Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - August 5, Saturday

Twinny--Glad you got your laundry out and was able to get in your walk. As you said, sometimes you have to watch your level of activity when planning a big excursion.

Linda--The hotel prices in the capital city tend to be high because they cater to the business traveler who is getting reimbursed. Some of them are higher than some resort hotels in San Juan or Waikiki. I used to stay at the Sleep Inn which is Choice Hotel's highest quality award winner. The prices kept rising. I just don't want to pay that price for a few hours of sleep. I'll be getting two nights at the cheaper place for the price of one at the Sleep Inn which was $120 a night plus tax for senior rate. The other place is highly rated, clean, quiet and is very secure. It works for me-- $120 for two nights instead of just one night to sleep a few hours. Both places are the same driving distance to airport and neither have park and fly. Glad DH likes his new wheel chair and that you got rain.

Susan--Those SG pants will be great for travel. They are knit but as they said this morning, they feel like gabradine. They were not wrinkled when I took them out of the package. They can be dressed up so they are very versatile.

Bernie--Good job on protecting those shoes. I also love those unsweetened applesauce cups.

I haven't done any exercise/walking today. I got in 305 active minutes this week plus the minutes that did not count. My goal was to exercise 5 out of 7  days and I actually did 6 days. I feel as if I am slacking today if I don't do some exercise that counts.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hi ladies,

After some morning rain, it's now 78 degrees, love it!

Image result for enjoy your day animated images

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, I am glad that your DH likes his new wheelchair.  I am sure that the new ones are quite comfy compared to years ago when I would cry because my "buns" hurt so bad.  Enjoy the pool.

Palady, I have never used Rosemary.  I wouldn't have any idea what it tastes like.

Meallen, it is wonderful hot tub weather again.  We have missed a few days here & there when it is in the  upper 80's or hotter.

Just got out of the hot tub  & have the laundry all dry & put away.  Aaaah.  It smells so good.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes regarding the cushion in the wheelchair.  DH was sleepy this morning, but he was smiling.

twinny -- rosemary is often used with things like lamb and Italian or Greek food.  I don't use it often in cooking, but I love the smell, etc.  I rub a little in my hands, and it smells very nice.  

Bernie -- I tried almond milk and found it watery, etc.  Ended up throwing it out.  I guess I should try the soy milk sometime.

That is certainly a wonderful price for two nights at a hotel, Jean.  I used to be able to find reasonably priced hotels near Dulles Airport, but last time the prices were as high as the luxury place where you used to go.  And, they were definitely not luxury places.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really hadn't felt well all day but was feeling I was neglecting the exercise, so I decided to try it. I got in 32 active minutes and 3850 steps. The odd thing is that I feel better now.

Watching the IM show now. There was a pair of pants of his featured earlier today that I considered but they had seams down the front when I looked closely. I personally don't care for that.

I've seen some tops I liked because of the pattern and neck but they were too long. I have problems with tunic style items.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.