Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Fri., May 10th)

Good Morning, I am about to make a run to the grocery store.  My mailman left the card/plastic bag related to the food drive in my mailbox yesterday.  And, errr, um, the USPS food drive is tomorrow Smiley Surprised  Not so long ago, we'd get the card/plastic bag a week ahead of time.

I actually enjoy food shopping for others much more than food shopping for myself so I don't mind Woman Happy

We might hit 60 degrees today and through the weekend.  The day started out cloudy, then we had blinding bright sunshine and now..... let's hope I get a parking spot close to the door because I don't carry an umbrella.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Fri., May 10th)

Hello Ladies, thanks for starting Bernie.  my maillady left a food drive last week card  and I taped it to my fridge so I wouldn't forget.  I was out to the store early and picked up some ..  We had two nice days this week so today is raining....read this makes the 9 th Friday in a row of rain.......Sunday looks to be rain too till next Tuesday.....it's only in the 50's so a little chilly for me.

How are the " kids" doing Charlene...any names yet?  Once and awhile I get a video of some farm on my f.b. Page of a farm in the next town from us when we lived in Maine, tney have a pile of goats and kids now...I could probably sit and watch them all day playing,tney are so cute.

Not much going on....have a nice day everyone....Marijane.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Hope you get a parking space near the store.  I think I got the bag on Tuesday.  I keep food donations ready since my church collects them once a month, so I did not need to buy anything more.  I did find a couple of items that I could donate, including some olive oil I purchased before I learned more about olive oil.  I'm sure this bottle (plastic) will be fine, but I now have my special olive oil instead.

Sorry it is another rainy Friday, Marijane.  I bet those goats are cute.  The leader of my Caregivers group has several animals, including some goats.  They really keep her busy, especially when her husband is out-of-town.  He is a professional salmon fisherman, so he goes away for quite a while in salmon season (Alaska).

I like the TSV, but I will not be ordering since I know that I would not wear it that often. Although I love the print, I am looking for a solid color cardigan.

After much personal debate, I decided to take an airport shuttle rather than drive to the airport and pay for parking.  The parking here is very inexpensive, so this will cost twice as much.  But, I thought it would be less stressful to have someone else drive.

I watched part of the Ted Bundy movie on Netflix yesterday, and that may have been why I had difficultly sleeping -- dreams kept waking me up.  Note to self -- I should watch those sorts of programs during the day rather than in the evening.  

Glad Jean got her food order (delayed), and likes her new beach pants.  I was expecting a small Amazon order yesterday, and it says it was delivered to my mailbox -- not true.  Frustrating.

Good that your infusion went okay, twinny.  Hope you can go to your local clinic next time.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, its a 🌞🌞🌞 60's day so I am a happy camper.  I hung out two loads of laundry & it's blowing in the breeze.  My DH is mowing the lawn & wants to see the Brewer's/Cub's game at noon.

Marijane, how are your Yank's doing?

Lunch is at home, but dinner is debateable.

I called my local  clinic this morning & was told that they can't get my new drug.  This makes me sad.  Then I called the Madison clinic & made my July 3rd appointment at Noon. My DH has his neurosurgeon appointment the day before, so we will plan to stay at our dd's home.  Then our ds will be flying in from Boston over the 4th of July weekend.  

I was on my moped this morning and got my walk in.  Didn't do that for a few days because of the weather.

Tomorrow we will be in the Capitol City getting our Subaru recall done.  Then it's lunch with our dd & her family.  We are going to chic fil a.  It's a nice place for all of us.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, I think that it's a good idea to get the airport shuttle.  The less when flying for us is a plus.  We used to fly out of MKE & airport parking was $10 a day if you were lucky to get a parking spot in that lot.  Once we had to pay $20 for each day, so it was very $$$.  Our favorite airport to fly out of is Rkfd, IL.  It's only an hour away, has free parking and a it's a small airport.  Have a great time with your family.

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. No food drive here but that is what I call a late notice.

Marijane--It has been raining here also. We mak a joke about Nature doesn't want the mud drying out, but it does get old and it is difficult to schedule things.

Linda--I have to drive to any airport I use, and the one I use depends upon price and timing of the flights, etc. I usually have an early morning flight, so I stay in a hotel near the airport and park at the airport at the airport an hour and a half away. At the airport, 3 hours away, I usually stay at a hotel with a great rate and leave my car there with a $5 a night extra fee, which beats the airport fee of $12.

Twinny--I am sorry that your local clinic can't get the drug and that you have to go to Madison for the appointment. I hope your recall appointment goes well and that you have a great outing tomorrow.

I worked today, which was a bit challenging with it near the end of school and several teachers gone on major field trips. I came home and filled the car up with gasoline as I'll be leaving early tomorrow morning to Columbus, Ohio for a 10am appointment, one which requires a three hour drive for me each way.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.