Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Dec 19, Wednesday)

Good Morning!  It was quite chilly when I got up this morning (37 degrees), but should warm up later.  We are supposed to be having warmer than normal temperatures for the weekend.  Sounds good to me.

The senior lunch program and gym went okay yesterday, and this morning I had phase one of my TB testing done (for being a hospice volunteer).  I need to go back on Friday to have it read and then have another test in a week or so.  I saw the Hospice Chaplain while I was waiting.  That was nice.

While I considered going for a walk after having the test done, I decided to wait until it warms up a bit.  Nothing else planned for the day, which is fine with me.

I am still confused about the Kipling bag.  Q has issued a refund, but it is supposedly in a Post Office in Arizona.  Sorry that table/stand did not work out for you Jean.  Weird that you got two instead of one as you ordered.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Dec 19, Wednesday)

Hi Linda @LindaLatte  I have every confidence you will pass the TB tests.  Do they still poke you with a multi prong thing that you have to watch for some kind of reaction?  I can't remember the last time I had a TB test.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I have those tuberculin skin tests done periodically as a condition of employment. If there is a reaction, then x-rays, and other follow up is required. I'm sure you will dof well. I do hope the Kipling bag mystery is resolved. 

I worked unexpectedly today and just got home. I had two phone calls from the Q regarding a delay in shipment of one item I had pre-ordered a long time ago plus another call apologizing that it appears that an item ordered would not reach me before Christmas. In both instances, a $10 credit was put on my account.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

I didn't really look at what the nurse did with the test, but she did poke me, and I am to look for a bump.  She will check it on Friday. Then, I need to have the test re-done (some sort of Arizona rule) and come back a second time.  I think I need to wait a week in between tests.  

I remember when DH had the test (I was trying to enroll him in Adult Day Services), and he got a big bump.  Fortunately, he was cleared after an x-ray.  I think that the tests are very common in schools, etc., so I'm not surprised that you have had several, Jean.

Nice to get the $10 credits for your trouble.

Much to my surprise, my Kipling purse arrived this afternoon.  Unfortunately, the color is not what I wanted, which is red.  This is more like orange.  I would be okay with an red/orange, but this is just too orange.  I am afraid it will not go with many of my clothes.  So, I'll be mailing it back.  Not sure what will happen regarding shipping since they have already refunded the purchase price, but maybe it will be okay.  I enclosed a copy of the e-mail they sent.

Oh well......

Have a nice evening.

Honored Contributor

I'm watching Leah on QVC2 via facebook and she's making me wanna shop Woman LOL

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Sorry that the Kipling bag wasn't the color that you were looking forward to receiving. I have a red Kipling that is really more of a rusty red. I do like it, however.

Bernie--I'm trying not to watch too much QVC but Leah is very good at tempting me also.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.