Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Fri., December 13th)

Hello all, I finally received my postage stamps from USPS dot com and was able to get all of my cards in the mail before the 2 o'clock pick up at the mailboxes in front of the post office.  I would have dropped them off inside but there was a line of cars waiting for a parking spot.  Double park for a second and people turn ugly Woman Very Happy  I didn't want to start my weekend out like that.

What's going on in your neck of the woods?

"The eyes of the future are looking back at us and they are praying for us to see beyond our own time"
Terry Tempest Williams
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Fri., December 13th)

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. Good job on getting those cards mailed!

I've worked the past three days, and today's was done with only 3 hours of sleep last night. Tomorrow, I hope to be able to go to the city to get my hair colored and styled, and also lunch with a friend.

I had ordered Landies 21 piece Merry and Bright Pretzels with candies. It arrived today but there are only 16 pieces. Guess who is calling customer service.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Fri., December 13th)

Good Evening and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Glad you received your stamps and were able to get your cards out.  I think Post Offices are very crowded these days.

Wow, I can't imagine working with that little sleep, Jean.  Hope you have a good day tomorrow.  Sorry about the shortage in your order.  That is quite a difference.  Hope customer service gets things straight in time for Christmas.

I discovered that that I had been overcharged at the Post Office when I purchased two international stamps in addition to mailing a package to DD.  I was charged for four stamps rather than two.  Not sure that I will try to get the two extra stamps or just forget about it.  Certainly would not want to battle for a space in a very busy parking lot for a couple of dollars.  I should have noticed at the time, but it was a long wait, and the stamps were just a little extra.  Oh well....

I have had a busy day.  Went to the very crowded grocery store and then to Wal Mart (I needed some salt for my water softener).  Then, raced home for a light lunch and then down to the senior center to go on a bus ride to a wonderful musical comedy holiday play.  They were repaving the street near the senior center, and I had to take another detour.  Anyway, the show was absolutely great.  They serve food, and we ordered a large pizza to split five ways.  Still had leftovers.  It was getting dark on the way home, and I didn't make it home until after 6:30.  Tomorrow should be another busy day with a hospice visit and OLLI holiday party.

I found out that the Salvation Army is holding a holiday lunch on the 24th, and I plan to call and see if I can get a reservation.  I don't have any special meal plans for Christmas.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda