly narrow feet.  Also, I have no need for more sandals. 

Honored Contributor

Oh no @LindaLatte   I'm sorry that you lost a hearing aid.  That has to be upsetting.  I'm glad that you are able to spend some time with your daughter and her family before you head back home.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Very happy to report that I called my audiologist, and she has already ordered a replacement hearing aid.  I have an appointment to pick it up next Thursday.  I have to pay a $300 deductible, but definitely worth it.