Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Dec. 7, Friday)

Hello, TGIF and all that Woman Very Happy

Another cloudy day here.  I wish it would rain or snow already.  If it's going to do neither, I'd like to see the sun.

I completed and mailed my Christmas cards this morning.  

So what's going on in your world today?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Dec. 7, Friday)

Hello Ladies...Happy Birthday Linda... I hope you are having a nice day!

It is sunny but pretty chilly and windy here today......I have been decorating most of the day.  Christmas is my favorite time of year to do that.   Also We had gotten a new computer another desk top, my DH is the only one yo use it,replace our Mack that died.....our youngest ordered it a few days ago and it came yesterday.  He and my daughter assured us it's a cinch to set up not like past ones.  We did get it working but there's still some kinks to work out but it's going.   I use my iPad only to do everything,so when this computer died I was ok and I got my original iPad out,9 years old,charged it up and it was still chugging g away for my DH to do mail and read papers etc...it's slow and seems big and heavy compared to my IPad Air one but worked fine for what he used it for.   

That's about all from here,Chinese take out for supper......Have a nice day everyone.  

Marijane

Honored Contributor

Happy Birthday @LindaLatte

Image result for happy birthday linda gif

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. Good job on getting those Christmas cards done. The weather is  a little tricky right now, so I hope you get what you really want.

Marijane--Thank you for bringing it to our attention that it is Linda's birthday. I wish her a great day. I do hope you enoy your new computer as well as your  decorating. Chinese for dinner sounds good.

I worked today which was an unusually challenging day. To top it off, I forgot to take my heart meds this morning. As a result, I am exhausted and not feeling on top of things. I'm having an antipasto salad from take out and then I am heading to rest. Tomorrow, I am supposed to go to the city.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Thanks to all for your birthday wishes.  Love the graphic.

We had fog when I took my walk this morning -- very rare here, and I sort of enjoyed it since I was not driving.  Then, I went to the church lunch, and it was raining heavily with lightening and thunder.   The lunch (meat loaf) was pretty good, and I did my volunteer job -- just helping clean up after I finished my lunch.  I saw quite a few people there who go to the senior lunch program.

When I left the lunch, it was sunny, but cool.  It has been on and off rain here, but now the sun is out again.  I guess the weather just cannot make up its mind.

Glad you got your Christmas cards finished and mailed, Bernie.  I hope to get that done this weekend.  

Enjoy your new computer, Marijane.   Hope you and your DH work out all the kinks. I have a pretty old i-pad (not as old as yours, but....) that I might replace next year.  It still works just fine, but I know there have been many improvements since I purchased it.  And, it was a reconditioned one to begin with, so the new one is probably much better.  I use it mainly for trips. 

Sorry it hasn't been a great day for you, and you forgot your heart medicine, Jean.  Hope you will be up to going into the city tomorrow.  I believe that is your postponed Thanksgiving meal, correct?

After the lunch, I went to the Post Office to mail a package to DD.  She and I are the only ones who like fruitcake, so I made one and sent her half along with some candy.  The Post Office was very crowded, but I didn't have any issues.  Then I went to Sprouts and Safeway -- mostly for produce, and stopped by Starbucks for my free birthday drink -- gingerbread latte.  Good.

I thought about buying a piece of cake (they sell single pieces) at Safeway, but did not find anything that I liked.  Not to worry since I have plenty of sweets.

Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda