Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (December 28th, Tuesday)

Hello all, I'm watching snow fall outside of my window Woman Happy  We got some slushy slow (aka wintry mix) yesterday morning.  It probably would have melted if I waited but I figured shoveling it would count as exercise Woman Very Happy  I think we're gonna get a couple of inches over night. 

Other than that, not feeling any urges to shop. I will probably check out Christmas lights and wrapping (if they have any) as I'm running past those particular aisles on the way to the bird seed aisle when I do the grocery shopping tomorrow.

How's it going with you today?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (December 28th, Tuesday)

We are traveling in the Vermont ski mountains area, and just entered a Winter Wonderland!

Snow everywhere, very, very cold temperatures, and a frosty beauty in all the forests.

Tomorrow night we will have a fondue dinner--the perfect experience for this time of year.

Lucky (or maybe not) for me, stores are few and far between, so I have to live online for a bit!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

We had rain today ! We have had only about a quarter of an inch of precip in the last several months. We might have gotten almost a half inch this am. Not enough...but very welcome.

I have done very little today. Mostly did dog stuff !  They require my attention every single day. It is funny they are retrievers......love swimmimg. But they do not like the rain. Act like the wicked witch of the west...they think that they might melt !

I wish that I had some thing very exciting to report to everyone but alas that is just not the case ! Iwill hope that tomorrow is a better news day !  Be well everyone !

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Shoveling snow is very good exercise.  The stores near me haven't had Christmas lights for quite a while.  I would purchase some if they had any, but....  No wrapping paper since I have a little, and give very few wrapped gifts -- mostly just electronic gift cards or Zelle transfers.  In the "old days" I enjoyed buying wrapping paper and other holiday decorations, etc. right after Christmas.

No snow here, but we are expecting rain most of the week.  We need the rain, but I was happy that it was sunny (if cool) today.  

Enjoy your time in the Winter Wonderland, .  I haven't had fondue in years, but it does sound like a good thing to have there.  

Most of us don't live very exciting lives, Chessielady.  None of my dogs liked the rain, and it was very difficult to get them to go out.  The snow wasn't much better -- they required me to shovel down to the grass/dirt before they would "do their business" as my MIL used to say.

Nothing exciting going on here.  I picked up groceries at Walmart for a hospice caregiver, and they were running behind -- at least 45 minutes after the promised time.  Fortunately, they didn't take too long to bring out the groceries, and she got most of what she ordered.

After lunch -- I had a baked potato with lots of vegetables, etc. (tasted good), I went to the gym.  It was fairly busy, but I managed to stay socially distanced for most of the time, and wear my mask when that wasn't possible.

Yesterday evening, I took down part of my Christmas decorations.  I am trying to do this slowly and methodically this year. We'll see how that goes.  

One doctor finally visited Bev, but the other one has not seen her yet.  She thinks they will probably do the same procedure again.  She appreciates all your prayers and good thoughts.

Glad your water repairs were not as expensive as expected, Kathleen.  Several years ago, we had a problem (pipe from the street to the house) that resulted in a huge amount of wasted water.  Since our sewer bill is a flat rate based on water usage for three months (including the month of the big leak), I was happy that the sewer company agreed to base the amount without the "bad" month.  But, the water bill was huge that month.  Oh well....

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, we got about an inch of snow yesterday, so the old Indian formula says we will have 50 snowstorms.  We got another inch or two today. Two down & 48 to go. I am looking forward to shopping the next time we get to the Capitol City.  Hopefully this week or next week.  

FancyPhillyShopper, We loved going to the NE States in September.  I love snow and frosty trees this time of the year.  Our ds & ddil moved to FL in August.  Beaches are our most fun vacations. They are telling about their beaches etc.  Have fun with your fondue dinner tomorrow night.

chessielady, I guess a bit of rain is better than none.  I prefer a lot of snow.  It's much appreciated for our states economy.  We have a lot of snow mobile trails in our area and the ski resorts in the Central/Northern part of the state have ski resorts.  I used to love to ice skate, but those days are long gone.  Darn!

After my dh took his morning walk, he took the mopeds for a spin.  My excitement  was helping my him put our mopeds into the basement until next spring.   They are so much fun.  It costs $3.00 to fill them both up and it lasts at least two months.  

We went to the gym this afternoon &  had chili in the crock pot for supper.  I am just as boring as anybody.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, we were posting at the same time.  I like to wrap up a few things for the 3 dgc, but I have been using the same paper for at least 4 years.  Still have a lot left over.  We went to the gym and there was just one  lady.  She is nice to visit with & is fully vaccinated, boosted & we have to wear a mask when going from one machine to the next one.  We don't have to wear it when we are on the machine.  We go about 1:15 & most people are playing cards, BINGO, Flippo or pickle ball.  

Glenda

Honored Contributor

Enjoy your trip @FancyPhillyshopper  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Kathleen @Rock_chick  I'm glad that your plumbing problem was repaired.

Linda, I continue praying for Bev.

Honored Contributor

Well I did just shop online.  You know I wear my easy spirit traveltime clogs day in and out like house shoes and I got an email about a sale ending with easy spirit tonight.  I usually alternate between gray and navy clogs.  Saw two discounted gray options - one was a collaboration with Martha Stewart and one was the Eco line (made from recyclable materials).  I've been know to pay $69 before tax for one pair of easy spirit traveltimes.  I bought two pair, with tax and free shipping for 59.49.  I feel like I shopped wisely on this purchase especially since it's time for me to retire the pair I am wearing.  They will go in the garage for lawn work and I will get the only spare pair I have out of the closet for the new year.

Now I have spares and won't have to worry about it.  I also landed up in their VIP rewards club and don't know how, lol.  It's not like I shop there often.

Respected Contributor

Just dropping in to say hello and y'all are in my thoughts tonight. Glenda I wondered if you still had the mopeds!