Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - August 5, Saturday

Good Morning, I have the TV tuned into QVC and have AM Style on QVC2 tuned in on the computer.  I guess I'm interested in fashion day, lol.

So far I haven't ordered anything, I would like to see 2 items presented.  One is that olive embroidered jacket and the other is an expensive pair of leather sneakers I likely won't order - just being nosey on the shoes.

The temps dropped and the wind picked up yesterday.  I turned the heat on in the car for the evening commute home and the furnace kicked on in my house last night.

I am not complaining - it feels great out there, lol.

I need to make a run to Target to see if I can find a can of my suede spray by Kiwi.  My local Meijer's switched out Kiwi for some other brand I've never heard of and I'm not about to try it on my new shabooties.

My dad used Kiwi products, I use Kiwi shoe products - it's tradition.  

The grass didn't grow that much so aside from picking up twigs/branches and walnuts - no yard work for me.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - August 5, Saturday

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. On a scale of 1 to 5, this Fashion event is a one so far. I was looking forward to AM Style with Leah. I remember seeing a pair of peep toe shoes I liked.

It is a cool Fall-like day here. It is nice but I hope this doesn't indicate that Winter will be bad. I got motivated and made hotel arrangements for the night before our super early morning flight to Puerto Rico in November, and also for the late night flight back the next week as we will be landing shortly before Midnight. The airport is about 85 miles from me, so I'm in no mood to drive that distance over challenging roads in the dark. When I see a good rate, I book it as hotels are not getting cheaper in the capital city.

I did see the Susan Graver Milano knit pants presented this morning. I just received them. The fit is excellent and the fabric is great.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, I like the Kiwi products too.  I am going to use it on my DH's newly purchased leather cowboy boots.  The lawn gets mowed about once a week unless we are on vacation.    It was in the upper 60's yesterday with a few shower's sprinkled in.  We are expecting 70's for about 10 days.  Our temps are below normal.  I don't care if we don't have any more 80'90's.  I love fall & sweater & boots weather

I watched a little bit of ams this morning, but nothing called my name.  After decluttering my closet this week I am going to be selective in tops, boots & handbags.

Since it is a sunny breezy 70's day, I hung out 2 large loads of laundry.  We are expecting rain tomorrow & Monday, but a beautiful Tuesday at which time I will hang out more laundry.  It just smells so nice.

I mopeded downtown this morning & bought some beets at the farmer's market & then got my walk in.  I didn't walk yesterday, because I needed my strength for grocery shopping.

I am having a lazy afternoon reading.  

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, fashion day used to be fun but now it's just "another day at the office."  Good job in reserving rooms for your upcoming November trip.  I am glad that your SG pants are keeper's.  Our temps are below normal too, but I am loving it.  

My DH is sound asleep in his recliner.  I think that he is still recovering from his baseball outing with his brother's.  I like baseball, but I'm glad that I didn't go.  The Brewer's stadium is beautiful, but a lot of walking for me.  He shared a motel room with one of his brother's & it was $140 & their ticket's were $42 for each game.  Oh & that didn't include their food.  I had a fun lunch with my friend at Chop Stick's for $6.50!

It is so nice having the windows open.  

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Glad you are enjoying the cooler weather and Fashion Day.  Hope you have no problems in getting that Kwi spray -- that is the brand I have used for years as well.  Good luck on the jacket decision. Just FYI -- I finally switched to my Kipling purse last night.  It is so pretty.

Glad you like those pants as much as I do, Jean.  Good job in booking the hotel.  The price you quoted yesterday is extremely reasonable compared to those I have been finding lately.  Like you, I am not keen on late-night driving after a flight.   Thanks for mentioning, Arlene.  I am praying that she feels better and things work out with her and her furbabies.

Hi twinny, glad you got your walk in, and were able to find some nice beets.  I'm a beet fan to be sure.  So far, I have not been overly tempted by the Fashion Day items, which is a good thing.  Some of the things are cute, but are not calling my name.

It rained a while yesterday evening which was a surprise to me.  Not complaining for sure.  It is supposed to be dry and pretty hot next week (highs about 100 or more.)  On the positive side, it might make for better swimming weather since they close the pools if there is thunder or lightening five miles away or closer, so the pools have been closing quite a bit lately.

So happy DH likes his new wheelchair, and he was is a very good mood yesterday.  I'm hoping for the same today.  It was pretty nice on my walk this morning (not too hot).

Nothing exciting going on here -- I'm doing laundry (wish I could hang it outside like twinny) and I'll be doing my weekly financial review.  I pulled some weeds this morning, and planted a rosemary plant to replace one that looks like it is dying.

Waves to all of our posters and readers, and have a good day everyone. 

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Bernie - Thank you for starting us today.  Hope you find the spray you want.  I also us Kiwi brand for my shoes.  I always thought it was the only brand for shoes.  Glad to hear you don't have any yardwork to do.  We need to cut grass this weekend. 

Jean - Glad you like your pants.  I was considering those for travel pants.  I hate when my pants are wrinkled, usually we don't go to places that require dressing up when we trave.  When my dog is no longer with us, we want to go to Italy, so I know I will need to take a few dress clothes.  Hopefully, this won't be for quite a while.  Your trip sounds like it will be wonderful, can't wait to hear about it.

Twinny - Glad you got your walk in, I need to get busy doing that again.   I also need to get back to the decluttering, I just have not felt the love to do it, it needs done mind you, but just not doing it.  I also need to be more selective on items.  I need to make a list of the things I need and just get those.  Hope you get more laundry out before it rains.

Linda - Glad DH likes his new wheelchair.  Does he have a pillow or cushion under him while he is in it?  I love to cook with rosemary, it makes everthing taste so good.  Glad you got some much needed rain.  We are having a cool fall like day here, not complaining, I love fall. 

Well stopped to say hello, and hope everyone has a great day.

Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat, I'm glad you are pleased with your new Milano knit pants. I like a nice knit pants - looks professional when necessary, can be dressy when necessary and is comfortable. 

Honored Contributor

@twinny70  It's breezy and chilly here and I love it!  I went to Target and found my Kiwi spray - the new shabooties are drying out on the trunk lid of the Camaro (garage door open) as I type this.

While I was at Target and keeping to my weekly shopping list, I did find good specials on my Triscuit crackers and Motts unsweetened apple sauce cups.  I used coupons too.  I am having a hard time finding my Silk soy milk and settled for Almond milk last time I did grocery shopping at Meijer's.  I can't eat my grapenuts dry, lol, and I won't waste the Almond milk, but I don't like it.  It's watery and doesn't have the protein my soy milk has.

Target had Silk soy milk in vanilla.  I prefer the light, not so much for the calories, just a less sweet vanilla flavor but at this point, beggars can't be choosers :-)

Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte  I'm so glad that your beloved likes his new wheelchair and was in better spirits when you visited him yesterday.  

Honored Contributor

Susan @PAlady, doesn't this weather feel great?