Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - August 25th (Friday)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Happy to see on Facebook that Barbara is feeling much better after her infusion.  Hopefully, twinny will be saying the same after hers today.  Also hope Jean has a good day of subbing, and any of you in the path of the storm stay safe.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with your DH"s things, Bernie.  I am not donating or trashing anything that is meaningful to me.  And, I carefully consider my emotions when contemplating donations.  One thing I have learned going through this journey with DH is that everyone is different, and I need to rely on myself to figure things out.

It was pretty nice on my walk this morning -- mostly in the 70's, but it should make it well into the 90's again today.  Not a great day for considering Christmas decorations, etc.  No TSV for me -- I had a previous version and I decided that they just don't work that well for me -- window sills are very narrow for one thing.  Hope that any of you who order them enjoy them very much.

Meanwhile, I received the Barefoot Dreams TSV yesterday.  It certainly seems very nice, and I'm glad I did not size up, which I did consider.  The arms are not very large, so if I was thinking of wearing a thick sweater, I would size up..  When it is so hot outside it is difficult to judge warmth, etc., but I think It will be great.  It is quite long on me -- could be a sweater coat.

The hospice nurse said that the caregivers reported that DH was pocketing (I think that is the word) his food.  He was putting it in one of his cheeks.  This can be an issue if swallowing becomes difficult.  I have noticed him doing this, but my solution is to take a break from feeding him so that he can go ahead a chew things.  That works for me, but of course, it slows down mealtime.  Anyway, no swallowing problems, which is good.  He was is a good mood yesterday, and was not overly sleepy until after dinner.

I don't have any big plans for today.  I was hoping to have my haircut, but my hairdresser is off.  I may try tomorrow.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers, and please post if you have a chance.  Have a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - August 25th (Friday)

Thanks for starting the thread @LindaLatte.  Glad the Barefoot Dreams TSV worked out for you.  Also good to read that your visit with your husband went well and that he doesn't have issues swallowing.  

I ended up placing an order for several things with JCP yesterday. Wouldn't you know, I was so busy browsing and adjusting my cart I forgot to move the items to the saved area and go back in through e-bates.  Go ahead, somebody kick me, lol.

I went through my closet this morning and picked 2 items to donate and 2 to discard (showing wear).

For the life of me, I swear I put a pair of jeans on donation status and can't find where I put them.  They are definitely not in the jean drawer and I can't find them anywhere. I even looked in the little closet in the laundry area of the basement.  I thought for sure I put them in there with the winter jacket I dry cleaned and was holding for donation in the fall.

I know they didn't walk out of this house so I guess I hid them on myself.  Arghhhh.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry about the eBates issue, Bernie.  I have done that myself, oh well.....  I have also misplaced things I was planning to donate.  I'm sure they will show up eventually, that that can take a while.  Have a good day!

Respected Contributor

I don't post often but I do follow the thread. I have to echo Birdmamma on the donations. For me some things were easy to part with. Others took more time. Linda please be kind to yourself. Grief (and you are in the process) doesn't have a roadmap or timetable. Hugs to you dear lady!!
Honored Contributor

Watching some of the Christmas on the Q today, 

ladies,

Image result for have a nice weekend everyone images

Honored Contributor

@meallen616  I'm avoiding any Christmas programming today.  It's been crisp enough outside the past couple of days that I can't quite throw all the windows open (lest my birds get a chill).  This has me thinking of fall and leaves (not quite Christmas).

Enjoy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Good afternoon...as Linda said, it has been a rough few months. I try not to complain and pretend all is well, but sometimes I cannot do it. I had a low dose of the medication, so do not expect it to last for 4 weeks.

everyone has been busy..lol at you Bernie..I can to tally misplace something meant for donation. Sometimes I thing that I am too organized.

linda, glad you like the bd cardigan. I have 3 and they work well...I find them warm enough to wear on flights between here and Az in the winter. 

Twinnt hope your infusion goes well.

jean..you have been busy subbing..as a principal, I was not too happy with folks who were not present the first couple weeks of school. 

(((Hugs))) toLl.