Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Fri., August 9th)

Good Morning all Smiley Happy  It's a beautiful day here in my part of the country. 

I slept with a couple of windows open (just a little last night) and it was a pleasant 76 degrees in my house when I awoke.  The sun is shining, there is a light breeze blowing, the birds outside are singing and chirping up a storm and it's not going to be hot or humid today.

I did buy something from the Q earlier in the week.  It was a reorder necklace and earring set that was offered by Louis Dell'Olio early last year.  I was still working at the time and the option I wanted sold out with lightening speed Woman Very Happy

Image result for linea scythe necklace QVC

I'm looking forward to receiving the set because it was highly rated by people I trust in the Q community.

I'm out of soy milk and there's a sale on wild bird seed at Meijers so I think I'll get my list together and do some grocery shopping this morning.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Fri., August 9th)

[ Edited ]

Since I will be visiting two funeral homes this afternoon/evening I was thinking about wearing this blouse with navy slacks and taupe colored espadrilles.  Does this outfit look too casual for a funeral home visit? 

IMG_2866 (300x400).jpg

Trusted Contributor

@Bird mama, Perhaps a solid blue blouse and different shoes. IMHO. Don't know what my op is worth.

Trusted Contributor

@Bird mama. Feel bad. Hopefully I did not offend y

Honored Contributor

@sligo   I don't offend easily, lol.  

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. Enjoy your jewelry puchase. As far as the outfit for the funeral visitations, I think that might depend upon your area. I think your selection would work here as would Providence's. 

I slept very well last night but still am tired from the activity of the past two days. Right now, I'm watching IM and enjoying my cable again. It is amazing how often I look at that cable box to see the correct time. The only Q purchase I made this month was t he PTR TSV. I have a weakness for his products. I have an auto delivery now that I really enjoy but wanted to see what this one was like.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hi Jean @KonaKat   When it comes to funeral home visitations, I will wear greys, browns, blues and never blacks.  I've always been like that, even for my own family members.  I don't dress like I am going to a party however for me it is a celebration of life.

I swapped out the blouse and shoes Woman Happy  The blouse is more tailored to my body and you know how I love my shabooties.

IMG_2867 (300x400).jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--I like your choices for the funeral home. I agree with you about black. I rarely  seen black now at funerals. In fact, when I recall my mother's funeral, I didn't wear black but a dark blue.

I wouldn't mind having a wig to see what I would look like when I am solid gray. My mother at 90 had a mixuture of gray and dark brown.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat  if I didn't do something careless earlier this week that resulted in an ugly bruise on my forearm just above the wrist, I certainly would be wearing one of my new sleeveless blouses and 3/4 sleeve shrugs that I bought from JCP a couple of months ago.

As it is, the bruise is at the funky green/yellow stage and I'm trying to hide it.

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--You could always treat the fading bruise as a conversation piece. I am on blood thinner so I can get bruises and have no idea when I did it. 

I am just seeing the TSV presented "I am woman; hear me roar!" I think I'll pass. I don't need any pants right now, especially animal print ones.