Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - February 28th, Tuesday

Hello there shopping friends.  It seems like we were just welcoming the month of February and here it is, the last day of the month.  Time waits for no one :-)

I looked at the Big Bonanza Silver Sale preview and saw a bracelet, necklace and 2 pairs of earrings that are interesting.  The necklace and bracelet are each nearly $173 so those will not be coming to my house.  The earrings?  Of the two, I might order one providing I see them on a model or manage to catch the presentation.

How are you today?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - February 28th, Tuesday

Me?  I'm sticking with stuff I really need like about 5 bags of mulch and a couple more bags of garden soil!  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Image result for mardi gras animated pics

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Bernie - Thank you for starting us today, hope you end up with at least one piece of jewelry.  I really do not need any jewelry, I just cleaned out a bunch of the costume and sterling silver stuff to be donated.  I also have gold jewelry to sell one of these days.  Since I don't work anymore, I just don't wear it like I used to.  I try wear it when I do go out, even if it is just to the grocery store ( now I sound like some crazy lady).  Oh well.

Meallen - Very cute graphic.

hoosier - I am still deciding what I will need for my yard.  I know I need a bunch of stone for the flower beds.  Can't wait to haul that around the yard.

Not much has been going on here, I do need to start my spring cleaning in my upstairs.  I have been at a bit of a stand still on that project.  I have been enjoying our nice weather, it is supposed to rain tonight, and get colder for a couple days, we will see how that goes.  I know we are going to pay for our nice weather one of these days.  We will probably wake up to 3 feet of snow one morning. 

Well, I need to get the dog walked and some clothes ironed.  Hope everyone has a great day.

Esteemed Contributor

It is a cloudy 58° day, but we are still waiting for thunderstorms tonight.  We are expected to get 1-3" of snow tomorrow which I would rather have than rain.  Then 3 days of 30's followed by 50's for the weekend.  March will be coming in like a lion.

I am having a lazy day.  Tomorrow DH & I are having breakfast out, followed by some shopping for vacation needs.

I have been pondering about how fragile & precious our lives are.

My DH lost a classmate 3 years ago.  Very nice fellow with a lovely wife & 4 children.  He & his youngest son were running their very nice Brown Swiss farm.

9 Days ago the wife of my DH's classmate died unexpectedly at age 67.  She had flown to TX to see her navy son & his family.  When she arrived at the airport coming back home, she was met by her DD & complained of flu like symptoms.  The next day she was so bad that she was taken by ambulance to a very good hospital.  Comatose & died 2 days later from Meningitis.  Our town is in shock again.  

My heart goes out to her DC & DGC.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.   Hope you find some jewelry you like that is affordable.  Like Susan, I have quite a bit of jewelry already, and I wear it to go to the grocery store, class, etc.  The only place I usually don't wear jewelry is to the gym.  It does seem that February flew away.

I am not too tempted by jewelry these days, but unlike hoosier, I'm not always as practical as I should be.  Hope your yardwork is enjoyable hoosier.

Cute grpahic, meallen.  We had a little celebration at the senior lunch program today -- decorations, and some candies in a few of the special cupcakes.  (Instead of the King's Cake).  It was nice.

Glad you are having mild weather, Susan, and I hope you don't have lots of bad weather in the future.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.

I will be going to the gym soon, and then I'll visit DH.  He was doing okay yesterday (not as sleepy), and I hope that same is true of today.  My youngest DGS just got a RA (resident assistant?) job at his college.  He is just a second semester Freshman, so it is rather unusual that he would qualify.  DD tells me that tuition is going up $4,000 next year, and the job will pay for the increase.  Win, win for DGS.  Needless to say, I'm very proud of him and my other grands.

Have a nice evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Hello friends!  I am not tempted by jewelry very often anymore, as I bought way too much for a while and realized eventually that only a little bit was truly special. I finally got my engagement ring reshaped (had bent it somehow a year or so ago!) and new clasp on a simple silver chain that DH had bought for me with a journey pendant, one of my favorites.  I am so pleased with the place at the mall that I plan to take a couple more things in to have fixed.

I am VERY excited to go shopping for plants eventually.  I have 2 big planter pots to fill and hopefully can keep it at that. I do love plants and I suspect it will be just gorgeous up here once spring springs.

Last night I went to a new Celebrate Recovery group and when I got out there was a dusting of snow on my car! Crazier yet, driving home there was so much snow falling that I had to go realy slow.  It was done a couple hours later when DH hit the road, and melted this morning.

I found a really cute cropped jean jacket at Target the other day.  I nearly have a new wardrobe these days - found a wonderful pair of Levi's so bought another, 2 new shoes that will work up here one casual one slightly dressy, several new tops along the way.  I tried to make a capsule and only put so much in my closet but I'm finding that I don't have enough choices.  Still trying to organize the house.  I do a little at a time here and there.