Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Fri., December 13th)

Hello all, I finally received my postage stamps from USPS dot com and was able to get all of my cards in the mail before the 2 o'clock pick up at the mailboxes in front of the post office.  I would have dropped them off inside but there was a line of cars waiting for a parking spot.  Double park for a second and people turn ugly Woman Very Happy  I didn't want to start my weekend out like that.

What's going on in your neck of the woods?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Fri., December 13th)

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. Good job on getting those cards mailed!

I've worked the past three days, and today's was done with only 3 hours of sleep last night. Tomorrow, I hope to be able to go to the city to get my hair colored and styled, and also lunch with a friend.

I had ordered Landies 21 piece Merry and Bright Pretzels with candies. It arrived today but there are only 16 pieces. Guess who is calling customer service.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Fri., December 13th)

Good Evening and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Glad you received your stamps and were able to get your cards out.  I think Post Offices are very crowded these days.

Wow, I can't imagine working with that little sleep, Jean.  Hope you have a good day tomorrow.  Sorry about the shortage in your order.  That is quite a difference.  Hope customer service gets things straight in time for Christmas.

I discovered that that I had been overcharged at the Post Office when I purchased two international stamps in addition to mailing a package to DD.  I was charged for four stamps rather than two.  Not sure that I will try to get the two extra stamps or just forget about it.  Certainly would not want to battle for a space in a very busy parking lot for a couple of dollars.  I should have noticed at the time, but it was a long wait, and the stamps were just a little extra.  Oh well....

I have had a busy day.  Went to the very crowded grocery store and then to Wal Mart (I needed some salt for my water softener).  Then, raced home for a light lunch and then down to the senior center to go on a bus ride to a wonderful musical comedy holiday play.  They were repaving the street near the senior center, and I had to take another detour.  Anyway, the show was absolutely great.  They serve food, and we ordered a large pizza to split five ways.  Still had leftovers.  It was getting dark on the way home, and I didn't make it home until after 6:30.  Tomorrow should be another busy day with a hospice visit and OLLI holiday party.

I found out that the Salvation Army is holding a holiday lunch on the 24th, and I plan to call and see if I can get a reservation.  I don't have any special meal plans for Christmas.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda