Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Dec. 8, Saturday)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Thanks again for all your birthday wishes yesterday. 

DD sent me a lovely set of L'Occitane products.  She knows that I really like them.  And, I received a small vase from my work buddy in addition to cards and FB greetings, etc.  Much to my surprise and delight, my friend of many, many years called me in the evening, and we talked for about two hours.  We used to have very long telephone conversations, but got out of the habit over the years.  Anyway, it was great to get updates on her and her family and compare notes.

I saw that QVC has an I-Pad with a keyboard as the TSV.  I am seriously considering the purchase of a new one next year, and this one looks very nice.  But, I am simply not ready to buy now.  I am watching some of the presentations to learn more about the newer version.

It is sunny and cool here, but okay.  I have a volunteer appreciation lunch today, which should be nice.  Never got around the the Christmas cards yesterday, and I'm not sure they will be done this weekend, but very soon, I hope.

I received the Isaac TSV hoodie -- very fast delivery.  Unfortunately, it will be going back.  Last years version was wonderful, but this one seemed thinner and it also puckered around the top of the zipper.  I'm pretty sad about it, but no point in keeping something I don't love, especially since I have so many clothes already.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Dec. 8, Saturday)

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Linda -Thank you for starting us today.  Happy Belated Birthday!!!!  I have been very busy here, so I have been reading not posting. Sorry the jacket did not work out for you, it is disappointing when the quality isn't like it use to be.  I ordered a few shirts from the Q and from Lands End.  I only kept a couple of the shirts and rest went back.  I am going buy from stores as much as I can.   I am tired of paying for postage for things that don' fit.  Have a good time at your lunch today.

Have been busy here, DH is doing well after his stroke, but we are starting some physical therapy and have apppts. set up for speech and occupational therapy.  My mom had some surgery that is taking longer than we expected to get her home.  So I will be reading but not posting much.

Hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies...sorry about your DH Susan....I had not been reading/posting myself for the past few weeks as one of my sons has been staying g with us..he had been in hospital both in Bklyn and up here in Ct. so it's been a lot of running around...he is on the mend and I hope your DH and mom will be too soon.

I did not see today's iPad Linda,I have one that has replaced my computer use even though we just got a new desk top the other day.  I buy my apple stuff from their stores....maybe I feel " safer" or something doing that.....probably silly.  MY iPad has the wifi and the 4-g....so this way I can get on yo it anywhere by switching over to my ATT data...I don't use public wifi ...even if available.I have a cell phone / data in one bill...it's unlimited ,for one set rate a month.    I am thinking of combining yo a family plan with 2 of kids and myself...I do need one of them to come with me though  to the Apple Store because things like that I have no idea understanding. 

it's another chilly but sunny day here..it was 17 when I got up this morning.....but I guess that's to be expected.  our lawn guys were around this morning to do the final clean up of the leaves and cutting back of some bushes etc.

Guess that's about it.....have a nice day everyone.....Marijane

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Hello all, it's pretty chilly here but at least the sun is out.  I don't have anything exciting to report Woman Wink

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I am sorry that the IM TSV did not work out for   you. When not in love with something, it is better to return it than keep it as it will get limited or no use.. Your birthday  gifts were great and it is fabulous that you were able to have a good telepone conversation with an old friend.

Susan--I hope DH's physical therapy goes well and it helps him to regain all his pre-stroke abilities. It is frustrating when things ordered from any source do not work out. That is one advantage of being able to see and try things on in a store.

Marijane--You also have family obligations that are priorities. I do  hope the recovery process is not prolonged although you have already been involved with the recovery for some time. I hope the Winter is not bad for you as it will make it easier to get out and make appointments.

meallen--Thank you for the great birthday graphic for Linda.

Bernie--If there is sunshine, it is a good day. I'm sure you and the birds have been spending time together.

I went to the city at 8am to get my hair cut. I then went into Ulta which has recently opened  I came home with some Urban Decay eyeshadow and Peter Thomas Roth pumpkin enzyme mask. I could have gotten it on the Q but this resulted in no shipping costs to be added  I had lunch with my niece and then got back home at 2pm. I had no desire to spend the afternoon battling shopping crowds. I got into Ulta just as it opened for the day.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.